• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7521 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
c_squared01

Yarg! Ketchy Cubby at Meke! [It's over!] Treasuresal won!

That's right, shoot at Fandango and win prizes too. The flag Don't ask for barnacle has decided to do something. Something ocean-wide. Something involving a war chest.

Ketchy Cubby at Meke!
When: Saturday, September 16 at Noon PST.
What: Shoot at Notorious Fandango defense ships using sloops, on a non-sinking blockade board.
Why: Win lots of prizes, and ZOMG! Fandango!

Prizes include the War Brig Sketchy Cubbyu and OM-provided trinkets (ribbons) for the top three places, as well as, of course, poe and furniture.

The rules wrote: 
Everyone in the ocean is invited to bring their own unaligned sloop team.
They register with the Ketchy Cubby referee, for the prizes. Check the Don't ask for barnacle flag statement for the referee's name, prior to the start.
They deport, sail out, put 1 CB into a defending vessel, and port, sending a /tell to the referee saying "1"
Then they deport, sail out, put 2 CBs into a defending vessel, and port, sending a /tell to the referee saying "2"
Your third time out, you need 3 hits. Etceteras. It's a pyramid game - you can't skip a number.
Your ending point total is the last number you were successfully able to score. Because it's irony++, only hits on Fandango count.
Any number of jobbers may be on the sloop, but the prize just goes to the registered participant (who can then split the proceeds how he sees fit). If your sloop gets sunk, go grab another sloop. Your score from your previous successful trip out still stands.

Pre-registered teams can get a free floating service to get one sloop to Meke. Other people can pay a tiny fee to get transport. Details later. All pre-registered teams who successfully show up are guaranteed to win prizes, but the top three sloop teams in each round will receive 1000 poe per point scored.

Looseweed wrote: 
Blockades is dangerous!

But this time, it should be non-sinking (we think they have agreed to that). No bringing an attack fleet over to ruin our fun, please... unless it is composed entirely of sloops. Stay tuned!

Parley-style tarting is welcome riiight here if ye interested. Events-style questions can go right where ye are.

Pre-registration information
Post here if you would like to preregister. The benefits of preregistration include free floating service to Meke by my wonderful floatilla-navvers, as well as the ability to purchase rum and shot from my "stock manager" at the event. Note that no profit will be made on this stock (except by whoever produces the stuff, which won't be anyone I know).

So, post here to preregister your team -- with the following information: Pirate Name, Alt Name, Sloop Name, and Registration Time (or some indication that you do not need the floating service). In order to preregister, you will need to have an alt *join my temporary ketchy cubby crew* and hold on to your unlocked ship, so that my floatilla-ers can float your ship to Meke at their convenience. However, this will probably involve a lot of "here, hold my sloop while I grab my alt" action, so I am only doing this on specific days/times to minimize mayhem. Note that I am only floating one ship per person. You are more than welcome to bring as many as you want on the day of the event, though, as that would greatly increase your chances of winning.

I will be available to do transfers for preregistration at the following specific times. If someone just shows up at one of these times without having posted in the forum, I will ask them to come post in the forum before I do any trading action.
Friday, September 8, 4PM PST
Sunday, September 10, 8PM PST
Tuesday, September 12, 8AM PST
Thursday, September 14, Noon PST

You do not have to pre-register if you just want to get sloops over to Meke yourself. Anyone who shows up with sloops on the day of the event need only send a tell to the KC referee sometime in the 30 minutes before the blockade starts. This is just designed to help people get over there more easily.

I was originally considering offering floating service for additional sloops, while charging a fee to do so. However, since I have OM support, I cannot profit personally from the event. If anyone would be willing to do a "float-extra-sloops-to-Meke" service for a fee, send me a PM and perhaps I'll post you on this thread. Do not offer such a service in this thread without contacting me first.
----------------------------------------
Chrisspy
[Edit 7 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Sep 16, 2006 3:23:09 PM]
[Sep 5, 2006 3:22:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

Re: Yarg! Ketchy Cubby at Meke! [details fuzzy]

Is this seperate from KC3: world tour?

Will only shots on NF WBs count?

Are NF involved in the running?

Will NF retain the Isle reguardless at the end of the event?

When does pre-registration end and regular registration begin?

Will the complementory ship moving service also safely move that ships stock or is it floaty goodness?

How many rounds will this last?

What constitutes a point- each shot, a flag point, every time you send a tell to the ref after reaching a a new level?

Will new levels only score if the sloop makes it back to the safe zone after firing or as soon as the last shot in the level hits is that a point?

Thanks.
Hypnos Score: 4.
[Sep 5, 2006 5:10:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Someone wrote: 
questions
I wrote: 
Details later.
Meh, you ask for details, so I guess we do details now.

I don't know yet whether this will be involved with the KC: world tour. I'm running this one so I wouldn't be able to enter, but maybe it will count anyway. I don't know yet and will keep you guys updated.

Shots on all defending ships will count, regardless of their type/class.

NF will not be in the running, because their ships will show up as "defenders." But I can't/won't stop them from entering as alts, so that's fine as long as they aren't cheating by talking to their friends the bnavvers and getting free shots. To prevent this, maybe I'll give prizes to NF ships that sink the most participants. :)

NF will retain the isle at the end of the event because I'm not bringing my nonexistent attack fleet. Hopefully no one crashes the party by bringing an attack fleet. That would be mean.

Pre-registration will end the moment I drop the warchest, because I'm not floating any more ships within 24 hours of the event.

The blockade will be 3 rounds, barring any ridiculousness.

A point is "every time you send a tell to the ref after reaching a new level."

The new levels only score if the sloop makes it back to the safe zone and if it makes it back to the safe zone before the round ends. Blame the checkered flag. Note that sloops can definitely purposely sink other participants to prevent them from getting points. No caution flags in KC. :)
Chrisspy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Sep 5, 2006 5:26:44 AM]
[Sep 5, 2006 5:24:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

Thanks.
[Sep 5, 2006 6:14:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Awesome idea. I particularly loved this part: "NF will retain the isle at the end of the event because I'm not bringing my nonexistent attack fleet"
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 5, 2006 10:41:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

Hopefully no one crashes the party by bringing an attack fleet. That would be mean.
Actually, I'd think NF would love that. Especially if said attacker didn't drop a chest. 'Cuz I expect most of 'em will be pretty bored without an attacker to fight, and only having Zergs to sink (see Gaea whatever it was if you don't get the Zerg reference).

One more question, though, since I'm already posting and I'm too lazy to go look for Loose's KC rules. How many people can be on a KC sloop? I thought I remembered it being limited to solo sloops, but you made reference to teams....
Blackfletch

How many small shot does it take to sink a Grand Frigate? One.
[Sep 5, 2006 9:44:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Do you have a more specific date and time when the event will happen?
[Sep 6, 2006 12:32:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spiderprints

Blackfletch wrote: 

One more question, though, since I'm already posting and I'm too lazy to go look for Loose's KC rules. How many people can be on a KC sloop? I thought I remembered it being limited to solo sloops, but you made reference to teams....

KC world tour rules wrote: 
Any number of jobbers may be on the sloop, but the prize just goes to the registered participant (who can then split the proceeds how he sees fit). If your sloop gets sunk, go grab another sloop. Your score from your previous successful trip out still stands.

I assume Chrisspy is using the official rules...
Knarf
of Drunken Amore
[Sep 6, 2006 5:30:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Do you have a more specific date and time when the event will happen?

It will be noon PST, on either the 16th or the 17th. I should know very soon.

I assume Chrisspy is using the official rules.

Yes, yes I am. You can have as many people on the boat as you like, but you only get one ribbon if you win. :) Money will be distributed to the driver, who can then do with it as he/she wishes.
Chrisspy
[Sep 6, 2006 9:18:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Alright! The date/time is set: Saturday, September 16 at noon PST.

Original post has been updated with the following info:

Pre-registration
Post here if you would like to preregister. The benefits of preregistration include free floating service to Meke by my wonderful floatilla-navvers, as well as the ability to purchase rum and shot from my "stock manager" at the event. Note that no profit will be made on this stock (except by whoever produces the stuff, which won't be anyone I know).

So, post here to preregister your team -- with the following information: Pirate Name, Alt Name, Sloop Name, and Registration Time (or some indication that you do not need the floating service). In order to preregister, you will need to have an alt *join my temporary ketchy cubby crew* and hold on to your unlocked ship, so that my floatilla-ers can float your ship to Meke at their convenience. However, this will probably involve a lot of "here, hold my sloop while I grab my alt" action, so I am only doing this on specific days/times to minimize mayhem. Note that I am only floating one ship per person. You are more than welcome to bring as many as you want on the day of the event, though, as that would greatly increase your chances of winning.

I will be available to do transfers for preregistration at the following specific times. If someone just shows up at one of these times without having posted in the forum, I will ask them to come post in the forum before I do any trading action.
Friday, September 8, 4PM PST
Sunday, September 10, 8PM PST
Tuesday, September 12, 8AM PST
Thursday, September 14, Noon PST

You do not have to pre-register if you just want to get sloops over to Meke yourself. Anyone who shows up with sloops on the day of the event need only send a tell to the KC referee sometime in the 30 minutes before the blockade starts. This is just designed to help people get over there more easily.

I was originally considering offering floating service for additional sloops, while charging a fee to do so. However, since I have OM support, I cannot profit personally from the event. If anyone would be willing to do a "float-extra-sloops-to-Meke" service for a fee, send me a PM and perhaps I'll post you on this thread. Do not offer such a service in this thread without contacting me first.
Chrisspy
[Sep 7, 2006 9:35:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Pre-registration bonus

To convince people to pre-register, the first three people who pre-register for the event will receive FREE KC-stock (10 rum, 50 small CBs) at Meke on the day of the event. Woo!

Post here to register! You could be first! ;)

If you are afraid of forum-posting, just PM me, or send a tell during a pre-registration time. First one is ... now. But I'm going to play tennis in a half-hour. Next one is Sunday, September 10 at 8PM PST. Talk to you then!
Chrisspy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Sep 8, 2006 4:06:01 PM]
[Sep 8, 2006 4:05:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

Re: Pre-registration bonus

Small Shiner - Sailerboylee.

PreRegistering.
U giv shot?
No need for float.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ian_Rhodes at Sep 10, 2006 3:33:04 PM]
[Sep 9, 2006 2:13:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlarim

Re: Yarg! Ketchy Cubby at Meke! [Pre-registration open!]

Pirate Name Geena

Sloop Name Credible Carp

No need fer floater service. yarrr
~Geena on all oceans.
[Sep 11, 2006 12:07:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Yes, I giv shot to you two, as well as the next pre-registrant. :)

Thanks for pre-registering, mateys. It's amazing to me, though, that so few people want me to float their ships for them!
Chrisspy
[Sep 11, 2006 12:48:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lauttus

Pirate Name: Fizz
Sloop Name: Gifted Tigerfish
No float needed
Fizz - SO in The Phoenix Warriors and Lady of Tyr's Own of Midnight Ocean
---
Skyelanis from Midnight wrote wrote: 
Anything for you Fizz.
---
Avatar by myself --- here's lookin at you, kid.
[Sep 11, 2006 8:07:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadamRuby

Pirate name: Corynn
Ship Name: French Fry

No float.. though I'll take a root beer? Rah. Mmmm!!
Cor·ynn [on the Midnight Ocean]

Spades Player says, "nice cover p"
Corynn says,"Is it seriously that hard to type "partner"?.."
Spades Player says,"no, but why bother?"
[Sep 11, 2006 5:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RubyChopstixs [Link]  Go to top 
MrDARKLORD

pirate name: Kimers
ship: generous pollack and more ( do i need to list them all?)
no float needed

woot look forward for some fun!!
[Sep 11, 2006 9:29:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

do i need to list them all?)

no no, don't worry about that. thanks for pre-registering!
Chrisspy
[Sep 11, 2006 11:56:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Looseweed

Is this seperate from KC3: world tour?

No! It countsde tour!

Will only shots on NF WBs count?

Hits any NF boats count.

Are NF involved in the running?

NF defendin. Chrisspy runnin it.

Will NF retain the Isle reguardless at the end of the event?

Whoeva winsit winsit.

Restyou questions, sbl, checkde rules.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Looseweed at Sep 12, 2006 9:49:25 AM]
[Sep 12, 2006 9:47:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AquaDrake

Shoot at fandango, or be a fandango ...

Sat noon? Probably neither.
Maybe "historical" dragons were pterosaurs?
http://www.livescience.com/animals/090107-pterosaur-flight.html

"No plain fanfold paper could hold that fractal Puff --
He grew so fast no plotting pack could shrink him far enough.&quot
[Sep 12, 2006 2:02:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Another pre-registrant, but this one couldn't figure out the forums. That's alright... I'm posting it for him.

Cozmo, Comfortable Pickerel
Chunkywaffle/Kamon, Clueless Angler

Apparently no floating service required, because they are gone. *shrug*

Edit: No no, they did need floating...

Edit 2: Why did you lock your ship, while it was at sea? That made it much more difficult to finish the trip. And by that I mean, there was no way for me to finish the trip. :)

Ah well.
Chrisspy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Sep 14, 2006 1:05:41 AM]
[Sep 12, 2006 4:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sunnay

Pre-registering =)

Hoochiecooch

Childish Flounder

I don't need floating...but would you happen to have any charts from Angelfish to Meke available?
Hoochiecooch of Midnight (Additional oceans sold separately.)

Captain of Suckerpunch
Co-owner of GROGDORRRRRRR on Nu!
[Sep 12, 2006 5:57:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Ah! The dreaded Angel - Meke chart!

I just got it and memmed the route today. Anyone needing charting from Angelfish to Meke, catch me on Friday at Noon PST and I will definitely be around to chart it for you. Otherwise, good luck finding a chart :)

I'll be accepting pre-registration all the way up to noon PST on Friday, after that, it's all about you guys just showing up on your own.

I've amassed some sloopy rum/shot at Meke as well, and as I mentioned initially, that stuff will be for sale for pre-registrants. See you all there!
Chrisspy
[Sep 14, 2006 1:08:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Koichi11

I would like to pre-register, but am i too late for a float? Koichiz, Koichiq, Fat Hake, 4:05 PDT please, if you could, float my ship over!!
Koichiz on MIDNIGHT
SO of Dragon's Fury
Cartographer of Dragon's Fury
Member of Silent Lucidity

Koichi on ICE
Captain of Koi
King of Koi
[Sep 14, 2006 4:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

4:05 PDT

Um, these "pre-set times" didn't work out very well. :)

The last set of pre-registration people will be at noon PDT on Friday. If you don't catch me then, you're getting to Meke on your own. :) Not that I have a problem with that. Yarrrrgh!

Stay tuned for a special bonus prize to be awarded in round 2 of the blockade! Don't get all yer ships sunk in round 1!
Chrisspy
[Sep 14, 2006 6:02:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grumpy6909

Ahoy -- Lunatic of The Sea Harriers, wishing to pre-register for ketchy cubby thingy. Also I can chart Angelfish to Meke provided I do not still be moving my own couple of ships to Meke.

A Question which was asked before but the answers seem unclear, if the event counts for KC wotsit, are sloop crews limited to bnavver + 3 bots ??? If so that should be fun. And who is gonne be checking ships via /vwho ? That should be a boring job.

Lunatic, of Sea Harriers, and of Dragon's Fury Flag.
[Sep 15, 2006 11:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Someone wrote: 
question

Because it would be impossible to enforce any other rule, you can have as many people onboard your sloop as you want.

Pre-registration is now CLOSED! But feel free to show up whenever you want, and send me a PM or a tell if you need charting to Meke.

Yar! See you then!
Chrisspy
[Sep 15, 2006 12:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gold690

Re: Yarg! Ketchy Cubby at Meke! [Pre-registration closed!] See you Saturday!

well it could be some fun sign me up
My pirate is Sogeking on the Midnight ocean
[Sep 15, 2006 12:47:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KaptainKitty

Re: Yarg! Ketchy Cubby at Meke! [Pre-registration closed!] See you Saturday!

Yar! Good luck Chrisspy! Sorry I cant be there. And sorry I wasnt much help in the planning of this little escapade...

Have fun everyone!

Coconaut
Coconaut on Cerulean and now Emerald
[Sep 15, 2006 2:43:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
aelam

Re: Yarg! Ketchy Cubby at Meke! [Chart course]

I only saw this in the notice board today =C is it to late for you to chart a coure for me? ^^ Kaldor on the Lonely ling
Kaldor

Silvergundam Tells you,"Yea,.... i got a much more special stick"
Silvergundam Tells you,"I hide it under my kilt :O"
[Sep 16, 2006 4:52:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates