• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11452 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
dbavirt

Re: Lost At Sea

By not sticking to a schedule of posting, you are giving the advantage to those who surf the forum more regularly.

I see Budclare was first to answer last week, but I don't see that name on the leader board.

At second and third glance, the riddle this week is ambiguous. We'll see...
----------------------------------------
TheRack wrote: 
And aint sigging a cliche in itself.... I mean some people have the same damn text at the bottom of maybe 4000 posts....

[Oct 25, 2006 12:44:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

I see Budclare was first to answer last week, but I don't see that name on the leader board.

You're right!

Sorry Budclare. You have 12 points.
(I missed you off my original list)

**updates the post (again)**
- Kayh, of the Midnight Ocean
- Kaiian, of the Sage Ocean

[Edit 4 times, last edit by kth38 at Oct 25, 2006 1:03:13 PM]
[Oct 25, 2006 12:56:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chandlerdude

can i join this contest(whats the next riddle)
[Nov 6, 2006 4:10:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melissab

Whats up with this event? We havent had any responses from the host in awhile. Part of me thinks we're wasting our time.
Onelove
Please support Boarding for Breast Cancer.
[Nov 9, 2006 4:27:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

Whats up with this event? We havent had any responses from the host in awhile. Part of me thinks we're wasting our time.

Neither Chaosdragon nor Kgeo has been on Midnight since October. I'm assuming RL has butted in and made YPP and this event take a back seat for awhile.

Maybe when ye do come back guys, instead of putting up a last riddle right away ye should announce a date for the event to recommence, so everyone can get on the same page again.
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Nov 9, 2006 8:36:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phantoml

Right, sorry about the event guys. Ive recently gone on holiday, and handed the reigns over to Kgeo for that length of time. Since returning, Kgeo has (for some reason or another) vanished: so until I can contact him and get him to send me the updated score table, I'm not in a position to post the next clue.

Sorry about this, but I assure you we will get this back up and running ASAP!!! I'll get the next clue up this monday (13th November) and play it by the schedule from then on.

Once again, sorry!

-Chaosdragon
- Chaosdragon
[Nov 10, 2006 9:30:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Kgeo here, and as Chaosdragon stated he handed the event over to me. And as Whedonella suggested, Real Life did keep me off Puzzle Pirates and this event for about 11 days.

But thats all sorted now. Here are the result for Diary Entry 6:

::answer either of the three: Guava, Cranberry, or Durian!

Doddits: 9 points
Ceylon: 6 Points
Slvr: 4 points

1Point:

Budclare, Whedonella, Tibrid, Bieyen, onelove, dbavirt, Cams, Yellowshanks, Chimpzilla,

Wrong answers: Bridalgirl, Brassbeard, Jessaylay, Zaychik, Shren,

I got a few emails with people not guessing on Midnight, or not leaving a name. These people did NOT give the right answer and therefore were not sent an email asking for their name.

Sorry again all. Good Luck on Monday 13th!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by kth38 at Nov 11, 2006 10:45:13 AM]
[Nov 11, 2006 10:44:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Can I please remind people not to write anything on the clue thread.

Thank you.

[Nov 12, 2006 10:08:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dbavirt

Hi. It's the 15th.

Due to the "first come first points" nature of this event, I find it quite annoying and unfair that the event schedule is not adhered to.
TheRack wrote: 
And aint sigging a cliche in itself.... I mean some people have the same damn text at the bottom of maybe 4000 posts....

[Nov 15, 2006 8:46:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Hi. It's the 15th.

Due to the "first come first points" nature of this event, I find it quite annoying and unfair that the event schedule is not adhered to.

Hi all, I cannot say that I have spoken to Chaosdragon since he has been back from holiday. I can only apoligise for this.

Instead of this, I will post 2 more. Both on Monday 20th, and then stop entries on Monday 27th.

Again, sorry for the inconvience all.

After the 27th, and then I will add up all the scores, and announce the winners.

[Nov 15, 2006 9:55:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

New Prize added for 5th place!

A pink starfish is getting thrown into the prize pool for the event.

1st pulled out of the hat will get to choose between this, and the sand dollar.
2nd pulled out will get the one that isnt chosen.

EDIT: Not 4th and 5th place, names pulled out of hat and their order

[Edit 2 times, last edit by kth38 at Nov 20, 2006 8:32:08 AM]
[Nov 18, 2006 3:34:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

This weeks entries are going to be posted at: 9PM

Good Luck to everyone!

[Nov 20, 2006 11:40:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Entries are now Posted!
You have one week to the minute!

And I was only 10 seconds late!
Good Luck all!

[Nov 20, 2006 1:02:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quickslvr

and the wait, as they say, is usually the hardest.... thanks mate, it's been fun! sure wish i joined earlier though.. hehe

/e counts to the hours leading up to the 27th of November...
[Nov 20, 2006 1:16:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

It would be much appreciated, if you could all voice your opinions on the event.

All points, good and bad will be valid.
We would appreciate them incase we make another event like this in the future!

Thanks all!

[Nov 21, 2006 12:13:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nathwan264

Lost at Sea - A Twin Dragons Event.
(All diary entries posted, alone, in THIS thread.)

Avast! While out pillaging today with me motley crew, I accidently knocked me hearty, Kgeo, off the helm of the vessel! I dived in after him, but couldn't save him from being carried off by the waves. Who knows where hes gone!

Upon reboarding my vessel, I turned around and ported. And low and behold, what do I find on the floor? An extract from Kgeo's diary. It read something like this:

The only problem is that I forgot about his love of riddles and puzzles! I don't think I'll be able to do this on my own. Actually, that's a good idea! If you guys can help me decipher his hidden clues , I might just be able to find him! I think I have an idea wheres hes heading with this one, so I'll get after him!

If I know Kgeo, he will do his best to return to Turtle Island, and our home. But where to start? without a compass, hes bound to get lost somewhere! I'd best get after him, and get him home soon!

If you guys can work out the riddle in his diary, then send your answer to twin-dragons@hotmail.co.uk , and I'll go check! He should tell me which island he wants to go to next somewhere in there. It'll probably take me a few days to get there though, but if I find something there I'll post it here ASAP!

Oh, and to all those pirates that help me, I've got a few goodies lying about! Ya see, as I need to find Kgeo as fast as possible, I will give 9 points to the first person that gives me the right answer to each of the riddles, 6 points to the second, and 4 points to the third. Every correct answer after that will be awarded 1 point a piece. Im sure he'll be travelling about a bit though, so I expect he'll visit alot of islands before i find him again, so there will be plenty of chances to score points! When I've finally discovered Kgeo, I think I may be able to dig up some prizes for the people that score highest over the whole search:

1st place: One war brig, the Open-minded Ling!
2nd place: 20,000 PoE
3rd place: 10,000 PoE
4th-10th: 1,000 PoE, and entry to the lucky dip to win a sand dollar!

Anyways, that's enough talking! Hold on Kgeo, I'm coming!!

(Note: The puzzles and riddles featured in this event will all spell out an island in the midnight ocean. Also, the puzzles featured will be of varying difficulty, so if you cant work out one, check back for the next! Best of luck to all that enter, and a new puzzle should be posted every monday!)

Is it the island of ageing
My account got banned in 2010. Now trying to recover my details and Appeal my ban!

OOO should reply! (Doubts are running)
[Nov 22, 2006 9:48:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Only 5 hours left to post in your final answers.

There is some bad news though.
Chaosdragon has not logged on at all, and he has the prizes locked in his shack, so I am unable to deliver the prizes until he logs on.

I can however give the War Brig, Pink starfish, and Sand Dollar away, as they are under my possesion.

Sorry about this all.
Good Luck.

[Nov 27, 2006 8:03:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Correction: Chaos logged on, and the prizes are now all available! Yay for Chaos!

Good Luck! 4 hours left!

[Nov 27, 2006 8:54:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Results for Diary 7 and 8 are in!

Answer for 7: Winter (derived from Christmas, Shortening of days, Cold)
Answer for 8: Iris (part of the eye)

People who got it right with points:

Diary 7

9 Points – Slvr
6 points – Brassbeard
4 points – Whedonella

1 pointers:

Budclare, Bieyen, Jujie, cams, junsik,

Diary 8

9 Points - Slvr
6 Points - Brassbeard
4 Points -Whedonella

1 pointers:

Ceylon, Budclare, Doddits, Bieyen, Jujie, cams

[Nov 27, 2006 1:44:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Results! Well done to everyone who played.

1. Bieyen – 32
2. Ceylon – 24
3. Slvr – 23
4. Doddits – 15
5. Budclare - 15
6. Onelove – 15
7. Zaychik – 14
8. Brassbeard – 14
9. Cams – 13
10. Whedonella – 12

11. Dbarvit – 8
12. Angeletta - 2
13. Yellowshanks - 2

One Point:
Meilen, Xiaoban, Macarooney, Jnifr, Feylind, Drunkenjoe, Birchle, Illeanne, Bridalgirl, Jujie, Junsik, Tibrid, Chimpzilla,

You lucky people! The people drawn out of the hat, at random are:
Budclare! And Zaychik!

Budclare: You get to pick from either the Pink Starfish, or the Sand Dollar.
Zaychik: You get the one that Budclare leaves.

Please find Kgeo to claim your prizes. I am online from about 4PM - 10PM GMT (8AM - 4PM PST).

[Nov 27, 2006 2:11:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bien

Thanks a ton!
I enjoyed yer contest, now I can go out and enjoy the seas!
[Nov 27, 2006 3:02:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quickslvr

thanks mate! it was worth getting up for a few minutes at 5am to answer that last diary entry after all lol congrats bieyen and ceylon! also to budclare and zaychik! lucky lucky =D thanks to all of ye who participated too, you guys kept me on my toes..

I better keep my eyes wide open next time to avoid missing out (and starting late) on events like these hehe see ye around 'c',)

slvr
[Edit 1 times, last edit by quickslvr at Nov 27, 2006 6:13:36 PM]
[Nov 27, 2006 6:11:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melissab

I gave up after weeks of waiting for the next diary entry. Congrats to those who waited around.
Onelove
Please support Boarding for Breast Cancer.
[Nov 27, 2006 10:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates