• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2957 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
c_squared01

Raffle! Maybe Orca Island for PRIZE!!!

The raffle will run from NOW until October 1st at noon PST.

DRAWING: Oct. 1st.

You can buy as many tickets as ye like.

Ticket prices are...

hmm. You'll need to go read a Parley Thread to learn how to get tickets.

~PRIZES~

All items are New or Good.

1. Island (if all goes well)

2. War brig
Unpainted & Unstocked

3. Skull Dagger Blue/Purple

4. Scimitar Blue/Yellow

5. White/White Cat Meowbino

6. Little Ling - sloop

Unpainted & Unstocked

7. My interpretation of your pirate - by Chrisspy
A full color scene portrait with background
and props.

EXAMPLE OF HIS WORK!

(Sorry, I couldn't help but offer up my MS Paint Skillz. No insult is meant to the wonderful artist in the other thread.)

More to be added soon! Oh, and you should probably check out our
Parley Post to see how to enter.

Please note that this event, as with any lottery or raffle, is run at
the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be cheating or
wrongdoing, the culprit will be punished, but no poe will be returned
to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or
people hosting the event.

Notice that the island will only be raffled off if the
corresponding event blockade is a success.

Edit: changed the title to avoid legitimate confusion.
----------------------------------------
Chrisspy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Sep 17, 2006 6:09:11 PM]
[Sep 17, 2006 1:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karlathemex

Re: FPC RAFFLE Maybe Orca Island for PRIZE!!!

youch.mimmicking isnt very nice.
pazy on midnight
[Sep 17, 2006 2:17:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Aw, I thought it was funny...

Should it be toned down?
Chrisspy
[Sep 17, 2006 6:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saches

Sounds cool, but you have to earn the tickets in a blockade right?

what happens if we just want to buy them?
[Sep 18, 2006 8:32:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

what happens if we just want to buy them?

Guide to "buying" a ticket:

First, buy a premade brig from the midnight bazaar thread here.

Then, find someone to navigate and someone to XO the ship. This shouldn't be difficult, as most everyone wants to nav/XO in a blockade. I would suggest finding your best b-navver friend and letting him nav (make him bring some friends, too), and then you can XO. Or the other way around.

Get 20 of your friends or 20 of your crew to promise they will show up on the day of the blockade. If you can get more, that's probably better since they won't all show up. Pay them 200 poe per round if they lub you or 500 poe per round if they are money-hungry and tell them how much fun it will be. Make it a crew event! Promise a celebratory pillage afterwards.

Float your ship to Orca, port it, and send me a PM saying "hey! i'd like to enter!" You send me poez for stock, and someone drives your brig with your jobbers into the blockade!

Total cost (assuming you bring your own jobbers and pay them) is probably less than 100k. Just last weekend, I spent 100k to watch other people drive on a blockade board , and it was great fun! You can too!

Just under two weeks to get your boats together! I hope to see you there!
Chrisspy
[Sep 18, 2006 11:50:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Ima try real hard to not point and laugh now.
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Oct 1, 2006 2:24:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

You sure that didn't count as pointing and laughing? :)

Anyway!
I've already awarded most prizes. Other winners are:

• My artwork goes to someone from Elysian Fields!

Find me for prizes!

Also, Eagleheart is the winner of the "best cutter" award, which is worth something nice from Pennsuedo. Honorable mention to Onelove for sinking a frigate with a sloop.
Chrisspy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Oct 3, 2006 1:02:54 AM]
[Oct 1, 2006 2:44:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Taco wrote: 

Laughing at Chrisspy for suffering a crushing defeat? Something tells me he was not in it to "win", in the conventional way most people are.

Oh, and thanks for the scimitar. I think I will play Santa and gift it to someone in my flag for working so hard today.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Oct 1, 2006 3:18:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Something tells me he was not in it to "win", in the conventional way most people are.

This really should have been the funnest blockade ever, since both sides had different definitions of "win," and both managed to accomplish it. :) Of course, I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to "win" in their way as well...

Ack! I Parley-ized it!

Instead, maybe I just ask, why ye laughing, Taco? Maybe because this doesn't really qualify so much as an "event?" I wasn't implying that this was anywhere near as cool as the simple squares or the dolls, both of which I watched obsessively despite not entering. :) Yar!
Chrisspy
[Oct 1, 2006 9:33:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Something tells me he was not in it to "win", in the conventional way most people are.

This really should have been the funnest blockade ever, since both sides had different definitions of "win," and both managed to accomplish it. :) Of course, I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to "win" in their way as well...

Ack! I Parley-ized it!

Instead, maybe I just ask, why ye laughing, Taco? Maybe because this doesn't really qualify so much as an "event?" I wasn't implying that this was anywhere near as cool as the simple squares or the dolls, both of which I watched obsessively despite not entering. :) Yar!
Naw, I jsut thought the whole idea was kinda funny. As far as it qualifing as an event...meh, I dont think forcing other people to participate (which they had to do to keep the island) is so much of an event. Although I fully supported the defense with my time I do have to give them the party pooper award for not going sinking with it. Now that woulda made it fun.

Be sure to check out the Midnight Birthday Bash, I have close to 2 mil in prizes to give out!
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Oct 2, 2006 3:22:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

As far as it qualifing as an event...meh, I dont think forcing other people to participate (which they had to do to keep the island) is so much of an event.
I agree wholeheartedly, and thought it was sort of on the border between Events and Parley. :) We squeaked by, cause we're not in Davy Jones yet!

Naw, I jsut thought the whole idea was kinda funny.
Yay for the non-tartiness of Events forums!

Good luck with the Birthday Bash! I'm considering making an enormous card. :) Should be fun times.
Chrisspy
[Oct 2, 2006 7:33:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kritastrophe

• A war brig goes to someone from Broadside Thrillride,

• does it come stocked with organs?
    Kritastrophe: SO of Unknown Pleasures, Head of the Department of Unfounded Rumors/Lady of Blighted - Imogen on Ice.

Bootymoe tells you, "im like a schoolgirl"
    [Oct 2, 2006 8:37:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    cest la kri [Link]  Go to top 
    c_squared01

does it come stocked with organs?

Yes but no brains, of course.
    Chrisspy
    [Oct 2, 2006 3:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates