• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 340493 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
LordHiptos

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

I like them all. Just wish i'd thought of them. It'd be a good idea to hve the crew leaver, to see who is loyal, although may not work in all cases. The land lubber trophy etc are good random. Random is fun, creative & dangerous. But this is what all pirates strive to be, no?

They are good ideas. If you think like that, then we wouldn't have Map and brew, or Boots of Bilging, or Winged Boots.
----------------------------------------
Patience is for Bots.
Impatience is for reckless fools. Like Myself.

Clevar:
Senior Officer & First Mate of the Crew; The Never Ending
Prince of the flag; International Empires
[Aug 9, 2009 5:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Philipine7

like them all. Just wish i'd thought of them. It'd be a good idea to hve the crew leaver, to see who is loyal, although may not work in all cases. The land lubber trophy etc are good random. Random is fun, creative & dangerous. But this is what all pirates strive to be, no?

aye
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Philipine

Philipine
(sage ocean)
Senior Officer and First Mate of : The Sexy Crue
Prince of : The Very Sexy Flag
[Aug 10, 2009 12:22:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    philipineofsage@y7mail.com [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

They are good ideas. If you think like that, then we wouldn't have Map and brew, or Boots of Bilging, or Winged Boots.

Well there is a diference... Yes, map and brew is a random trophy maybe Boots of Bilging and Wigged Boots are random too, but these 2 trophyes can't be awarded by anyone. Not many pirates bilge that much to get sublime and some who have sublime don't hurt their rank for that trophy. Wigged Boots can't be awarded that easy like leaving crews and join others etc, etc... It don't have an "inutil"reason. You can't see very much pirates with it.
Masters on Emerald.
[Aug 10, 2009 5:22:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilbass

Other:

Crew Quitter - Has left more than 20 crews

i dont like this one as said with previous posts people will keep elaving and joining crews how about a different thopry or thoprys for like some one who has stayed in a crew for a week, then a month and then a year?
Crapplayer on hunter and on sage
[Aug 12, 2009 11:32:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TBPOTN7

There should be more trophies for blacksmithing. In particular, a trophy should be awarded for the first time you clear the board for a 'Masterpiece'. This trophy could be called the 'Bronze Hammer' or 'Bronze Anvil'. After 10 Masterpieces, you would receive a 'Silver Hammer or Anvil' , then after another set amount, for instance 25 masterpieces, you would receive a 'Golden Hammer or Anvil'

Furthermore, this trophy would be retroactive to include all of a pirate's previous masterpieces.

yus plz!

for that matter:

100 chains cumulative (silver), 800 chains cumulative (gold), 3200 chains cumulative (bejeweled), 6400 chains cumulative (diamond)!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TBPOTN7 at Aug 12, 2009 12:44:08 PM]
[Aug 12, 2009 12:41:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

To rissarissa

-I know for sure this has been suggested before and I will endorse it again because the gold trike has been a bit too common lately and a new level for it would be sweet.

To rhojan

-Staying on land for 500 hours is a bit too easy. Maybe 5000ish?
-Again that throphy about the 10 houses is too easy, everyone would just buy cabins.
-No comment on the labor things...
-I like the fam idea except for the fact people will just trade their fams to get this throphy.

To Lordhiptos

-Great idea, maybe who has stayed for a 6 months, than 12 months, than 18 and so on?
Sale Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=172262&offset=0#2386452

Bored Lantis Driver & Poker Player.
~~Jesee~~
[Aug 15, 2009 8:03:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rhojan111

To rhojan

-Staying on land for 500 hours is a bit too easy. Maybe 5000ish?
-Again that throphy about the 10 houses is too easy, everyone would just buy cabins.
-No comment on the labor things...
-I like the fam idea except for the fact people will just trade their fams to get this throphy.

Yea it is a bit to easy but it is only just a rough basis.
Thelders from the Cobalt ocean!
[Aug 16, 2009 3:03:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
D2Tha

bronzebeard wrote: 
And fer Duty Nav, whilst not inconceivable by any means, it'd be nice to get a trophy to say ye'd memmed the whole ocean.

How does that square with the idea that trophies won't be retroactively awarded? It's not exactly a repeatable feat (at least, for the same pirate).

I was just going to suggest this, but there should be a way to check if you have it memmed, no? It says so on your known world so...

In 5 years I haven't even been to every island... I missing like 6 I think- all are probably uninhabitable.

I think there should be trophies for memorizing each archipelago (w/ inter-arch routes as well) and then another for whole ocean.

Maybe they shouldn't have retro-active trophies- but if they do this should be the one.

Or either way... I haven't memmed it all... So. :P

Still a great idea! :)

The whole idea of trophies (besides collecting) is to show them off and this would be nice for people to see I think.-Then they'd say, "Hey, you've memmed so and so? Can ye chart me?" Maybe you think that's a bad thing. lol
-Timor Raven, Captain of the Turtle Island Buccaneers and founder of the flag, Nevermore on the Midnight Ocean-
[Edit 1 times, last edit by D2Tha at Aug 17, 2009 3:22:43 PM]
[Aug 17, 2009 3:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colder1

Have there been suggestions for further CI trophies?

It's fairly hard to gague how good people are at foraging CI style, as many people with Frenetic Forager just got it on a one off, whereas I get consistant frenetics and noone can tell the difference :D

So my suggestions are for trophies for like the total amount of frenetics that someone has got in total, or even for how many frenetics the person has managed to do in a row (most I've done in one entry is 6 in a row, although then we reentered and I got another 5).
Coldest
[Aug 20, 2009 4:54:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Incredible trophies are supposed to be just one offs... The same situation is true for any other puzzle--sailing, carp, and more importantly, gunning.

The reading to use for "how good someone is" is their actual stat: Are they able at foraging, but have a frenetic? Then they got lucky...once. Are they Legendary? Then they're probably going to get excellents most of the time, with the occasional inc/good.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Aug 20, 2009 10:38:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kotetsu534

Except that speed foraging has little to nothing to do with normal foraging.
Nomura, SO of Innocent, Member of Crimson Tide, Midnight.
[Aug 20, 2009 10:43:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

True enough... so maybe there needs to be a new stat.

What I'm trying to say is, there shouldn't be a trophy for "# of times I got incredible."

I'm pretty sure there are none now.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Aug 20, 2009 10:53:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colder1

True enough... so maybe there needs to be a new stat.

Yeah, that may be a better idea! :D
Coldest
[Aug 20, 2009 2:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thewugster

Trophy for number of times being booted out of zombie and skelly frays!!! ---grr 5 in a row

old first come first serve-ish method for joing frays FTW!
I've been playing since 2007 and i just learned you can Flip the carpentry pieces. :(

Grimly says:

yeah, that comment about the happy cows before means something different now

[Aug 26, 2009 11:46:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teabagbill

Not sure if this has been suggested previously, but there seriously needs to be a trophy for achieving every number one in a certain group of puzzles. For example, all crafting number ones. It's a hell of an achievement to do this, and those who are good enough deserve a "special shiny rare trophy". I'm not saying a trophy that says number one crafter, but something that denotes said person having all number ones in those puzzles would be sweet.

Now that I think of it, having a stat that incorporates all standings in a certain group would be pretty cool, not ultimate, though. Possibly just the top 100....ish. Wouldn't be too hard for the dev's to do.

Edit: Puzzles, not Skills. >.>
MC MundanCe, SPC
[Edit 2 times, last edit by teabagbill at Aug 27, 2009 9:55:18 AM]
[Aug 27, 2009 9:44:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scientology.org/?source=ga&gclid=CID0w4vCk58CFSBk4wodgzD7JQ [Link]  Go to top 
thewugster

There are so many Trinkets now a days...why not actually have a reason to collect them

how about you get a trophy if you collect all of one kind of Trinket

i.e Youd get a trophy if you got every color of starfish, or corral
I've been playing since 2007 and i just learned you can Flip the carpentry pieces. :(

Grimly says:

[Aug 28, 2009 11:10:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gokberrrrrk

How about some trophies awarded for making MP's in carp (if it s able to count), and also for all puzzles trophies for increds in a row? like 10 incred a row, or something like it?
Thank you mates, really thank you...
[Aug 31, 2009 12:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rhojan111

There are so many Trinkets now a days...why not actually have a reason to collect them

how about you get a trophy if you collect all of one kind of Trinket

i.e Youd get a trophy if you got every color of starfish, or corral

I took the time of actually making some trophies about trinkets (only madesome because those are the only ones i know of and some i couldn't think of a name for):

Coral Collector- Collected all colors of spiky and knobbly coral

Starfisher- Collected all starfish

Well protected- Collected all bone knives

Chow down- Colected all Cultist Chow

Spare eyes- Collected all eye of newts

Just Bead It!- Collected all Beaded fetish and Beaded Bracelet

Spell Maker- Collected all Spell scraps
[Sep 1, 2009 2:44:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Philipine7

Coral Collector- Collected all colors of spiky and knobbly coral
Starfisher- Collected all starfish
Well protected- Collected all bone knives
Chow down- Colected all Cultist Chow
Spare eyes- Collected all eye of newts
Just Bead It!- Collected all Beaded fetish and Beaded Bracelet
Spell Maker- Collected all Spell scraps

collecting all different types would seem hard but, maybe change a it a bit just get at least 1 or 2/3s of the type
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Philipine

Philipine
(sage ocean)
Senior Officer and First Mate of : The Sexy Crue
Prince of : The Very Sexy Flag
[Sep 8, 2009 2:10:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    philipineofsage@y7mail.com [Link]  Go to top 
FyreFaerie

Consideration about trophies for collecting:

- at which point would a set be actually owned? Would they all have to be in the user's inventory at once, or would a display case suffice? (In which case you'd have to consider roommates... would the case have to belong to the person getting the trophy to count? (I think because of this point alone, trophies for trinket trading are not feasible.) And what's to stop people from getting all the trinkets they need and trading it from friend to friend to friend?

- One trophy per every type is FAR too many. Perhaps pare it down, so there is one for all CI trinkets, one for atlantean trinkets, one for BK trinkets, and one for ocean trinkets (all corals and shells). This would also make each trophy difficult - but not impossible - to achieve.

- what happens when a new colour comes out, like persimmon for shells and corals? Does the trophy get renegged?
fyre / fyrefaerie / laura
Senior Officer of Pirates of the Damned
@chicgeek on twitter
[Sep 8, 2009 11:27:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.laurakishimoto.ca    girlthatisgeek    girlthatisgeek    24427833 [Link]  Go to top 
Zack7711

- what happens when a new colour comes out, like persimmon for shells and corals? Does the trophy get renegged?

i'd assume it would be like the ultimate crafter/pirate/carouser trophies and it would not be taken away
Dup

Cobalt Ocean
[Sep 8, 2009 4:08:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JahatheDark

dummy Reply to this Post

Whose the dummy trophy. for beating your own dummy (or maybe any dummy)
once
100 times
1,000 times.
[Sep 10, 2009 9:52:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

Naval rank trophies Reply to this Post

this is probably mentioned (I'd be surprised if it was not). Giving light to the speculation of the new Sea Legs trophy, how about trophies (in the form of badges or something of naval command like) for a pirate's rank in the Navy. We get clothes for obtaining each new rank, why not badges too?
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MadMe at Sep 15, 2009 8:45:07 PM]
[Sep 15, 2009 8:09:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thewugster

Re: Naval rank trophies Reply to this Post

this is probably mentioned (I'd be surprised if it was not). Giving light to the speculation of the new Sea Legs trophy, how about trophies (in the form of badges or something of naval command like) for a pirate's rank in the Navy. We get clothes for obtaining each new rank, why not badges too?

I can possibly see if you achieve the rank of admiral but,
Its already displayed on your pirate page.. i think the majority of people already think the experiance trophies were too much, more trophy spam?

Grimly says:

[Sep 20, 2009 4:38:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

I can possibly see if you achieve the rank of admiral but,
Its already displayed on your pirate page.. i think the majority of people already think the experiance trophies were too much, more trophy spam?

I agree that trophy spam is a problem. But for argument sake, the broad, expert, and sublime are noted on your pirate page too. Same goes for the ultimates trophies. Trophies for naval rank could make ol salts want to increase their ranking and do more navy missions.
Madme (on all oceans)

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Sep 21, 2009 12:03:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TBPOTN7

I agree that trophy spam is a problem. But for argument sake, the broad, expert, and sublime are noted on your pirate page too. Same goes for the ultimates trophies. Trophies for naval rank could make ol salts want to increase their ranking and do more navy missions.

not quite true. the broad and expert and subs are a spam and visible on pirate page. the ults though are a different story, cuz your standing can not only go up but also down, so one can not see from a pirate page whether someone has been ult in one puzzle.
[Sep 21, 2009 7:02:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

But if you're sublime, that's appears on your pirate page regardless. If the ultimate goal should be awarded a trophy, then yes..naval admiral rank should be a trophy.

So then if trophy spam isn't the goal, why the release with Sea Legs? Really? What's the point?
Madme (on all oceans)

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Sep 21, 2009 11:01:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

So then if trophy spam isn't the goal, why the release with Sea Legs? Really? What's the point?

Because the sea legs can be earned by any new player within half an hour of picking up the game. It's a nice bit of feedback for players who are new, haven't got great skills in any particular puzzle, and aren't likely to stick with one for the time it takes to get to broad.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Sep 21, 2009 11:15:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
rhojan111

Re: Random trophies Reply to this Post

Well I came up with some trophies when I couldn't sleep last night (Gah! I hate Dustorms!).

Painter: Painted 20 walls (Not the trim)

Egg Hunter: Held up to 10 eggs(In booty)

Raggy Clothes: Wore up to 50 Rags (Torso and legs)

Trash: Has thrown away 50 items, clothing, furniture, swords, bludgeons etc.
[Sep 23, 2009 12:05:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Traveln_guy

Re: Random trophies Reply to this Post

Well I came up with some trophies when I couldn't sleep last night (Gah! I hate Dustorms!).

Painter: Painted 20 walls (Not the trim)

Egg Hunter: Held up to 10 eggs(In booty)

Raggy Clothes: Wore up to 50 Rags (Torso and legs)

Trash: Has thrown away 50 items, clothing, furniture, swords, bludgeons etc.

Unfortunately, those can be bought, by spending poe, and therefore aren't much for trophies.
Arthur felt happy. He was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan.
Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad, and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across prehistoric Earth.
[Sep 24, 2009 6:13:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.google.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates