• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 341428 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
schnivelbiv

Tasty Brew! Reply to this Post

I love distilling and to that end I want to see a trophy for finishing a game of distilling without sending up ANY white balls. That is to say sending up 12 rows full of only spice, brown, black, and burnt balls! I think this is much much harder than it sounds. Please oh please can I have this trophy!? Boots of bilge are easy. You need to really know what you are doing to mess distilling up this badly. :D

Call it the "Unsavory Brew" or "Poisoned Brew".

Give it a try, this condition is hard to do and shows a good amount of skill in distilling. :)
----------------------------------------
Blah, blah, distilling, blah, blah.
[Jan 19, 2010 11:25:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rhandom

Grandpa, what is that medal for? Reply to this Post

I don't think this one has been covered yet:

Trophies for flags and crews. I.E. The flag or crew itself gets a trophy for a significant event or accomplishment much like individual pirates do. The point of this is to provide nice but not gameplay effecting rewards for group efforts, encourage activities that are beneficial to the game, and provide levers for getting new players interested in crew and flag activities.

Certain of these trophies would cascade down. Cascaded trophies would note the flag or crew they cascaded from.

Cascaded trophies would have their own boxes below the pirate trophies on the pirate info page. Crews would have Crew and "cascaded flag" trophy displays. Flags are top dog and only have their own.

Example:
Blue Flag blockades (as their first blockade) Alpha and wins.
Blue Flag gains "Blockade Alpha II" for an island control blockade, "Control of Alpha" for what it says, "Blockade Victory", and "Blockade Participant".

The "Blockade Alpha II" is a "campaign trophy", and would be given to all participating flags, with cascading down to both participating crews and members. Jobbers from flags that did not participate directly would not get the trophy, since mercenaries don't get medals.

"Blockade Victory" would cascade down the same way, of course only applying to flags and their members on the winning side.
"Blockade Participant" would be awardable directly to participating crews (including independents) and jobbers.

"Control of Alpha" would not cascade, but would remain with the flag even if they should lose the island later.

Other obvious sources for flag trophies are PvP sinks, fame, and reputation.
Other obvious sources for crew trophies are any of the sea battle activities.

Ideas?
Hahvahd on Cerulean, Rhandy everywhere.

Once the pin is removed, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend.
[Jan 21, 2010 1:06:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Re: Grandpa, what is that medal for? Reply to this Post

We have trophies for getting maneuver tokens, but how about one for getting the specifically requested token?

(For example, getting the thrall token in CI, especially since that can be pretty vital to the trip and yet it often comes at the price of performance.)
Pletoo of Sage
[Jan 21, 2010 9:17:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clanwars

I don't think this one has been covered yet:

Trophies for flags and crews. I.E. The flag or crew itself gets a trophy for a significant event or accomplishment much like individual pirates do.

you know whats funny, i was just about to post something for crew trophy´s and you beat me to it. my idea´s were for trophy´s:

1 having done an x amount of battles and one for having won an x amount of battle's.

2 having reached , eminent, illustious fame

3 reached rumored, renowned, illustrious reputation.

4 made an x amount of CI runs and SMH runs, also one for succesfull runs.

thats what i got sofar
sobektus del onorevoletus.

if pirates were russian, would we all be drinking wodka insted of rum?

when life gives you lemons, make apple juice.

there is a thin line between bravery and stupidity, we call that line''sobek''
[Jan 23, 2010 3:44:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LisaKayeLA

Have a trophy for each of the #1's for the new Reputation stats been discussed?
Cpt - Debauchery at Sea
Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obisidian
Always just a text away.

*NOTE: All comments, opinions and observations are strictly my own and do not reflect those of my flag unless I'm queen.
[Jan 26, 2010 2:51:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Trinkets suggestions thread Reply to this Post

Yes
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Jan 26, 2010 6:53:35 PM]
[Jan 26, 2010 6:46:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Iszaforum

We have trophies for getting maneuver tokens, but how about one for getting the specifically requested token?

(For example, getting the thrall token in CI, especially since that can be pretty vital to the trip and yet it often comes at the price of performance.)

I second this... right now token trophies are only received for blockades... can we have a CI token trophy (like "thrall tamer" or something) or an Atlantis token trophy.
Isza of Emerald
[Jan 27, 2010 8:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freezerjumps

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

I'm assuming this has been discussed earlier, but why not remove redundant trophies? For example, removing the trophies for ultimate hearts, spades, poker, TD, drinking when the ultimate carouser is awarded, removing broad trophies when expert trophies are awarded, etc.

It seems like we should try to make trophies pages more succinct, as theyre getting to be quite huge. I know people like to show off their masses of trophies, but it really is a waste of space.
[Feb 18, 2010 10:41:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chocoholic08

Not sure if it's been mentioned but here's the idea anyway

Ultimate of Incredibles.
Basically, all it is just getting all the Incredibles.
LALALALAAAAAAAAAAA!

Don't let 'em get you down, babe.
[Feb 20, 2010 1:11:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theseaside

I think that it would be fun to have a trophy for like shop stuff:

Peg-legged labor: provide basic labor once in all crafting puzzles
Aspiring Apprentice : provide skilled labor once in all crafting puzzles
Artisan: provide expert labor once in all crafting puzzles
Theseaside on Sage
[Feb 22, 2010 7:19:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trini27

Ultimate of Incredibles.

I like this one.

My suggestion:
Trophy for becoming a greeter?
Ndm, Hunter.

Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
[Mar 3, 2010 5:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robeyert

I think we need to add a new Ci trophy. There should be different trophies for getting a certain amount of frenetics. say... 30. There could be more at different increments, i don't know. This would be helpful when jobbing to weed out the 'lucky' foragers who happen to get frenetic once. With the one frenetic, the people who constantly get frenetic get lumped in with the people who get it every once in a while. This will help elite jobbing.
Robey
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Robeyert at Apr 18, 2010 2:54:48 PM]
[Apr 18, 2010 2:50:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HipGnosis6

My suggestion:

There used to be one. I heartily endorse adding or reactivating such a thing, as there are a whole lot of new pirates without a clue and very little motivation to run greeter pillies or log in for /duty.
Toody on Hunter (and occasionally Veridian)
SO of Queen's Realm
Princess of The Swarm

Awesome avi by Deathmessage :D

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist trims his sails." -- Will
[Apr 18, 2010 5:13:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Siggy

My suggestion:

There used to be one. I heartily endorse adding or reactivating such a thing, as there are a whole lot of new pirates without a clue and very little motivation to run greeter pillies or log in for /duty.

...except that the greeter system is different now than it was then. The trophy is there only because it was a reward for the pirates who were a part of the greeter clique since not everyone with a little time in game could press the /duty button.
Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Apr 20, 2010 8:02:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

I second this... right now token trophies are only received for blockades... can we have a CI token trophy (like "thrall tamer" or something) or an Atlantis token trophy.

That's not true. I hardly ever blockade, but go on CIs all the time, and I have a few token trophies.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Apr 21, 2010 8:24:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HipGnosis6

My suggestion:

...except that the greeter system is different now than it was then. The trophy is there only because it was a reward for the pirates who were a part of the greeter clique since not everyone with a little time in game could press the /duty button.

That is less of a reason for giving it then and more of one for giving it now. Then you had to be part of a special clique, and got a figurative gold star for it. Now everybody can - but not enough people do.
Toody on Hunter (and occasionally Veridian)
SO of Queen's Realm
Princess of The Swarm

Awesome avi by Deathmessage :D

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist trims his sails." -- Will
[Apr 23, 2010 1:07:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

And a gold star is the sort of incentive that makes people bad greeters.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Apr 23, 2010 2:37:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zack7711

Now everybody can - but not enough people do.

um... what?

so basically you want to hand out a trophy to every kid who can type /duty and hand out bad information?
Dup

Cobalt Ocean
[Apr 24, 2010 2:07:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Token trophies are universal. I got the Oaken Token of Carpentry during a CI.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Apr 24, 2010 8:12:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krnasaur

My suggestion:

That is less of a reason for giving it then and more of one for giving it now. Then you had to be part of a special clique, and got a figurative gold star for it. Now everybody can - but not enough people do.

I /duty because i like the color pink other than that a trophy will just invite more lesser-pirates to become greeters, which wont help at all
Weiner/Weinz

lotsofgoats says

Weiner for president!

[Apr 25, 2010 10:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Ultimate of Incredibles.

Yeah, I posted it awhile ago.

It should still happen.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Apr 25, 2010 10:35:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jimme4

How about a trinket trophy to show how many trinkets that a person has . it would go like 100 trinkets 200 trenkets etc. hope my idea makes the cut :)
Nanjo on Sage Wooop!!
[Apr 25, 2010 4:27:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pancher

Trophy for number of masterpieces (silver hammer, golden hammer, bejewelled hammer and diamond hammer)
Trophy for number of cleared Jellyfish
Trophy for owned houses
Trophy for owned stalls
Trophy for owned ships
Pancher from Sage.
[May 15, 2010 7:14:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

Flag/Crew trophies Reply to this Post

From searching around these forums, I know that crew/flag trophies have been suggested before. However the type of trophies have been variable.

My two cents towards such trophies should be to recognize benchmark achievements for a crew and flag as well as current activities. A common question I get as a greeter is "where a good crew/flag that I can join?" It's hard to someone that this crew/flag is a good fit for their level and method of playing. Some pirates just want to pillage (no SMH/CI, and vice versa), some want to just carouse (parlour game crews), some are interested in Flots and/or cades. The current ranks of fame/reputation touch on these aspects, but it's all grouped into large categories. Also trophies are a more visual indicator, especially to newer pirates.

As a CI and elite pillage bnaver, I look at a pirate's trophy page to screen for certain type of jobbers I want aboard my ship. Thus the same reasoning could be applied when a pirate (new or old) could be crew/flag shopping. The trophies should reflect a crew/flag's ability for certain aspects of gaming:

Order of Jolly Roger: this would indicate whether the crew is old or new. This would help pirates in the aspect whether they want to join a new fresh crew/flag and be part of building it. Or join an old salt crew/flag in which they can gain experience from (relatively) older pirates.

(Monthly) Seals o piracy: Although this would involve a lot of time for developers to implement, this would be a collective goal for crew/flag. My take on personal pirate seals is that it was OOO's solution of getting pirates more active in different aspects of the game. The same could be applied for crew/flags. I don't like the idea of monthly seals... it may be too much pirating overload. So preset seals could be the start of this scheme. An example could be 10/100/500/1000 successful brig/barb battles. This would show to prospective pirates the activity of pillaging within a crew/flag and its success rate.

Cade flags: like the number of points a pirate earns on cades, a crew/flag should get recognition as well. This would indicate crew/flag activity in cades and flotillas for the prospective pirate wanting to get a lot of sinky action.

There are many other suggestions previously stated before, so I won't repeat. Of note, if these trophies (or similiar ones) were ever implemented, they would have to be retroactive. I'm not sure if that poses a problem with developers, but long existing crew/flags would deserve the shiney.
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[May 27, 2010 9:30:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Re: Flag/Crew trophies Reply to this Post

A new thread was just posted asking for monthly skill-based trophies here. While I don't think that the monthly trophies should be skill-based, I was looking over my trophy page and realized we really do need more skill-based trophies.

Right now, the only skill trophies are for the top of the top. Incredible (not too tough to get once, but still the top level), Ultimate (very difficult), and #1 (even more difficult). There needs to be something for skill that's more obtainable for a player in his first few months.

Trophies for achieving Master standing (perhaps silver versions of the Ult trophies?) would be great, since "master" is usually the cut off line for jobbers for the more difficult activities like Atlantis or CI.

Trophies for multiple incredibles (bejeweled and diamond plaques for perhaps 100 and 1000 respectively)

Furniture corresponding to those trophies that can only be purchased if you have the trophy (and is inscribed with your name) would be awesome, too. That way there is another reward to show off for doing well in puzzles.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[May 31, 2010 2:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

Trophies for achieving Master standing (perhaps silver versions of the Ult trophies?) would be great, since "master" is usually the cut off line for jobbers for the more difficult activities like Atlantis or CI.

I'd suggest Renown, since that is the cutoff for things like Expert labor, seeing skeleton missions, and the like.
[May 31, 2010 4:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I'd suggest Renown, since that is the cutoff for things like Expert labor, seeing skeleton missions, and the like.

One at distinguished, one at renowned. Yes, I know that means more trophy spam for skilled players, but for a few people, distinguished is an actual achievement.

Having the ability to hide trophies that have been upgraded would be nice, as well.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[May 31, 2010 5:41:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

I want to see some sort of trophies for defeating Brigand Kings. You already give out trinkets, why not trophies after a certain amount of kills :)
Ambur
Hunter and Viridian Ocean
Banned on 9-29-11
[May 31, 2010 5:58:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
fantasm0

it would be nice to get a trophy if you reach an amount of money

for example if you have 10 mil or more you get a diamont trophy
dmon on malachite
[Jun 13, 2010 9:41:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Too easy to fake :P And people who keep flag funds for larger flags reach that amount easily, even though the money is not theirs.

What could perhaps be a fun trophey, is one for having spend x Dubloons (on a Dubloon Ocean ofcourse). It's a bit similar to the x whisks and the x portraits one.

Or if Sub oceans would feel left out, it could be made for having spend x PoE aswell. I think it would amaze a lot of people about how much they have actually spend already in their career!

One thing I'm thinking of though, dubloon payments in-game are tracked always. I don't know if this is the case for PoE though?

Evolution
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Skeleton0123 at Jun 13, 2010 11:16:17 AM]
[Jun 13, 2010 11:14:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates