• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1393
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 321740 times and has 1392 replies Next Thread
Skeleton0123

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Oh my, just checked Yppedia to be sure and it's random indeed :( Somebody told me a very wrong thing then back when I was a nubby pirate D:

I still think for the carp MP one.. isn't it too closely linked to the standing of a person? If you fill a lot of MP's at little exp you'll have a higher rank then if you dont fill a lot. Compared to guns or crabs though, this is a lot less related to it. (or even not at all for crabs)
----------------------------------------
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Aug 30, 2010 6:46:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
TBPOTN7

Oh my, just checked Yppedia to be sure and it's random indeed :( Somebody told me a very wrong thing then back when I was a nubby pirate D:

I still think for the carp MP one.. isn't it too closely linked to the standing of a person? If you fill a lot of MP's at little exp you'll have a higher rank then if you dont fill a lot. Compared to guns or crabs though, this is a lot less related to it. (or even not at all for crabs)

The better you are at guns, the more guns you fill per minute, the faster you get the trophy. The better you are at bilge, the more pieces you clear, the bigger the chances of crabs appearing, the more crabs you're clearing per minute. You also don't spawn crabs at the very beginning, while MPs anyone can get. The better you are at carp, the more masterpieces you make, (not necessarily faster). It's all related, not everyone gets golden cannon at expert experience, some take longer, some maybe even faster.
[Aug 30, 2010 7:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hrengito

Re: familiar tourney trophy Reply to this Post

i think there should be trophy's for winning a fam tournament.

Don't ye get a trinket-medal with it, like in the puzzle-fam competitions? Oh yeah, guess not.

I don't know if autoinscription of such works in carousing tournaments.
Hrengito on all oceans, primarily Sage. Memmed: Sage(356/356).Viridian sea(25/282).
Best solo recorded 2-stop 50L time: 60m. In opposition to aftcastles for sloops everywhere.
[Aug 30, 2010 10:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Mm what about a flotilla ship sinks trophey? But then generally for any kind of ship? (Or perhaps for green/red ones a separate trophey)

Would be fun :D
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Sep 2, 2010 6:28:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Empires2

I honestly don't know if this has been suggested because I don't have the time to look through hundreds of posts, but I think trophies for Brigand king sightings would be cool

like a 'brigand bracelet' trophy on your first bk expedition win
another at 5 wins
etc.

I also just realized (:P) that there is no trophy foryourfirst entry in a CI. There should be one, maybe called the Vile Voyager or Cursed Crusader

Feel free to make any comments
Limelight on Viridian and Crimson
Empires on Hunter
Limelightvir on Sage

Cronus shouts, "Hey to Limelight!"
[Sep 8, 2010 7:39:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I honestly don't know if this has been suggested because I don't have the time to look through hundreds of posts, but I think trophies for Brigand king sightings would be cool

like a 'brigand bracelet' trophy on your first bk expedition win
another at 5 wins
etc.

IHETSAOP

Also....

It was mentioned by the devs (I can't find the link, undoubtedly someone with search-fu will find and post the link) that they would be implementing multi-incredible trophies, and hinted at trophies for puzzle standings lower than Ultimate. I would like to know when/if this is actually being done! Yeah, I know. There is a List, and I also appreciate all the new developments coming out. The devs are awesome. But I'd love to have my deserved 9 Legendary and 10 Grand-Master trophies, rather than my pathetic 3 Ultimates.....

Also, a new suggestion. I assume that when the Ultimate Lists for puzzles are calculated, that there is some extremely complicated formula that calculates a number for each person in each puzzle. Sorting by that number would produce the Ult Lists. I would like to see some sort of inter-ocean standing trophy. Perhaps take the top 100, or even top 50 pirates, regardless of their ocean, and award them the "Ultimate Inter-Ocean <puzzle>r". It's a thought.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Oct 4, 2010 11:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Harshex

Dunno if this idea has been thought up or not...

For those few of us who just literally cannot get an injury, I think there possibly should be a trophy for if you can go those 100 sinks without a single injury.

The Indestructible or something xD
ExuberanceSalacious of Meridian & Obsidian
Severe of Emerald

Derp.
[Oct 8, 2010 9:01:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

For those few of us who just literally cannot get an injury, I think there possibly should be a trophy for if you can go those 100 sinks without a single injury.

Yeah, I second that. On Midnight I gave up counting at 250 sinks with no injury. I have injuries on any ocean, but my Midnight sink total is crazy.
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Oct 8, 2010 10:52:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freaks87

Yeah, I second that. On Midnight I gave up counting at 250 sinks with no injury. I have injuries on any ocean, but my Midnight sink total is crazy.

I love that idea and that like some others it is down to luck. Idk how many sinks I am on atm, it isnt massive but it sure feels like a lot without an injury
[Oct 8, 2010 1:32:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skrufymunky

I think there should be trophies for sinking 100 times in certain things. Not just overall.

Sinking in a CI
Sinking in an SMH
Sinking in Blockade
Sinking in HS
And lastly, sinking your own ship 100 times.

Just a thought
Skrufymunky of Sage
Senior Officer of Midnite Devils
Titled Member of Royal Army

I'm a Devil, and I'm proud of it.

Public Statement of Rising Darkness [quote]"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in
[Oct 17, 2010 6:48:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HipGnosis6

My suggestion:
Trophy for becoming a greeter?

There used to be one. I heartily endorse adding or reactivating such a thing, as there are a whole lot of new pirates without a clue and very little motivation to run greeter pillies or log in for /duty.

Apologies for being so pedantic as to quote my own post.... but I would definitely like to see trophies for hours logged in as a greeter and also for running greeter pillies.
Toody on Hunter (and occasionally Veridian)
SO of Queen's Realm
Princess of The Swarm

Awesome avi by Deathmessage :D

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist trims his sails." -- Will
[Oct 17, 2010 7:44:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rkcallaghan

I'd like to see a trophy that looks like a donkey for winning a poker hand with 72o :)
[Oct 18, 2010 3:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mineowyn

I would like to see a trophy for beating Bellator in one-on-one combat. As you know, Bellator is quite difficult to defeat personally. It would provide an incentive to win these personal challenges instead of waiting to defeat the goons together with the rest of the volunteers.
Olwyn of Sage

Fleet Officer in The Titans
[Nov 1, 2010 8:56:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
makalintal

I've always wanted to see more trophies for Poker.

We have the JADE MONKEY (20k-200k)

Why not for the low stakes?

Say,

150K trophy for the 2000-20000
20K trophy for 200-2000
2K trophy for 20-200

Etc, etc, etc.

Just sayin'

=D

(Too lazy to read other posts, tl;dr)

EDITS: Grammar.
°ßonifacio- Born in Sage°
[Edit 3 times, last edit by makalintal at Nov 2, 2010 12:17:15 AM]
[Nov 2, 2010 12:14:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/myprofile [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

Not so much an idea for a new trophy, but a new way to earn trophies.

The palace shop to sell inactive trophies.

Any trophy which can no longer be earnt would be available to buy through the palace shop (inactive, so trophies like ults/incred/etc would not be included in this)

all the old seals, meet-ups and competition trophies can be put to use, you can even use this to make trophies more desireable by making them worth some poe.

E.G. the current halloween compeition has 4 trophies, all of which look equally good, there is no real incentive to come 1st. but how if afterwards they were priced 1st-500k 2nd-300k 3rd-200k 4th-50k
For trophy collectors thats a huge incentive to come 1st rather than 4th. similairly people would be more likely to go out of their way to earn the seals if it was to complete a collection.

At the moment there is no way to have a "collection" of trophies for most catagories especially if you happen to not play the game for a month or more since August 2009
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Nov 3, 2010 11:50:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

I am a fanatic of Imperial Outposts on Sage... ask anyone ;) and frankly, I want to see one more trophy past the Colonel. This is my only interest but I suppose in the interest of fairness to the other expeditions, the next reef raider and mermaid figurehead thing... I'd let someone else think about the name of the latter but the Imperial General Insignia is certainly in order. Cheers :)
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[Nov 8, 2010 1:46:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

It is entirely possible these already exist, though. :P The number of expeditions necessary to get them would be quite high, though.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Nov 8, 2010 7:26:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Sebby_44

25 wins for silver citadel trophy
[Nov 28, 2010 12:58:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sigmar4

k. got one idea:
it have no name yet, but let's call that :silent hunter (:PP)
you will get that, if you wont say (write in chat) single thing for 24 (12?) hours of gameplay!

im sure i wont get it, but i wish that few ppl i knwo try to reach it.. >.>
Sigmar on Hunter
[Dec 1, 2010 9:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xyphon

100 battles at sea
100,000 kg of goods pillaged
Xynic
Midnight

[Dec 12, 2010 4:45:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tradereddy

More than ever though, we need a way to HIDE trophies, so if we have a trophy we don't want to display, or we think it clutters room, have a way to hide them.

Anyways, I think we should bring back Pink Heart but only for greeters, so once you become a greeter you get, so it no longer becomes this weird mysterious and super rare trophy.
BloodyEddy on Viridian
[Dec 20, 2010 1:25:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.tradereddy.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
aiiaii22

didnt read rest of thread simply too long, probably been suggested before but something for flotillas for example:
-amount of ships sunk (in total including reds + greens)
-amount of MGs/MBs sunk
-Possibly something to do with amount of poe hauled
sxcpirateaii on hunter and viridan and sage :P

Gunnermooch said: The more I read Hunter Parley the more I am convinced the Special Bus drove straight into it.
[Dec 21, 2010 5:44:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amptitide

We need crew trophies. They would encourage crews to work together and increase social interaction.

#1 Crew
Top Ten Crew
Illustrious Crew

#1 Explorer Crew
Top Ten Explorer Crew
Illustrious Explorer Crew

etc.

and also trophies for crews with a #1 pirate in a puzzle, and for total amount of PoE pillaged, PvP / Brigand wins, etc.
Merrkat on the Meridian MALACHITE Ocean
-
Cognac says, "selling tan pirate"
Cognac says, "carrot**"
Cognac says, "parrot i mean..."
[Dec 23, 2010 12:44:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://jerl.im [Link]  Go to top 
tradereddy

We need crew trophies. They would encourage crews to work together and increase social interaction.

#1 Crew
Top Ten Crew
Illustrious Crew

#1 Explorer Crew
Top Ten Explorer Crew
Illustrious Explorer Crew

etc.

and also trophies for crews with a #1 pirate in a puzzle, and for total amount of PoE pillaged, PvP / Brigand wins, etc.

I still think there are too many trophies, I mean look at all the broads, expert. #1s, Ult's, Increds, we need a way to hide some of these or pick which one's should be displayed.
BloodyEddy on Viridian
[Dec 23, 2010 12:50:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.tradereddy.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
captin_admin

We need flotilla trophy's, Juss sayin'.
Sharkbate
[Jan 7, 2011 3:10:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hyre

Hello all, I have a suggestion about pets and trophies for them.

If you have a pet, then you get a trophy on that specific pet, but it can only be awarded if you have bought the pet from the Palace Shoppe. This could then be a collection, you could get a Dog, Cat, Sheep, Pig, Elephant etc. I think it is a good idea. :D
Oe on Viridian Ocean.
Cosmik on Hunter Ocean.
What on Malachite Ocean.
(Pirate) says. "what is sloop?"
[Jan 12, 2011 12:41:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

....but it can only be awarded if you have bought the pet from the Palace Shoppe

IF there were trophies for pets, what about those pets that are awarded in the monthly (or not always, since December was missing) gift boxes, or the Black boxes, or the Ghost Pets in the Haunted Seas, Karkinos in Atlantis....? Should they be discriminated against?

And since we have the pets, why would we need trophies? Just to show we were silly enough to spend 150k and 150 dubs on a pony?
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Jan 12, 2011 6:28:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Hyre

And since we have the pets, why would we need trophies? Just to show we were silly enough to spend 150k and 150 dubs on a pony?

Yes, that exactly, lol. It just shows that you love pets or something, or are willing to spend that much on just a pet. And as for the other pets.. If you get rewarded them from the trip, or the black box, then yes, you get the trophy.
Oe on Viridian Ocean.
Cosmik on Hunter Ocean.
What on Malachite Ocean.
(Pirate) says. "what is sloop?"
[Jan 13, 2011 12:53:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julaxis

I personally could go for a trophy for military personel in our YPP world. Make it look like dog tags. ^_^
Formerly Julaxis of the Viridian and Malachite Oceans
[Jan 19, 2011 10:10:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

I personally could go for a trophy for military personel in our YPP world. Make it look like dog tags. ^_^

Nice idea, but how would OOO be able to verify someone's claim that they have served in the military? It seems like it would add a lot of work for them, especially because, sad as it is, you know lots of people will lie just to get the trophy.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Jan 20, 2011 8:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates