• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1393
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 322538 times and has 1392 replies Next Thread
Justinjd

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

I honestly think they should have an "Addiction Trophy" for playing over 50 hours in a week, 75 hours in a week, or 100 hours in a week, just to show people that you are addicted to the game. I would of won those 10 times already. :P
[Aug 29, 2011 9:34:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sfran

Wth? No #1 of #1s trophy?
----------------------------------------
Pasteur en Jade
[Sep 3, 2011 8:38:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

I have read the Index and found my suggestion, and I am assuming I am not the only one who feels this way. But there should be trophies for Crews and Flags.. Doesn't Necessarily have to be a captain Trophy... Ex: A number one crew, Every member would get a trophy... I am curious as to why there are no flag or crew trophies?
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Sep 6, 2011 2:50:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

All of those funky puzzling trophies...

I'd like to see rigging get SOMETHING. I don't rig. I hate it, actually... but there's no good reason to leave it out.

# of pieces cleared
# of pieces looped
# of special pieces used

Seems lame to leave it out. That's it.

AND. Battle nav.

I'd like to see the grindable puzzling trophy for number of moves entered into a bnav scenario. ALL battle navigation will count. I like the numbers from the Sailing set... 100/4000/10000/40000.

Of course I'm too lazy and tired to name them. Just a thought.
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[Sep 11, 2011 4:12:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

I love running events but I often feel there are too few player run events, may be a trophy or two would encourage others.

Event runner: For running an event worthy of OM support
Familiar Event Runner: For running an event worthy of a familiar.

I would see these working the same way as the game design and meetup trophies, if Apollo decides to support an event to someone who does not have the trophy then he would manually add it.

It would also be nice if running an event increased one's Patron reputation. I can get patron reputation by putting up 5k (or nothing but less participants means less reputation) and a few seconds of my time to have a tournament but spending many hours designing and running a competition and putting up 250k-500k in prizes gets none.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Sep 12, 2011 11:00:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Yes please.

Carps got Grain Bous trophies
Bilge has got loads
Guns too
Sails intergrated recently
Navigation also trophies...

but rigs.... a dismal 0 trophies related to duty except incredible

furthermore
A trophy for being kicked from skelly/zombie frays:
Perhaps: "Refunded 100 Poe"
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Sep 16, 2011 2:18:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Dedicated doodler trophy.

Not that I'll ever get one :)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Sep 16, 2011 2:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Briggsy1979

i have to be honest i don't have the time to read all 130 something pages to find out why this trophy doesn't already exist. But why isn't there a trophy for memming the whole ocean which ever ocean you play on. Anyone that has done it will tell you it takes a long time and a lot of dedication. Isn't that what trophies should be awarded for? There are a lot of long time players that still haven't done it. I know you can display an item in a portrait but its not that same as have a trophie for memmeding 100% of the ocean.
Briggsy
S.O of the Ride the Lightening
Cobalt Ocean, Now Cerulean

Oversteer = hitting the dock with the stern, Understeer = hitting the dock with the bow, Sheet's = how fast you hit the dock, Mast's = how much of the dock you take with you. :)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Briggsy1979 at Oct 22, 2011 7:48:17 AM]
[Oct 22, 2011 7:44:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

There exists a trophy suggestions thread index entry for that particular suggestion.

For what it's worth, memorization allows for certain portrait items to be held:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Portrait_item#Memorization
Given that there are portrait items for broad puzzle experience as well as matching trophies, that would suggest that trophies for ocean league point memorization would be possible.

Also in inverse fashion, there are portrait items available once a couple of trophies have been awarded to a pirate.
[Oct 22, 2011 12:56:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Briggsy1979

and looking at the treads, which appear to be lots of pages. as normal nothing has been done even though it was suggest in 2007. mmm. as normal, nothing is done and is brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. to be honest im starting to wonder why there is any suggestion treads at all. its not like anything recently suggested has actually happened
Briggsy
S.O of the Ride the Lightening
Cobalt Ocean, Now Cerulean

Oversteer = hitting the dock with the stern, Understeer = hitting the dock with the bow, Sheet's = how fast you hit the dock, Mast's = how much of the dock you take with you. :)
[Oct 23, 2011 8:57:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hathan

Crew/flag acheivements

captained no.1 crew
part of no.1 crew
flag owned an island
sunk x ships in blockades
helped capture an island
and a seperate one for the navvers.
stall sold X units of goods
Captain and Sailmaster of Ice
check out these idea's
events hall
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=172002
player owned outposts
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=2397343#239734
1v
[Nov 13, 2011 10:04:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

I don't understand why flotilla related trophies haven't been added in yet. It would make flotillas a tad easier to load, and would be easy to code in.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Nov 13, 2011 4:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ChainLinks

There are quite a number of Atlantis trophies already, but I think that there should be more to go along with Bellator's Bane.

It just seems like it shouldn't be all on it's own like that, and it's quite easy to get all by itself. 10 winning frays just screams "first-step trophy", something along the lines of Astral Anchor or Silver Crab.

If someone has the Golden Gorgonyx or Archelon, they're clearly a very experienced Atlantis-goer, most likely a bnavver or CO. If someone has a Golden Citadel, they are obviously very experienced in regards to citadel runs. Unfortunately, there is no such "big prize" for a dedicated defender. I have Bellator's Bane, and I'm a terrible swordfighter who's never asked to help defend. Trophy-wise, there's nothing distinguishing me from an experienced MAA, and I think that's a little odd.

Since there are a great number of frays throughout the typical SMH, I'm thinking very high numbers for the later trophies. Not certain of how many trophies total, perhaps just 3 or 4 including BB. Perhaps they could look similar to Bellator's Bane, but with the helmets of higher "ranked" dragoons and increasingly fancy weaponry (Sword, Net, then Trident)?
[Nov 14, 2011 8:32:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

I don't understand why flotilla related trophies haven't been added in yet. It would make flotillas a tad easier to load, and would be easy to code in.

Agreed. Although I do not know about the coding part.

To the post above this one, I would like to see those trophy like Islands captured, X number of ships sunk and X number of your own ships sunk in blockades. But to most flags/players those would be meaningless. And I am sure 3rings will start the count at zero like it does for all trophys so I am not sure how much I would even like it.

Also what do you mean help capture a island? Does that mean someone in your crew/flag jobbed for someone who won a blockade(attack I guess) or do ye mean your flags allie captured a island and your crew/flag brought in a ship?

As to navers trophys, I guess maybe it would help show that you have some expirance rather than just going by name recognition? may help get some new navs into blockades but I doubt it.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Nov 16, 2011 1:54:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pillyforme

there should be a Trophy for being royal in the #1 flag or crew <3
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Dec 19, 2011 4:57:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DarkLeon

I would like to see a continuation of trophys that have limits. Diamond cannon having an upgrade... Not that there isn't but some trophys like kraken blood. I've counted over a 1000 for myself so.... New trophys... I guess it could be 10k but lol.

I would like to see more scaling trophys. It is somethign to shoot for. Just continue them like the stats.

Newer trophy they could do Is legendary of all duty puzzles (sails/rig only one is needed bilge carp guns dnav and bnav) everything on a ship bnav and dnav could be combined

Legendary is hard enough to obatain in every puzzle and takes a skilled puzzler to do so. Not as hard as all ulty's though sometimes someone just can't wrap their heads around certain puzzle's guns and carp seem to be the main 2
It's not about the skill but about the want of working hard.
DarkLeon of Sage

Former First Mate of Yellow Turbans
[Jan 30, 2012 12:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Moving a few posts about a trophy suggestion to this thread...

bobbobbob99 wrote: 
here is a trophie idea for Atlantis- The Bellator Bane which is rewarded for 5 SF wins ( 1vs1 and frays count) i personally think they should farther this, say we get another for 50? and another for 100? or some number that could be agreed apon.

darkseid wrote: 
I'd be alright with this if it was 5, 500, 5000. 50 really isn't many... like at all. if I'm the MAA on a cit run I can probably run up to around 20ish I'd say, now I know you're not a MAA but you'll find everyone will have 100 really quickly and there will be literally NO prestige for getting such a trophy

bobbobbob99 wrote: 
funny how i run a cit run preety much everyday, i was just making up numbers there mate. not what i would want it either. just simply stating an example

[Feb 18, 2012 5:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Metalscythe

Why not go back a bit simpler?

You could have # of Masterpieces (Cumulated)

30 Masterpieces
150 Masterpeices
500 Masterpieces
1500 Masterpieces

You could have the number of #x# in Bilge (Cumulated)

30 #x#s
300 #x#s
1500 #x#s
7500 #x#s

You could have the number of combos (Triple or higher) in Sailing (Cumulated)

5 combos
50 combos
250 combos
1000 combos

You could have the number of special pieces (Excluding wildcard) in Rigging (Cumulated)

15 Specials
100 Specials
750 Specials
2000 Specials

You can always change these numbers.

I hope people's ideas actually get considered for addition into PP
You bot-users disgust me!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Metalscythe at Feb 20, 2012 8:09:59 AM]
[Feb 20, 2012 8:08:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dameonman

I Think that there should be a Trophy For a Successful MAA in Atlantis, Haunted Seas, And Cursed Isles What do you guys think?
[Feb 27, 2012 12:06:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

How do you suggest that a successful Master-At-Arms be defined for the purposes of awarding that trophy?
[Feb 27, 2012 6:49:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Dameonman

Winning Every Fray At a Minimum of say like 5 or so....
[Feb 28, 2012 12:28:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kelvin_des

I think there should be a trophy for 5 frenetics in a row during the CI raid :D
is that a possibility?
not sure what it'd be called though ><
Kelvinchi of Meridian

[Mar 23, 2012 11:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trogo1

is that a possibility?

Frenzied Frenetic Forager. But would the count overlap into second/third entries or other CI runs?
Trogo on Viridian.
[Mar 24, 2012 12:40:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rayi666

is that a possibility?

Frenzied Frenetic Forager. But would the count overlap into second/third entries or other CI runs?

Good idea one. what i need that :D
Soulcrash on Meridian & Emerald ocean
[May 7, 2012 6:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

A series of trophies for:

Capturing points in blockade, while an enemy ship of equal or larger influence is within your influence. Awarded to pirate who has the helm, starting at 500.

A group of trophies on the theme of barfly, fencer and scrapper, but for various bnav challenge missions. And the missions to accompany them.
(full proposal here - near bottom of main post)

Summary of the missions

SMH mission: sink x number of y difficulty, z type monsters (available for frigate and brig)
Cit Run: to cit and back, with x monsters in the way (WB)
CI: Island and back, x ships in the way (sloop)
Flotilla: Sink x treasure ships with y warships present (WF,WB)
Pillage: Battle Brigands w/Navy mission with fixed difficulties (sloop, WB, WF)

Game Design: A place to hide all your posts from OOO employees.
[May 17, 2012 4:23:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyand

I noticed that we can earn a new trophy for buying dubs with real money at every Limited Edition color promotion, but there is not trophy for the Gold Boxes one. I think it is a good idea if we can get a trophy for opening (or buying) gold boxes. One trophy at 1st box, another at 10th and then at 100th box. In this way maybe more people will try to buy them for the trophy, especially those who are collecting trophies. Same thing could apply for the black boxes.
[Jun 1, 2012 5:22:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

I'd like to bring up trophies for flotillas again.

Every type of expedition seems to have their own set of trophies now, in fact it seems to be half the draw of people doing them in the first place.

Flotillas are sure going to be easier to fill if they had their own trophies, maybe even different trophies for different BK sink amounts. Just a suggestion.
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jun 2, 2012 3:15:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Seeing as I'm a massive portrait strumpet, I think it would be cool to have a trophy after each hundred, or fifty maybe, solo portraits taken.
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Jun 2, 2012 8:20:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hazelsworn

Heavily endorsed trophy for portraits after the Daffodil.

Also, trophies for getting consecutive Frenetics and trophies for having everyone on your ship get a Frenetic please? <3
Coexist , Emerald
Me on YouTube!

[Jun 11, 2012 9:22:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jblanch

I think being the last one to be defeated in a skellie/zombie battle would be a cool trophy
[Jun 11, 2012 10:05:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates