• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25945 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Silverstar

Cannon ideas... Reply to this Post

What about chainballs? They'd do more damage (Or, maybe have a chance of doing more damage, or do a random amount of additional damage), but would cost probably a little more than twice as much (and might be harder to load somehow?)

Also, large ships should be able to fire more canons. Sure, I can load 18 canons (I think?) on a war brig, but I can still only fire one a turn, right? It'd make sense that a war brig (something tht size) has a second cannonball slot in the battlenav screen - could be right below the first. Even larger ships should have more - they have more canons available to fire from than a smaller ship, so they in theory should be able to inflict more canon damage - at a cost of more balls being used, of course.
----------------------------------------
Silvermoon, First Mate, Silver Dragon Trading Company
Silverstar, Instructor, Puzzle Pirates Academy (retired)
[Nov 18, 2003 5:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/chirik    Chirik    yppSilvermoon [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Re: Cannon ideas... Reply to this Post

Great Idea!

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=7442&highlight=cannon+chain+broadside#7442
[Nov 18, 2003 5:52:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silverstar

Re: Cannon ideas... Reply to this Post

Darn it, you beat me to it. I remembered to search after posting my thoughts, and was gonna booch myself.
Silvermoon, First Mate, Silver Dragon Trading Company
Silverstar, Instructor, Puzzle Pirates Academy (retired)
[Nov 18, 2003 5:54:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/chirik    Chirik    yppSilvermoon [Link]  Go to top 
Ciderboy

bleh Reply to this Post

just checking out a posting of me own
Redviking, Gunner of ARR!
Guinness, Red Nemesis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Nov 23, 2003 1:39:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates