• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 673 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Mackerel

Last updated Problem (WINXP) fix Reply to this Post

Hi,

I downloaded the lastest patch, but I then had some problems, which are as follows:

* I was in a sea battle and it went to swords, but I only had the pirate heads, and the thumb-nails of thier screens.

* This was also the case when I tried to have a normal sword fight, on land

*The graphics were also choopy, and the game stuttered alot.

This is how to fix it:

FIX...

Delete everything contained within in the ".yohoho" cache directory
for WinxP Pro (I think its the same for XP home) this is the directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\.yohoho

Hope this is of help to some of you pirates out there.
----------------------------------------
DarkViper
[Nov 14, 2003 6:14:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilewyn

The .yohoho folder Reply to this Post

Various glitches in the .yohoho folder have been blamed (and rightly so!) for plenty of problems. The issue is simple... the computer hardware isn't perfect, you _do_ get bit errors, and with 50 megs of media to go wrong...

My suggestion: Make a backup copy of your .yohoho folder when it's working, that way when you reconnect you don't need to re-download the entire media cache (useful for those of us on dialup connections, as it's a 2-3 hour download otherwise!)

Whenever you get a new media download/code download, refresh the update but keep one revision older copy as an emergency backup.

The location of the .yohoho folder varies depending on operating system and setup:

1. Windows XP: The easiest way to get to your .yohoho folder is by going to Start, then Run, then typing %userprofile% and hit enter. This opens the home directory for the user currently logged in.

2. Windows 95/98/ME (In single-user mode): Use the same procedure, but use %windir% instead, as the .yohoho folder is kept under the windows core folder (typically c:\windows\)

3. Linux (I've tested with RH9 and Debian): The .yohoho folder is under ~ ... not that you needed me to tell ye this. As it's a .folder, it'll be hidden from normal ls views (ls -la .yohoho)

I have no clue what the system-defined location is for Mac systems, though I suspect it's under ~ in OS X as it's a unix-kernel system.
----------------------------------------
Azure: Yvette, Lilewyn
Midnight: Yvette
Elsewhere: "Hey, you!"
[Nov 15, 2003 3:49:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.threerings.net [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates