• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 377
Posts: 377   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 126659 times and has 376 replies Next Thread
Estam

Re: Grand Crafting Puzzle Project Discussion Reply to this Post

Does OOO already have a Construction concept or we can still propose?

EDIT: The foraging puzzle was just surprisingly quick...
----------------------------------------
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Estam at Sep 23, 2008 11:09:38 AM]
[Sep 23, 2008 11:08:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vahn280

twould love to never see a furnishing stall come into effect. For one reason it is the biggest stall and it requires the most labor 30 employees in the deluxe version and it is hard to get that many laborers without having to remind them to work.

Even if you made one there isn't a chair leg in everything you make or anything like that. Plenty of variation on furniture and to keep variation and supply up and demand down it would be better to not have another thing to add to a possible labor crisis *foraging*.

So please don't come up with one lol >.>
[Oct 13, 2008 9:50:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

That would be a bit counter to the design of the game as a whole. This is Puzzle Pirates, after all. Playing puzzles should be related to just about any in-game activity.
[Oct 17, 2008 11:52:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
halo_man331

I think there should be a team consturuction puzzle for building houses and stuff.
You could have a thing somewhat like carpentry
Like if you wanted to build a new tailor shop or an inn
Silverlegacy on All Malchite!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by halo_man331 at Nov 21, 2008 2:19:37 PM]
[Nov 21, 2008 2:18:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

There is now a summary page of all round 3 proposals. Found here.
Pletoo of Sage
[Dec 1, 2008 10:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halmuni_love

how do u join
i eally want to try
[Dec 2, 2008 1:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

There is now a summary page of all round 3 proposals. Found here.

Oh that is wonderful, thank you!

--Ember--
Furnishing Project - Gilthead
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
[Dec 3, 2008 2:51:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

*BUMP*

Any word yet on the decision for furnishing and the distribution of prizes for round 3, or the status of tailoring and weaving?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the furnisher broken into two (or more) shops* and multiple puzzles introduced. As a buyer, the amount of products available is tedious to scroll through and I know owners tend to specialize in order to keep enough goods on hand, which can make it hard to find the right item.

Foraging, CI, and rigging have all been fantastic releases and I don't mind the crafting puzzles being on a back burner, so to speak, especially since I am also hoping that the delay is due to a reworking of labor, but an update would be nice.

I also wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of Rabbitfish showing up as an expedition type (and there are quite a few other puzzles from the 3 rounds that I would love t see incorporated somewhere.)

What about construction? Is it still a possibility? (As far as I know, the GCPP, at least in the current format, is done.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The furnisher could be mostly the construction of objects such as the bench with back or the plain wardrobe. While another shop would add to those items and make things such as the couch or fancy wardrobe, for example. Pillows, tapestries, rugs, and other such items could become items found at the weavery instead. Yes, this would require work and forewarning of shop owners.
Pletoo of Sage
[May 3, 2009 11:27:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

*meeps*

`8{

I am getting anxious, I admit. Oh frell that I've been anxious for months, but I've been biting my tongue ;D

Um, I don't want to push for premature answers, but is it possible to get some estimate of how much longer we'll be waiting?

I'm much better at waiting when I know about how long to hold on...

--Ember--
Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[May 30, 2009 4:22:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

*meeps*

`8{

I am getting anxious, I admit. Oh frell that I've been anxious for months, but I've been biting my tongue ;D

Um, I don't want to push for premature answers, but is it possible to get some estimate of how much longer we'll be waiting?

I'm much better at waiting when I know about how long to hold on...

--Ember--

I have to admit that I was a bit excited tto see that the wiki was advertising the thread for feedback on another round to create the "final proposal".

Then I saw that the "call for feedback" was referring to December 8th of last year, more than 10 months ago. I realize that it takes time to implement the previous winners amongst other priorities, but I'm sure the creators involved in the contest would love to see how their entries from last year did.
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Sep 16, 2009 3:09:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jeff100

When is the puzzle gonna come out? and when are they gonna make a Carousing Skill Puzzle?
A TD Expert

Yuckah : Sage
[Nov 25, 2009 7:24:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

When is the puzzle gonna come out? and when are they gonna make a Carousing Skill Puzzle?
Three Rings have not revealed when they intend to release any of the new puzzles. The Grand Crafting Puzzle Project is not involved in the creation of Carousing Puzzles.
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Nov 28, 2009 6:46:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Graelym

Can we still design new puzzles, or is it over?
~Grae
[Nov 28, 2009 6:11:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

For now, the Grand Crafting Puzzle Project is dormant. When the time comes to design another crafting puzzle, it will be posted on these forums. In other words, watch this space.
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Nov 29, 2009 2:14:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jeff100

For now, the Grand Crafting Puzzle Project is dormant. When the time comes to design another crafting puzzle, it will be posted on these forums. In other words, watch this space.

Dormant? So that means it gonna take months until they think of putting it on Ypp??? ( i hope that Dormant dont last so long)
A TD Expert

Yuckah : Sage
[Dec 1, 2009 7:57:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

It has already taken that long. The code freeze for round 3 was a year ago now.

In the meantime they've implemented quite a few shiny new things, though, so it's not like "dormant" here means OOO is resting on their laurels.

--Ember--
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmberLeo at Dec 1, 2009 11:20:52 PM]
[Dec 1, 2009 11:19:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

So, the GCPP is as good as dead.

It's a shame that the GCPP never got off the ground. Lots of players put hard work into it with little reward - but for the few that had the glory of having their puzzle selected - and with a bit of follow through on OOO's end, we could have had a full set of crafting puzzles by now. Looking back though, it seems to me to be a project full of messes:

Round 1 picked the blacksmithing puzzle, which was a good puzzle that brought something new to the game. However, when it was implemented, OOO completely changed the emphasis of the puzzle, making a mockery of all the testing and improvement that went on in this forum.

Round 2 picked the weaving puzzle. It was deemed not good enough for the first round but it suddenly was good enough for round 2. Not exactly reassuring, but the weaving puzzle was an ok puzzle as it stood. Again, when implemented, big changes were made, most notably taking out the patterns. As a result, a lot of people see it as a bit of a random puzzle with regards to scoring well. Also in the second round, OOO initially asked for ideas for a multiplayer cooperative foraging or construction puzzle. Ideas were submitted before they changed their mind and released a single player foraging puzzle, not too dissimilar to existing puzzles, instead. Their foraging puzzle actually appeared quite soon (by their usual development time scales) after they asked for designs so why they asked for submissions in the first place, I'll never know. Of course, round 2 also picked a tailoring puzzle which never appeared.

Round 3 should have found a furnishing puzzle, but at the decision stage, nothing happened. No communication, no updates, still allowing people to continue to make suggestions when clearly they had no intent to continue with the project.

After all this time, to be updated with a Dev saying that this whole process isn't really a big part of getting a puzzle into the game is just rubbing salt into the wound. If it really was so trifling, why don't OOO just release prototypes of different puzzles themselves every few weeks onto Gamegardens to try and pick some new additions to the game?

Actually, since the weaving puzzle actually existed on Gamegardens before the GCPP started, the only thing that really came out of this was the blacksmithing puzzle. Ridiculous.

Maybe this forum should be closed now?
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bronzebeard at Apr 28, 2012 4:19:19 AM]
[Apr 28, 2012 4:18:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 377   Pages: 13   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates