• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 323250 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
beanslap

Re: Flag/Crew trophies Reply to this Post

Personally, I think introducing too many scrappy trophies into the game is a bad idea... e.g. i wasnt a fan of the broad, expert and sublime trophies.

However, I do like the idea of Renowned or Master Trophies in the style of Ultimate trophies.
Gives lesser or "non-elite" players a niceer goal and a trophy/reward at the end of it.
----------------------------------------
Beanslap
Inn Lover & Nub.
Nub of Invicta and Ex-Nub Of BTV

I shared an insane experience with Gholiath, several tigers and some elephants.
[Jun 15, 2010 11:09:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Personally, I think introducing too many scrappy trophies into the game is a bad idea... e.g. i wasnt a fan of the broad, expert and sublime trophies.

However, I do like the idea of Renowned or Master Trophies in the style of Ultimate trophies.
Gives lesser or "non-elite" players a niceer goal and a trophy/reward at the end of it.

It has been proposed so many times already, and yet OOO seems to just ignore our call for those trophies. They even made more experience ones for the new ranks >> It is indeed a lot more plausible to create rank kind of trophies, since getting renowned or something requires skill. Getting broad, expert or sublime is something a monkey can do. Literally, teach him how to click or move a cursor every few mins and you're set for a trophy :D
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Jun 15, 2010 11:37:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Robeyert

We need a series of the frenetic trophy. when i job for ci's i like to look for a frenetic trophy. however, it only requires one frenetic to get it. Which we need trophies that are given for.. say 10 frenetics, 25, 50... so on. Like the skelly/zombie fray trophies. This way, you can look for people with the multiple frenetic trophies, who supposedly get consistent frenetics. It's annoying to have to assume that jobbers are good because they have a frenetic trophy, when they actually lucked it and get consistent brisks.. :S
Just my thoughts
Robey
[Jun 17, 2010 9:29:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jueves1

what about trophies for incredible rumbler, SF, Tdroper and Drinker? How to get them? Beat a ultimate....
Camioneta en Jade.
Frozendemon en Sage.

GAME OVER
[Jun 23, 2010 4:51:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

what about trophies for incredible rumbler, SF, Tdroper and Drinker? How to get them? Beat a ultimate....

This would not go along well with the original idea behind Incredible I think. For non-pvp puzzles you need to score Incredibles to gain Ultimate in rank. In pvp fights that need is not there. You can perfectly gain Ultimate by beating Grand-Master and Legendary.
[Jun 23, 2010 5:54:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

it would be nice to get a trophy if you reach an amount of money

for example if you have 10 mil or more you get a diamont trophy

Too easy to fake

Would a trophy for Poe earned from pillaging work?
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jun 24, 2010 6:03:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Only if the PoE you get directly after a fight counts. Else you can just add PoE before divvy of a pillage and fake it again :P

Could be a good idea. "Pillage-Obsessed!" - Trophy
[Jun 24, 2010 6:11:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Squareknot99

i'm sure its been said but there needs to be a trophy for completing masterpieces in carp, just like bilge has one for number of crabs cleared, like a silver hammer for 100 masterpieces, ect. i think its unfair that bilge has one and gunning has one but carp doesn't.... and sailing too i guess to make it fair, but i dont care about sailing xD
[Jun 27, 2010 7:23:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mottom2

i'm sure its been said but there needs to be a trophy for completing masterpieces in carp, just like bilge has one for number of crabs cleared, like a silver hammer for 100 masterpieces, ect. i think its unfair that bilge has one and gunning has one but carp doesn't.... and sailing too i guess to make it fair, but i dont care about sailing xD

Leading on from this, I think there should be trophies given in carp for say the number of masterpieces in a row, ie: Bronze carper/hammer =5masterpieces in a row, Silver=10, gold=15 and dimond=20.
Mottom on midnight
[Jun 29, 2010 6:26:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Destinycalls

I agree with the above.

ALSO, I think there needs to be more pillying trophies. Give people more reason to go pilly!
~Destinycalls of Hunter Ocean

No i can haz well grammar.

[Jun 29, 2010 10:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

We need a series of the frenetic trophy. when i job for ci's i like to look for a frenetic trophy. however, it only requires one frenetic to get it. Which we need trophies that are given for.. say 10 frenetics, 25, 50... so on. Like the skelly/zombie fray trophies. This way, you can look for people with the multiple frenetic trophies, who supposedly get consistent frenetics. It's annoying to have to assume that jobbers are good because they have a frenetic trophy, when they actually lucked it and get consistent brisks.. :S
Just my thoughts

QFT + endorse. Yay for hiring three "Frenetics" that pulled off brisks and steadies the whole time!
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 30, 2010 12:09:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Monthly Seal Reply to this Post

It would be nice if the "seal of the month" trophies had some leveling, specifically the season and year ones.

I was trying to get one each month, however after hours of trying to get to a BK expedition, I never did (saw them plenty of times but their ship always ported before we got there.) Now, not only do I miss the June seal but also the summer and the 2010 ones as well.

One possibility is that the year seals could have a gold border for getting all 12 but maybe a silver for getting at least 9 and a bronze for getting 6 or maybe the design would be just a little bit different. Getting all 12 is quite an accomplishment, but so is getting 10 or 11 - they can be tough.
Pletoo of Sage
[Jul 1, 2010 3:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

QFT + endorse. Yay for hiring three "Frenetics" that pulled off brisks and steadies the whole time!

Now that I think of it.. this may not solve your problem. Somebody can get 10 frens in 2 Ci's while another takes 10 Ci's to do so. You can't tell how many Ci's the person has been on to reach his "x Frens" trophy.

I think a separate rank for Ci Foraging would be more appropriate if you wish to fix the problem with hiring people that can't do frens while having the trophy.
[Jul 2, 2010 4:08:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

I want to see Flotilla Trophies! Maybe x amount of sinks for the green ships and x amount of sinks for the red ships. Could be two separate types of trophies. Sort of like how SMH trike/gorg/arch trophies are set up.
Ambur
Hunter and Viridian Ocean
Banned on 9-29-11
[Jul 14, 2010 10:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Recently I have been scanning the trophy pages of pirates with what I call "numeric trophies" or trophies baed on number of clears/loads etc. (clearing crabs, loading cannons), which get the Silver/Gold/Bejewelled/Diamond trophies in Guns and Bilge. Even treasure haul counts up boxes hauled. But what about Carpentry? I see so many Illustrious experience-stats in carpentry, but most only have Ultimate or #1 or Incredible to show. So I propose a new trophy for carpentry: The Hammer(s) (and Nail) trophies. By this I mean the trophy could be called Hammer and Nail or just Hammer, e.g.

You have received the Silver Hammer trophy!
or
You have received the Silver Hammer and Nail trophy!

This would be based on the amount of masterpieces made while filling holes in carpentry, along the lines of:

Wooden Hammer (optional) (and Nail) 50 Masterpieces (?)
Bronze Hammer (optional) (and Nail) 100 Masterpieces (?)
Silver Hammer (and Nail) 500 Masterpieces (?)
Golden Hammer (and Nail) 1000 Masterpieces (?)
Bejewelled Hammer (and Nail) ? Masterpieces
Diamond Hammer (and Nail) ? Masterpieces

So, with that said, please reply with thoughts, ideas, and constructive criticism.
"Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock." - Will Rogers.

Gamgee on the Hunter ocean
Captain of the crew Bad to the Bone
member of the flag fAThOm tHiS
[Jul 22, 2010 8:12:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

I like it, but there's a difference with Gunning and Bilging though. Those don't rely on your skill, since filling guns and clearing crabs is just part of the gunning/bilging process. Filling a hole as a masterpiece does require skill though. (which is not necessarily a bad thing of course)

I have no idea about the numbers you should put on them. For a low-skilled player it can be too hard to reach a certain amount of MP's, for a high skilled player it can be too easy to reach it. Accurate balancing would be required. (and some input from ultimate carpenters about how many MP's they can fill on average for a certain amount of time)
[Jul 23, 2010 12:17:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
minigun_123

50 000 folds in poker ? maybe 100k ?
[Jul 23, 2010 6:40:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qwpzxjor1

I like it, but there's a difference with Gunning and Bilging though. Those don't rely on your skill, since filling guns and clearing crabs is just part of the gunning/bilging process. Filling a hole as a masterpiece does require skill though. (which is not necessarily a bad thing of course)

I agree. The carping equivalient of crab clears would be 'fills with putty'.
Whitewyvern wrote: 
For every American who mispells "Favour" and "Colour", there is a textspeak child abusing the letter U to balance things out.

[Jul 23, 2010 7:34:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Again that's a no. If you know how to carp, then you know that you score a bucket thing by filling a hole while making sure the nerves (or however you call it) of the wood are aligned in the same direction. This again relies on skill.
[Jul 23, 2010 8:17:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
follow22

What about instead of the amount of masterpieces you get, the most masterpieces in row you have gotten. Getting masterpieces is really not that hard, but how many you can get in a row definately proves your skill.
Supergreg on the Midnight Ocean
[Jul 23, 2010 12:08:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

What about instead of the amount of masterpieces you get, the most masterpieces in row you have gotten. Getting masterpieces is really not that hard, but how many you can get in a row definately proves your skill.

I don't think it's an amazing trophy for MP 17 or so? It would just be similar to getting a vegas in sails or so? :P
[Jul 23, 2010 12:26:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 

Ah, Ambur's idea sounds good. Sinking trophies, yes indeed! One could be awarded trophies based on the amount of sinks they personally have commanded in battle-navigation (another under-trophied puzzle). I disagree that it would have to be flotillas only. Perhaps pvp sinks in a Flag vs. Flag war setting? Something like:

Vessel Sinker (1)
Vessel Crusher (20) (?)
Vessel Destroyer (50) (?)
Vessel Demolisher (200+) (?)

This could also add to conqueror fame, and maybe some cool personal glory (what great captain or admiral back in the days wasn't heard of for how many ships he/she had sent to the depths?).

Sounds cool to me, thanks Ambur for the idea.
Reply with constructive criticism, thoughts and ideas please.

P.S. On the carpentry subject - maybe someone could offer a better idea for a numeric trophy?
"Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock." - Will Rogers.

Gamgee on the Hunter ocean
Captain of the crew Bad to the Bone
member of the flag fAThOm tHiS
[Jul 23, 2010 6:57:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blades_Zues

I think there should be trophies for crews and flags. Like when a a flag gets #1 Magnate reputation theres a trophy for that, or when they reach eminent and illustrious, reach 100 members, etc.

That would be really cool..
"A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip." - Caskie Stinnett

Acolyte on Hunter ocean.
Retired.
[Aug 6, 2010 11:45:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Yea but.. where would you put those? :P as for now a Crew/Flag doesn't have a trophy page

The x members one can be faked btw, so that one won't work, others could work though
[Aug 7, 2010 12:42:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

SMH trophies Reply to this Post

I remember a previous post in this thread (buried back somewhere) that some other trophy should be awarded to ppl who score frenetic foraging more than once. I think this is still a great idea as a common issue I get on my CIs are:

Jobber tells ye, "Dude I have a fren forage trophy, I can forage GREAT!"

So I hire and the pirate forages miserably. Yes, somedays my GM forage standing is worthless on some CIs. But the point is that scoring one frenetic forage doesn't make you a consistent one.

Compared to Atlantis trophies (so far 18 that can be awarded), CI is lacking a lot of trophies (only 10). Since Haunted Seas trophies are already looking like Atlantis trophies in awards, can we get a lil' more CI love?

Atlantis awards various number of sea monsters sunk, citadel wins, and chests hauled. I think CI should have more trophies for number of winning frays, foraged goods, and frenetic foraging. Of course I'd love to see a "Vargas' Nemesis" trophy after I've kicked Vargas' arse 100 times over.
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Edit 2 times, last edit by MadMe at Aug 18, 2010 1:19:31 PM]
[Aug 18, 2010 1:17:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clanwars

familiar tourney trophy Reply to this Post

i think there should be trophy's for winning a fam tournament.

there is nothing special about being able to buy a familiar but there is about winning one in a familiar tournament.
so to exclude the pirates that buy them from the pirates who actually have the skill to win them make trophy's

maybe even different trophy's for different kinds of fams pirates win or different kinds of puzzles they win them in.

but ofcourse there are also fams you get from a gift or smh/ci so maybe a ''special'' trophy for that.
sobektus del onorevoletus.

if pirates were russian, would we all be drinking wodka insted of rum?

when life gives you lemons, make apple juice.

there is a thin line between bravery and stupidity, we call that line''sobek''
[Aug 27, 2010 12:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freaks87

Re: SMH trophies Reply to this Post

I remember a previous post in this thread (buried back somewhere) that some other trophy should be awarded to ppl who score frenetic foraging more than once. I think this is still a great idea as a common issue I get on my CIs are:

Jobber tells ye, "Dude I have a fren forage trophy, I can forage GREAT!"

So I hire and the pirate forages miserably. Yes, somedays my GM forage standing is worthless on some CIs. But the point is that scoring one frenetic forage doesn't make you a consistent one.

I think this would be really good. It can determine the diffrenct between people who got it from luck or are actually skillfull.

Of course I'd love to see a "Vargas' Nemesis" trophy after I've kicked Vargas' arse 100 times over.

Yes!

i think there should be trophy's for winning a fam tournament.

Personally I dont feel this is needed. A fam is reward enough.
[Aug 27, 2010 12:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

How about a trophy that shows how much Frenetics a player has gotten. This would not only make CI trips more effective, it would also give the Naver an idea of the overall foraging skills the player has.

I'm not talking about a trophy showing of a number. For example the Frenetic trophy we have now has somesort of a stone edge to it, what if there would be multiple amounts of these Frenetic trophies? A bronze edged Frenetic trophy, a silver edged Frenetic trophy, a gold edged frenetic trophy, heck! even a Diamond one...

This would rly help the CI naver to seperate those who get Frenetics once every year.. or those who get nothing but frenetics.. It would also be very helpfull for players who don't do the rated foraging and have a Novice/able standing to get jobbed based on for example a silver edged frenetic trophy! It would make allot of CI addicts happy : )

Some might find this to elitish.. but face it CI's are made for elites.
Nowan wants a so called Frenetic forager who gets asleeps all the time! CI's are all about chests! The more the better.. so the better CI foragers the more Chests : )

Edit: Sorry if this has already been suggested, but iv had a word about this with an exsperienced CI'er and I thought this was wourth more than mentioning! *crosses fingers*
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 2NDSKY at Aug 30, 2010 2:35:15 AM]
[Aug 30, 2010 2:30:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Edit: Sorry if this has already been suggested, but iv had a word about this with an exsperienced CI'er and I thought this was wourth more than mentioning! *crosses fingers*

It's been suggested before in the post right above yours and in numerous posts before that one.

But yeh, it would be a very useful trophy.. a lot of people want it, not a lot of Devs seem to listen though.
[Aug 30, 2010 5:40:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
TBPOTN7

Again that's a no. If you know how to carp, then you know that you score a bucket thing by filling a hole while making sure the nerves (or however you call it) of the wood are aligned in the same direction. This again relies on skill.

It could be me, but are you saying you get a bucket for getting a grain bonus? I think this is not true and buckets are random pieces. (Have sublime carp and never found a relation to anything with buckets) As far as carp trophies, please some for masterpieces.. Just following the guns ones would be fine (number-wise). Yes, it requires skill, but we have enough trophies that anyone can get and enough trophies that are gameable. More carps love plox.
[Aug 30, 2010 6:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates