• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 144
Posts: 144   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11544 times and has 143 replies Next Thread
Captainhoggy

Re: Whose house? <Viridian v. Midnight interocean blockade, sign up by PMing Desmagicus!> Tell your friends!

Why do all Viridian parley threads end up this way?

lol because it's funny.
----------------------------------------
Heartyboy: "Quiet! I can't hear the voices in my head."
[Oct 3, 2006 3:11:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Re: Whose house? <Viridian v. Midnight interocean blockade, sign up by PMing Desmagicus!> Tell your friends!

lol because it's funny.

No, it's not. Can't you all see this is why Midnighters look down on us? We can't even keep a forum thread together and literate! Never mind a whole blockade.
[Oct 3, 2006 3:13:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

lol because it's funny.

No, it's not. Can't you all see this is why Midnighters look down on us? We can't even keep a forum thread together and literate! Never mind a whole blockade.

Bing! Beaver gets the win.

It's partially the reason why we (as a semi-general rule) look down upon other oceans. You all complain that your experiences on Midnight are horrid, well I can't step foot on Sage, Viridian or occasinally Cobalt without being dockpressed, randomly challenged, or cussed out. You'd argue we're only seeing the minorty of players when we see that but it happens a lot for it only being a minority. Perhaps the majority missed the part where they became outnumbered.

~The Maestro
Returning to being impartial about the blockade :)
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Oct 3, 2006 3:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Actually, if you avoid the docks the inns and any notice board pillages Dub oceans are fine.

PS The majority can be outnumbered and still be the majority. eg a vote on where to go on holiday of 10 people. 4 say Africa, 3 say Arctic, 3 say Antarctic.
Another problem with statistics is that theoretically you would be best going to a pole not a hot place as more would prefer it (as you can see).

[Oct 3, 2006 3:41:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Heh, all the elites are either hiding in our estates or out on our gold/black renamed ship elite pillages. ;)

Also, can I ask you guys keep this on-topic? I'd rather it not be locked or sunk by an OM.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Oct 3, 2006 4:44:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captainhoggy

I am very sorry.
Heartyboy: "Quiet! I can't hear the voices in my head."
[Oct 3, 2006 9:01:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Persephonnie

Yeah so some dude dockpresses you and that makes a WHOLE OCEAN illiterate and dumb and unable to puzzle. That sounds totally logic! How didnt i see that before?!
[Oct 4, 2006 2:18:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Yeah so some dude dockpresses you and that makes a WHOLE OCEAN illiterate and dumb and unable to puzzle. That sounds totally logic! How didnt i see that before?!

Irony++
[Oct 4, 2006 2:21:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

PS The majority can be outnumbered and still be the majority. eg a vote on where to go on holiday of 10 people. 4 say Africa, 3 say Arctic, 3 say Antarctic.
Another problem with statistics is that theoretically you would be best going to a pole not a hot place as more would prefer it (as you can see).

That's not a majority, it's a plurality.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Oct 5, 2006 9:39:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

I knew that. Honest.
[Oct 5, 2006 10:00:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

I knew that. Honest.

But have you ever heard of Arrow's Impossibility Theorem?
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Oct 5, 2006 10:17:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Comet1604

Actually we just use your forums to come to that conclusion.

Caralad,

Constantly stirring the pot.
Caralad of the Midnight Ocean.

Fuoco says, "When I rule the world, I'm kicking you in the gonads."
Fuoco says, "And you can quote me on that."
[Oct 5, 2006 12:32:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dancinjen

HAH! i knew this all along.

and i'm always hiding on viridian. YOU CAN'T FIND ME!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
:p

and yes i love to derail flaming threads. Unless i am in a argumentive(sp?.. haha) mood then i will say something on topic.

but most of the time i'll derail the threads to cheese.. or something else equally as stupid.

and when is this blockade going to be?

hopefully not until november... lol..
[Oct 5, 2006 4:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kryptKnight

It is fun to write silly things here. Try it.

Muffynz wrote: 
If Midnight Admiral Stuyvesant and Viridian Admiral Desmagicus could post a preliminary roster and position request in those threads that would be helpful. Just kind of a note on who you have and what key positions you may still need filled (i.e. navver, quartermaster, XO, dedicated gunners etc...) so we have an idea where we stand with the teams.

Bump
Jethroe, Viridian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kryptKnight at Oct 6, 2006 3:49:05 PM]
[Oct 6, 2006 3:48:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chrismor

Re: It is fun to write silly things here. Try it.

If we do not have a full team yet then I am game.

Chrismor.
Chrismor

O of Dragons Blood on Cobalt.
Host of Sunday Brunch on Shanty Raidio (On hiatus)
[Oct 13, 2006 7:30:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

Thats a point how are we doing so far with teams?
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Oct 13, 2006 8:04:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

BB is back on the forums and ready to go!!!!

As Cyn said, I think you can find somewhere to put me *wink wink*

/me hugs Cyn
/me pinches Des
/me tackles Viridian
/me squashes Midnight!
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Oct 13, 2006 10:10:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KariMinger

I want in, but as a random worker. Sails/carp/bilge. Put me on guns and you'll regret it. Just tell us when and where soon! I can't even tell from this if it'll be on Midnight or Viridian. Technically I'm on both oceans.
Zazazu : blockading near you
Captain of "Cracker-Throwing Monkey"-Ellipse-Viridian
You can't buy fame, you earn it. Unless it's Corona Reef we're talking about. -Saltake
[Oct 13, 2006 11:45:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

It's true. Viridian is alot worse. There is an absolutely jaw-dropping number of pirates that flat out suck. Illustrious/able. u tlk liek dis.

Because of that, the best navvers were forced to consistently face the other best navvers in blockades. There has been little to no room for average on this ocean; they were replaced or shuffled down the list.

Uh oh, illiteracy paid off.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by IceColdFire at Oct 26, 2006 11:38:06 AM]
[Oct 26, 2006 11:37:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Antix, we are in a fight, you chose Twiggy over me! And I SO have the better record!!!! In fact, I think I was brewing this idea LONG ago =P

/me chuckles

Honestly, I love Viridian, I dont care what anyone else says. And Cal, your posts made me want your babies. Wait, I lied, then you would just eat them >.<
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sed729 at Oct 26, 2006 12:46:13 PM]
[Oct 26, 2006 12:34:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

I mostly play on Hunter now, but I'm still going to fight for Viridian, since we're close kin. If a navigator is necessary, I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather leave that to the amazing navigators. I would prefer to just bilge.
[Oct 26, 2006 12:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KariMinger

/me wonders if this is still going on since it's been soooooo long.

Seriously. When? Zaza wants to play. If it's sinking, I'll job my heart out. If it's non-sinking, can I come gum up the works? I promise not to ram anyone but those uppity Midnighters.*

*note: I actually have nothing against Midnighters. I just really like blockades.
Zazazu : blockading near you
Captain of "Cracker-Throwing Monkey"-Ellipse-Viridian
You can't buy fame, you earn it. Unless it's Corona Reef we're talking about. -Saltake
[Edit 1 times, last edit by KariMinger at Oct 26, 2006 3:05:13 PM]
[Oct 26, 2006 3:04:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

It's still on. We're currently trying to decide which island gets the first round. See here:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=49354

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Oct 26, 2006 3:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Got a pretty good team set up with offers still coming in, and I can always force my friends to slave for me. =)
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Oct 26, 2006 3:19:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 144   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates