• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Thread Type: Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 37019 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Cleaver
Captain

Davy Jones' Purpose and Rules

This here be the burial ground for olde Announcements, Events and threads from other forums (specifically Game Design) that duplicate other posts or are otherwise redundant.

If your post has been moved here my condolences. It probably means that you should have done a more thorough search, and that the matter you propose has been exhaustively discussed before.

You can post new threads here, but I wouldn't encourage it. Bad things might happen.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cleaver at Nov 18, 2003 9:23:51 AM]
[Nov 18, 2003 9:23:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Re: Davy Jones' Purpose and Rules

Ye Olde Event posts will also be directed here, just to keep them from continually being bumped up in the Events forum and slowly driving me insane. I'll keep shadow topics there so there should be no reason to come here in search of your events.
[Nov 19, 2003 12:28:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nykkel

Simply for amusement value... if this Forum system allows you to place the individual forums (like this one) in any order you like, then I want to suggest making Davy Jones' Locker the bottom one on the main list. It's only appropriate, no? :)
[Nov 19, 2003 2:27:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

The bottom

Hrm, I thought about this a bit -- it would be appropriate at the bottom, but that's kind of a prime spot in terms of visibility. So I buried it in the middle.
[Nov 19, 2003 3:03:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ella_Ranaa

Why would anyone have anything to post here?
[Dec 8, 2003 1:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Lupin+Insaniac [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

You're not supposed to post here. Posts that never should've been made get moved here instead of being deleted.

atteSmythe,
who loves replying in the Locker

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Dec 8, 2003 2:08:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

This was the best place I could think of to place this question:

Why are the Announcement topics moved here from Announcements not de-stickied when they are moved here? I thought the intention of this forum was for things to sink, but the Announcement topics will never sink until they're unstuck from the top.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 3, 2004 7:28:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wnorman

The logical conundrum has turned my mind to mush... sweet mush....
Shark
Captain of Ransack Marauders
Prince and Admiral of Silver Dawn

[size=9]Greenie says, "are you a rael shark/"
[May 3, 2004 1:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Thunderbird wrote: 

Why are the Announcement topics moved here from Announcements not de-stickied when they are moved here? I thought the intention of this forum was for things to sink, but the Announcement topics will never sink until they're unstuck from the top.

I second this question.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Nov 7, 2004 3:37:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

Rather, I say.

Then again the stickied announcements will in time occupy the first umpteen pages and be sure to bury any other threads that get moved here.
Cryptic

When the fell moon rises and kingdoms fall
There's a time of darkness before cock's call
When the Tide washes in from windward to lee
And she leaves behind her a blood-red sea
[Mar 13, 2005 1:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

Oh, *** Bump ***
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Mar 13, 2005 1:49:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TrillianM

Thunderbird wrote: 

This is just a wild guess but announcements are different than stickies so I'm guessing that they can't "unsticky" them (at least that's how it works on the invision board that I mod on)
-Trilly,
Disciple of the Mad Professor
FANDANGO
The Overnight! <- Click to donate. ^_^
[Mar 13, 2005 10:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

TrillianM wrote: 
This is just a wild guess but announcements are different than stickies so I'm guessing that they can't "unsticky" them (at least that's how it works on the invision board that I mod on)

Announcements are handled no different than stickies on phpBB. It's an edit of the original post to either unsticky or unannounce something.

Notorious atteSmythe,
who'd probably leave the announcements/stickies as-is for the above reason

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Mar 14, 2005 2:40:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

I'd unsticky them if I had some time, but it'll have to wait until I'm not so busy. I spent half an hour a month or so back taking some of them out but they then aren't findable easily, so I'll have to link them in an announcement/sticky thread or something.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Mar 14, 2005 2:44:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Dotan_

I like them remaining sticked etc.
Generally, the announcements and such are more fun to read over than the rest of the trash that gets thrown here. Come to think of it... I think I'll make a "notable threads" topic in shore leave that gathers all your favorite lockered threads together for fond memories...
Dotan
Mad Mutineers
[Mar 14, 2005 5:51:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Since when does 5 = 50??
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Aug 2, 2005 10:37:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lelantos
OceanMaster

A reminder: Please don't start threads in the Locker, and please don't continue posting in threads that are in the Locker. I'm watching you!
[Mar 25, 2006 10:15:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates