• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 103
Posts: 103   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 27465 times and has 102 replies Next Thread
Shuranthae

Re: Ship Sizes -again- Reply to this Post

Quiz, don't state things as facts when they're not.
[Sep 19, 2004 12:44:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quizzical

I just did a controlled test and apparently you're right. A second swabby on sails on a sloop has a marginal effect, but large enough to be measureable over the course of several minutes. This is actually quite shocking to me, as I expected that I'd have noticed it in the many times I've tried different combinations of swabbies to see what was best for accelerating a ship. It seems that the difference between one swabby on sails and two isn't noticeable on the sailing bar, but is there with a stopwatch.

I know for certain that one swabby on each station will produce more tokens in battle than two on sails and one switching back and forth between bilge and carp to keep both down. I've done controlled tests of that many times. I've attributed the discrepancy to the small amount of bilge that enters while the third swabby was on carp. My claims came from watching tokens with various swabby combinations in battle.
----------------------------------------
There is no "i" in "complex numbers".
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spansh

Quizzical wrote: 
I know for certain that one swabby on each station will produce more tokens in battle than two on sails and one switching back and forth between bilge and carp to keep both down. I've done controlled tests of that many times. I've attributed the discrepancy to the small amount of bilge that enters while the third swabby was on carp. My claims came from watching tokens with various swabby combinations in battle.

I frequently have 2 swabbies on sails, one on bilge, and I switch the sailing swabbie to carp every now and then to cover the damage whilst the third swabbie can still handle the bilge, the times when I have the 2 swabbies on sails, I produce more tokens than when there was only one.
[Sep 19, 2004 6:05:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

Shuranthae wrote: 
He's talking about the fact that work done is curved with more people, or trying to talk about it anyway. =P

I've hinted at it a few times myself. Two increds does not equal 2x one incred. Question is, does two puzzlers getting an excel and incred equal incred + excel? I'm inclined to think yes, but I'm not certain for sure.

[Sep 20, 2004 2:23:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spansh

Shuranthae wrote: 
Shuranthae wrote: 
He's talking about the fact that work done is curved with more people, or trying to talk about it anyway. =P

I've hinted at it a few times myself. Two increds does not equal 2x one incred. Question is, does two puzzlers getting an excel and incred equal incred + excel? I'm inclined to think yes, but I'm not certain for sure.

Aye, I've also been on a sloop with 3 very high increds, I was getting "just" enough tokens so I could use 4 every round, I've done the same (or very near) with 1 incred and one swabbie.

I recon it probbaly scales up to token movement of ships, so the maximum you can produce is the maximum your ship could move in any one turn, and once you get that far any extra is simply wasted. This doesn't take into account having damage/bilge which lowers sailing efficiency, but higher ratings in sails may still produce the max tokens, I haven't tried.
[Sep 20, 2004 2:37:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Koga_Masaki

Here's a table I made from the info I have. I think you'll find this one much easier to read too.

http://tbobjohnson.com/flagforums/viewtopic.php?t=79

Just made this a link so I only have to update one post.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Koga_Masaki at Jun 28, 2005 4:43:32 AM]
[Jun 28, 2005 4:43:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

incredible chart mate
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jun 28, 2005 4:48:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

That is a nice chart but some of the values are wrong, for example the mass and volume limits for the three largest ship types. The most up to date max damage amounts of cannon balls can be found in this thread:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=17663
There's still some debate over those amounts.

Faulkston,
The Uberthread needs updating as noted in this post:
http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=333372#333372
[Jun 28, 2005 4:52:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

nice and clear text. i'm biased to my own though, since it has the "latest known correct" info. ;)
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jun 28, 2005 4:58:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

only one I can see wrong off the top of me head is the merchant brig i find they need at least 14 shots to max
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jun 28, 2005 5:08:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Koga_Masaki

Updated chart with info I got from rixation's chart and added sinking info.
[Jun 28, 2005 6:22:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

*giggles* Something still isn't right.
[Jun 28, 2005 6:24:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kirvonia

http://www.the-black-pearl.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

Ship capasity, rockdamage, ramdamage, damage etc

A little something I pieced togother from yppedia.com
since i figured there must be more people than me that can't open yppedia, or perhaps, just not figure it out.
[Jun 18, 2008 3:02:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 103   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates