• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 328944 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
raggedjoe

Some ideas of mine Reply to this Post

Check out http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Raggedjoe/newtrophy for some ideas I have for trophies
----------------------------------------
--Raggedjoe of Viridian
--Officer of Squid Squad
--Member of Sea Wrath
--Addict of Puzzle Pirates
[May 1, 2009 6:29:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

Re: Some ideas of mine Reply to this Post

Check out http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Raggedjoe/newtrophy for some ideas I have for trophies

Endorsed the Fray Throphies for lantis (Has already been suggested before I think), endorsed the duty puzzle throphies, and the #1s.

I am sure though that these have previously already been suggested, atleast a few of them. Though eodrsed them again :)
Sale Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=172262&offset=0#2386452

Bored Lantis Driver & Poker Player.
~~Jesee~~
[May 1, 2009 1:46:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bigsalmon9

Really nice names raggedjoe, and a perfect match of reference names(Liquidation, Nemesis...)
The #1 's are very addictive, we shoud have a competition to see who will reach King first.
Liked it a lot, more than endorsed.

PS: Thank you for the credits ;D
Look lively! The greenies are regrouping for another beg!
[May 4, 2009 10:32:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I want a "Benjamin" trophy*, for collecting 100 sand dollars.

I mean, what else are they good for?

For bonus points, all 100 dollars vanish when the trophy is given.

-----
* Name to be adjusted for non-US residents, if possible.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[May 9, 2009 5:25:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

I'd think 1000 would be more appropriate as getting 100 can be done in a day or so.
Sale Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=172262&offset=0#2386452

~~Jesee~~
[May 9, 2009 7:58:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrgaz1980

a trophy for having 50 trophies?
Devill, capt of Mutiny,
Former Bitch of DI.
[May 15, 2009 3:34:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

a trophy for having 50 trophies?

I think that would be more of a ranking system, then another trophy itself. Like you could be a "Gold Trophy Collector" for getting 100, or something.
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[May 15, 2009 3:37:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raggedjoe

Just a note, I have added some more trophies to my page here
--Raggedjoe of Viridian
--Officer of Squid Squad
--Member of Sea Wrath
[May 15, 2009 4:16:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skrying

I Don't know if this has been suggested but i think that Every Duty Puzzle should have something like the Boots of Bilging. You should get a Trophy for being Sublime/Able in every puzzle.
Dondadon-Viridian
Olddonny-Sage
Donnyboy-Midnight,Hunter, and Cobalt
[May 16, 2009 1:29:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

I Don't know if this has been suggested but i think that Every Duty Puzzle should have something like the Boots of Bilging. You should get a Trophy for being Sublime/Able in every puzzle.

Enodorsed. Like Tired Hammer, or Blistered Gloves.

~~Jesee~~
[May 16, 2009 1:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raggedjoe

Enodorsed. Like Tired Hammer, or Blistered Gloves.

It has been suggested, but it has also been said (dunno where) that other trophies like it will not be created. The trophy is a joke on other RPGs where items increase your skills (such as in Runescape).
--Raggedjoe of Viridian
--Officer of Squid Squad
--Member of Sea Wrath
[May 17, 2009 12:38:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

With the recent change of referral awards from poe to bandannas, I'd like to see that replaced by a trophy. Maybe one for having a referred friend create an account and log on and then 1 for having a friend buy doubloons or subscribe. The first trophy should not have any extra levels to it, otherwise people will go right back to abusing the system. There should, however, be levels for the second trophy, maybe another one is handed out after 5-10 friends become paying customers and so forth.
Pletoo of Sage
[May 31, 2009 5:07:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

With the recent change of referral awards from poe to bandannas, I'd like to see that replaced by a trophy. Maybe one for having a referred friend create an account and log on and then 1 for having a friend buy doubloons or subscribe. The first trophy should not have any extra levels to it, otherwise people will go right back to abusing the system. There should, however, be levels for the second trophy, maybe another one is handed out after 5-10 friends become paying customers and so forth.

Sounds like a great idea to me, and this will encourage people to refer as well.

~~Jesee~~
[May 31, 2009 5:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lylax

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

I feel that Trophies should always be split into one of three categories:

"Play the Game" Trophies:
These reward good play. For example, Bronze / Expert / Sublime medals, getting an Ultimate in a duty report (face it, it isn't that hard to do this at least once...) and so on.

"Nicely Done!" Trophies:
These are for harder things, but by no means impossible.

Examples once again include getting onto the Ultimate List, or hauling 250 Treasure Chests.

"Epic Fail!" Trophies:
There are times when failing is fun just because you get a prize. The problem here is you don't really want people screwing up the game for others... so, whilst I think it'd be pretty funny to have a "lose five pillages" Trophy, it'll only end badly if it's included.

I've never liked Trophies that work along the lines of "Be the best in the whole world!" because I feel a Trophy should be something everyone can earn, not just the ones who were here when the scoreboard was empty.

Anyway, here's a few Trophy ideas:

Pirate Pal - Add a Hearty.
Life o' the Party - Add ten Hearties.

Stowaway - Puzzle on a ship as a Jobber.*
Hireling - Puzzle on a ship as a Jobber ten times.*
Mercenary - Puzzle on a ship as a Jobber fifty times.*
Dog of War - Puzzle on a ship as a Jobber one hundred times.*

Press-ganged - Puzzle on a ship from your own Crew.*
Dogsbody - Puzzle on a ship from your own Crew ten times.*
Midshipman - Puzzle on a ship from your own Crew fifty times.*
Buccaneer - Puzzle on a ship from your own Crew one hundred times.*

* Puzzling must be done for at least thirty minutes on a single voyage to count. You may work multiple stations if you wish (so you could do 5 minutes on Bilge, 20 minutes on Carp, then 5 Nav/Bnav if you wanted to). Pillages, Flotillas, Blockades, Atlantis & Cursed Islands all count.
Drink up, me Hearties, Yo-Ho!

I go by Lylax on Midnight, and Lylax on Ice.
[Jun 8, 2009 7:25:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

I sadly, cannot endorse any of them =/
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Jun 8, 2009 5:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tixus

Carp trophies like 100 master pieces 1000 master pieces 10,000 pieces and 100,000 master pieces

Also for sails like i dunno 100 bingos/donkey 1000 bingos/donkey 10,000 bingos/donkey
[Jun 9, 2009 5:07:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Carp trophies like 100 master pieces 1000 master pieces 10,000 pieces and 100,000 master pieces

Also for sails like i dunno 100 bingos/donkey 1000 bingos/donkey 10,000 bingos/donkey

Carp, sure. Sails, not bingos. Vegas.
[Jun 9, 2009 8:22:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TrevorChase

I think there should be trophys for getting a set number of incredibles,like for instance we have the trophy for getting one,why not make one for like getting 10,maybe 100?
"Its always darkest before the dawn."

(Madtrevor on the Meridian ocean)
[Jun 11, 2009 8:15:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thewhtwizard

i just think that there should be a trophy for getting a royal flush in poker, since the odds of them are very slim and there is a atrophy for winning 1 million Poe.
[Jun 12, 2009 2:15:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mennus

i just think that there should be a trophy for getting a royal flush in poker, since the odds of them are very slim and there is a atrophy for winning 1 million Poe.

That involves too much luck.
Flavor on Meridian 2012-
Mennus on Hunter 2007-2009
[Jun 12, 2009 11:55:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Traveln_guy

trophys for getting a set number of incredibles,like for instance we have the trophy for getting one,why not make one for like getting 10,maybe 100?

Makes sense to me!
Endorsed

Though it would add the need for a whole 'nother database or whatever the dev's use to keep track of the numbers.

So? Just because it would be a matter of luck, it isn't worth making a trophy?

I'd think it'd make a good trophy, because it is so rare to happen. In my opinion that makes it a thing worth commemorating or something.
And I wouldn't think it'd take much to code, but that's a guess*.

Royal flush trophy initially endorsed, but due to following comment by Deceptive, I reconsidered and decided that I agreed with him.

Not endorsed.

++ Use of the /print command for saving rare event's

*As any statement about coding something, not made by a developer is.
Arthur felt happy. He was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan.
Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad, and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across prehistoric Earth.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Traveln_guy at Jun 15, 2009 2:40:19 PM]
[Jun 12, 2009 2:20:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.google.com [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

So? Just because it would be a matter of luck, it isn't worth making a trophy?

I'd think it'd make a good trophy, because it is so rare to happen. In my opinion that makes it a thing worth commemorating or something.
And I wouldn't think it'd take much to code, but that's a guess*.

Royal flush trophy endorsed

*As any statement about coding something, not made by a developer is.

See, thing is, there is no point in commemorating luck. Since you had NOTHING to do with getting it, you don't deserve a trophy. All it would say is "Oh look at me! I got lucky!" not: "Oh look at me! I got skill!"

And in case your having trouble, we are going for the second one for trophies ;)

Edit: Stupid Quote Tags! x2
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Deceptive at Jun 15, 2009 5:49:12 AM]
[Jun 15, 2009 5:44:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Traveln_guy

This is true, Deceptive, I had not considered that. I will edit my previous post to remove endorsement in a moment.
Arthur felt happy. He was terribly pleased that the day was for once working out so much according to plan.
Only twenty minutes ago he had decided he would go mad, and now here he was already chasing a Chesterfield sofa across prehistoric Earth.
[Jun 15, 2009 2:36:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.google.com [Link]  Go to top 
7654321chris

You could have "Vet" for those who get more than 5 or 10 pets:
Image such as:
------
Binjedrinker on the Hunter Ocean
Senior Officer the crew Blackhawk Strong on Hunter
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 7654321chris at Aug 8, 2009 7:19:18 PM]
[Jun 19, 2009 2:50:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Too easy to get. Much too easy.
[Jun 19, 2009 7:49:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dan1701

It'd be no different is difficulty from achieveing a broad trophy.

See, thing is, there is no point in commemorating luck. Since you had NOTHING to do with getting it, you don't deserve a trophy. All it would say is "Oh look at me! I got lucky!" not: "Oh look at me! I got skill!"

And in case your having trouble, we are going for the second one for trophies ;)

Skill? Have you seen the current crop of trophies? Clearly not

Broad/Expert/Sublime trophies have no link to skill.

Blood trophies have no relation to skill.

Flag point trophies

Boots of Bilging

I'd even argue that skellies/zombies/vargas Ci trophies. weren't skill based, just luck that you were in enough winning frays.
Mrtickle/Mrtickles More commonly in plural form

Still Rioting if less than ever.
[Jun 19, 2009 7:59:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

It'd be no different is difficulty from achieveing a broad trophy.

See, thing is, there is no point in commemorating luck. Since you had NOTHING to do with getting it, you don't deserve a trophy. All it would say is "Oh look at me! I got lucky!" not: "Oh look at me! I got skill did something on purpose!"

Skill? Have you seen the current crop of trophies? Clearly not

Broad/Expert/Sublime trophies have no link to skill.

Blood trophies have no relation to skill.

Flag point trophies

Boots of Bilging

I'd even argue that skellies/zombies/vargas Ci trophies. weren't skill based, just luck that you were in enough winning frays.

Blood Trophies ye need skill for. The battle navigator has to win the battle, and he can't do that alone, and therefore, the skill of the other ship mates, helps get that KB.

Skellies/zombies, vargas CI need skill, without skill, you wouldn't win those frays, without skill, you wouldn't win and you wouldn't get the trophies.

Flag Point Trophies. That requires skill. You have to b-nav there, and sit there, and not get shot. In some blockades, that is hard. And for the rest of the ship, the ship wouldn't move very well if it was only bots.

P.S., look at the text I added and made bold, should clarify things for ye mate.
[Jun 19, 2009 10:29:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jorshuad

Very much endorsed. In fact, I think there should be somthing like crabs/guns for more puzzles. My thought for rigging was trophies for looping. It is a feature kind of like crabs that gives you more points, but isn't esential. The MP trophies should be along the lines of the guns in number because they are the basis of carpentry, and the looping trophies could be closer to the crab trophies.
I is Jorshua on Viridian

I see you as somone who likes argument a lot.
- Bubsnow

Don't worry if you suck at rigging, the rest of us here do too. Except for god over there.
- Randompanzy with gramatical fixes by jorsh
[Jun 19, 2009 5:10:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yoccm

Re: Flotilla Trophies, since they need them. Reply to this Post

I propose there be 'Flotilla Sink' trophies.

Sink 10 green ships

Sink 10 Red ships

100 Green

100 Red

13678 Green

8933428 Red

I would give names for such trophies but...nothing cheesy comes to mind :p

ps. why not have the Bking or queen actually on one of the ships and if by sinking it you get a trophy.

Flotiller need trophies
Every once in a blue moon, the moon turns blue.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Yoccm at Jun 19, 2009 5:20:02 PM]
[Jun 19, 2009 5:19:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

Re: Flotilla Trophies, since they need them. Reply to this Post

A good way to encourage people to job fer em too, endorsed.

~~Jesee~~
[Jun 20, 2009 6:34:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates