• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1393
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 322477 times and has 1392 replies Next Thread
Faulkston

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

That trophy has been proposed (for skellie fights anyway). I believe the trophy shouldn't be awarded to a pirate who stalled the majority of the time just to be the survivor of a fray. Otherwise it would have the adverse effect of pirates not fighting the skellies just to get the trophy through stalling tactics.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jun 11, 2012 10:30:54 PM]
[Jun 11, 2012 10:29:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

I'd like to suggest trophies that are similar to the skeleton amulet line (Army of Darkness, Corpse Corps).

Instead though, these would be for the battling alongside zombies/ghosts/werewolves/vampires.

It always attracts jobbers to my voyages when I offer to skelly everyone for double the trophies so to speak, and now that we have so many types of temporary transformations, it'd be cool if we had corresponding trophies as well.
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jun 28, 2012 6:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ChainLinks

I'd like to suggest trophies that are similar to the skeleton amulet line (Army of Darkness, Corpse Corps).

Instead though, these would be for the battling alongside zombies/ghosts/werewolves/vampires.

I like the idea (I've always loved Hallowe'en-ish stuff), but if they did that for ALL the monsters, that would mean a total of 20 trophies for what's considered a novelty. Atlantis has less than that, and vampires are rare enough as it is.
[Jul 12, 2012 11:29:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moshay9

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet but here are my ideas...
How about trophies for captain of a crew? Such as how many wins youve had with your crew.
Or how about trophies for a flag. Such as for reaching a rank, or how many people are under that flag.
Our lastly how about a trophy for becoming governor or queen/king. Just a thought. What do you guys think?
[Aug 3, 2012 7:50:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

A series of trophies for:

Capturing points in blockade, while an enemy ship of equal or larger influence is within your influence. Awarded to pirate who has the helm, starting at 500.

Just wanted to clarify that this is for points actually scored, not just influenced.

A corollary trophy series for neutralising points (any ship type) would also be nice; this could be awarded to navver or whole ship.
Game Design: A place to hide all your posts from OOO employees.
[Aug 3, 2012 10:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

Collector of <Trinket>.
Example: Collector of Knobby Coral

Pirates probably have crates and chests full of these things. Dregded up from the bottom of the oceans, awarded in tournaments... and half the time people just throw them back up in another tournament as a prize. Lets give them a reason to exist.

If a pirate collects 1 of every color of a specific trinket, they can be cashed in at the bank or palace or something, and the pirate received a trophy of that type of trinket. Now obviously it wouldn't work for store-bought stuff, but it would work on expedition trinkets as an alternative to their specific cash-ins.
[Aug 3, 2012 1:58:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uncleal5

Has anyone suggested a trophy for mapping the newly combined oceans? Its certainly deserved!
Uncleal on Viridian

Ye aint nothing but a Homunculus!
[Aug 4, 2012 9:08:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akatsukieye

Maybe a trophy for winning a hand with a royal flush (Showdown required)? You get a trophy for winning a 1m pot so surely you should be rewarded with a trophy for winning with a hand where the odds are 649,739:1 (gotta love a quick wiki search)

Maybe a bunch of trophies for covering a specified number of league points? Beginning with a battered map for the first trophy leading up to a framed map or golden map or something? Could entice people to pillage as well.
[Aug 9, 2012 1:18:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Collector of <Trinket>.

Pirates probably have crates and chests full of these things. Dregded up from the bottom of the oceans, awarded in tournaments... and half the time people just throw them back up in another tournament as a prize. Lets give them a reason to exist.

If a pirate collects 1 of every color of a specific trinket, they can be cashed in at the bank or palace or something, and the pirate received a trophy of that type of trinket. Now obviously it wouldn't work for store-bought stuff, but it would work on expedition trinkets as an alternative to their specific cash-ins.

As an avid trinket collector, I say yes. :) I only wish to add this - if we have to trade it in, why not make it so we get the same trinkets (NON-TRADEABLE) back... so we can still display them?
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Aug 10, 2012 9:38:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

Collector of <Trinket>.

As an avid trinket collector, I say yes. :) I only wish to add this - if we have to trade it in, why not make it so we get the same trinkets (NON-TRADEABLE) back... so we can still display them?

What if you trade them in for a trophy and some sort of display furniture that never dusts? Like a Knobby Coral Model similar to Atlantean models?
[Aug 15, 2012 10:27:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_is_Hott

Patching Trophies :D

Something for Flawless masterpieces at 1, 10, & 100..
Something for use of All grommets in a board.. 100, 500, & 10,000

Add to the list, I lost my ideas D;
Kiiraa On Meridian ;]
Come cause chaos <3

Darklover on Sage (no longer playing there)
[I miss you, Darkice]

Avatar: Plain shirt (female, black), Scarf (female, black and black)
[Aug 18, 2012 5:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_is_Hott

[BUMP] [BUMP] [BUMP] D:
Kiiraa On Meridian ;]
Come cause chaos <3

Darklover on Sage (no longer playing there)
[I miss you, Darkice]

Avatar: Plain shirt (female, black), Scarf (female, black and black)
[Aug 20, 2012 7:02:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srachit

Hello,
I would like to suggest 2 new trophies available only to captain of a crew, the first trophy is:
1) Illustrative fame: This trophy is awarded to the captain of the crew when his crew his illustrative fame
2) Number 1 crew in the ocean: Again awarded to the captain of the crew when his crew reaches the first position.

The reason I suggest this is that in recent days my crew has seen a great surge in activity and growth and we have been pushed from oblivion to rank 15th in the ocean and soon I believe we will hit rank 1. What saddens me is that if I ever retire from the game I will not have anything to prove that I was once a successful captain when I return.

I understand that this can be exploited by change of captain till everyone who wants it gets it, so my suggestion is that it is awarded only if the person has been captain of the crew for over a month/is founder of the crew and the crew achieved it under his command. So if my crew hits rank 1 I cannot make my SO captain and make him get the trophy aswell

Thanks
Raaz
Raaz on Emerald
Pandaraaz on Meridian
[Aug 23, 2012 10:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nofuninthesu

Trophy for beating the 10th teacher at swords, rumble and drinking???

there is when you get to the 15th I think?

You mean Drinking Challenge 1, 2, 3 etc. And stops at 10? It continues even though it doesnt change the number on mission board, I think at 15 you get Barfly, Fencer, and Scrapper.
Effect on the Emerald Ocean

Check it out! Rofl, thanks to Yohococo for starting this epic thread.
[Aug 29, 2012 11:45:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xanther4

I second this. But for the grommets one are you proposing each grommet used is worth a point, or each board is worth a point? In the latter's case that'd be pretty difficult to reach 10k all grommet board clears.
Wipley of Emerald
Darkfaery's Avatar Goodness

Making the forums awkward and the game more stupid since 2008.

Anything
[Jan 3, 2013 1:37:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaV96

I second this. But for the grommets one are you proposing each grommet used is worth a point, or each board is worth a point? In the latter's case that'd be pretty difficult to reach 10k all grommet board clears.

I think every grommet should count, not only when using all in a board.
Also, there should be rigging trophies for creating wilds or any special pieces at 100, 1000, 2500 and 10000.
[Jan 7, 2013 10:10:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yomoncool

Alchemistry: amount of bottles filled 100,1k,10k,

Patching: amount of grommets totally used.

Blacksmithing: amount of moltens.

Foraging: crates cleared

Weaving: amount of beads used.

Distilling: Amount of crystal clears
frankthetank ~ Emerald
No matter what you do or how you do it I am and always will be better than you.
Undeniable Stud. Babes pm me.
[Jan 7, 2013 4:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thylawrence2

breaking the 1337th reply... this makes me sad

anyways

Foraging is *sort of* covered by the "gold" trophies, for 1, 10, and 100 golds foraged.

Otherwise, all other puzzles are fine. (Inever understood why OOO rewarded wood grain bonuses though, and especially at those insanely high numbers. One would think they'd award them for holes filled, like sailing rewards targets cleared).
All about Tothemoonn! of the Emerald Ocean

Artistic rendition of my face and upper body by the superbly skilled Xioch!
[Jan 7, 2013 10:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Maybe a bejeweled citadel and diamond citadel just like the crabs? And also for the triketos etc.
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer
[Feb 13, 2013 4:05:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

Bejewelled citadel would break from the progression of kills, as those start at bronze, and go bronze-silver-gold-diamond. Crabs start at silver, and require an additional type (bejewelled) to make 4 tiers. Would it be possible that there is a diamond citadel already, but nobody has reached it? After all, there is a diamond sloop.
[Feb 13, 2013 7:10:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xanther4

Cauldron of Blood- Next in KB trophy progression. Maybe 500 KB?
Wipley of Emerald

Anything
[Mar 17, 2013 3:32:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

You mean Bathtub of Blood, maybe?
Followed by Swimming Pool of Blood, of course.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Mar 17, 2013 3:33:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

And then for seas, oceans, and finally "a container of blood big enough to hold the amount of scuppers that OOO doesn't give about their userbase".
[Mar 17, 2013 3:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xanther4

Wipley of Emerald

Anything
[Mar 17, 2013 3:56:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Buckoman123

I like it.
Buckoman on Obsidian

King of Anchor Issues
Senior Officer of Permanent Markers
[Mar 17, 2013 3:57:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

On topic, Cauldron is actually a good progression, however, it might be the last, unless you want a whole kraken by the end...
[Mar 17, 2013 4:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I want a trophy for sinking cultist ships. Yes, I know that there's no point to it. But on those very rare occasions when you have to, it would be nice to get something for it.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Mar 19, 2013 4:08:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

I want one too!
[Mar 19, 2013 4:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I honestly think they should have an "Addiction Trophy" for playing over 50 hours in a week, 75 hours in a week, or 100 hours in a week, just to show people that you are addicted to the game. I would of won those 10 times already. :P

This would be awesome. Or perhaps a trophy for playing a specific puzzle X hours in a row. (poor/booches wouldn't count)
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Mar 23, 2013 4:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I honestly think they should have an "Addiction Trophy" for playing over 50 hours in a week, 75 hours in a week, or 100 hours in a week, just to show people that you are addicted to the game. I would of won those 10 times already. :P

This would be awesome. Or perhaps a trophy for playing a specific puzzle X hours in a row. (poor/booches wouldn't count)

In a row? Like, without any breaks? Because of our health, I hope they don't - it would be pretty irresponsible to come up with a trophy that requires you to puzzle, say, three hours in a row (also, where could you do this except some greatly successful SMH/flotilla run or a long swabby route)? Although, you could make a workaround: go out solo with your sloop, puzzle the first league and don't leave your station, stand in the first league point for however it takes to get that trophy - or start a distilling session, and pause it...

They already do have experience trophies, which is equivalent for how much time you've spent doing the puzzle.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Mar 24, 2013 12:18:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates