• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2143 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Agon

Brontes Memo Gunning TOURNAMENTS

"Aggiecakes? Delivery's here. Shall I send her in?" Melaina asked dreamily.
"Oh, certainly. I've been expecting her."
"Right."

In walked Artemis, dressed in overalls and chewing either bubblegum or pink-flavoured tobacco.

"Arte! You've got my delivery for me?"
"Sure do. Lessee... I've got you down for the familiar, some trinkets, some renames, and four gunning boards."
"Four what? No, no, no, I ordered four raging hordes, not four gunning boards!"
"Well, it's what's on the list. You gotsa problem, you take it to Support@."
"But YOU'RE Support@."
"Isn't bureaucracy lovely?"

And so it was decided: There would be four tournaments, each for 10k and one "Make your own gunning board" kit. But since Agon's pulling the strings, we've striven to uncover the evillest settings possible. To wit:

To start with, at 5:30 PM PST on Thursday the 10th, a relatively non-evil tournament: Good old rumble, bare fists, best of 3. You do know how to rumble, don't you?

On Friday the 11th, again at 5:30 PM PST, we'll continue our downward spiral, this time playing treasure drop. One-minute turns, holes, fourth-round halved, and, naturally, best of 3.

On Saturday the 12th, from 3:30 PM PST onwards, I hope you'll join us when we dig out the sticks and, yet again, best of 3 ourselves into the ground.

And to top it all off, on Sunday the 13th, from 3:30 PM PST, you simply can't miss the evillest tournament of all: Drinking, with chalices, to 3000. Bring your pillows, this one might be an all-nighter! This one will not be best of 3... even I have my limits!

All tournaments will have a 50 PoE entry fee and a [strike]10k[/strike] winner-take-all top prize. Tournaments will go up on the tourney board a half-hour in advance of their posted start time. Good luck! (Top prize pots have been adjusted. See below for new figures!)

Also, keep an eye out for my demons and myself this weekend! We'll be celebrating the tournaments with some mischief on the Alpha docks, most likely in the half-hour before the tournaments. Come out and be sociable!

Note: Artemis didn't screw me over with these prizes or anything like that... she just had an "Oh, wouldn't it be cool if I gave you these..." moment, and I decided to put them in a tournament. The short story is just for color!

Edit: And if you have any questions, post here, or be in touch! You can PM me, track me down in-game (Agon), or use carrier pigeon. For more information on the Brontes Memorial Gunning Bakeoff, see the topic dedicated to the main event. :)
----------------------------------------
Agon (Eh-gon) n. Intense competition or rivalry.

"As you can see, my ship is purple. It has a reverse drop pattern." ~ Rhodin
[Edit 8 times, last edit by Agon at Aug 8, 2006 3:20:26 PM]
[Aug 7, 2006 6:52:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBlackOne

Re: Brontes Memo Gunning TOURNAMENTS

Agon wrote: 
"Aggiecakes? Delivery's here. Shall I send her in?" Melaina asked dreamily.

Oh come now, I called you Aggiekins, silly.

I look forward to seeing all the little sacrifices victims mortal folk out on the docks this weekend. Should be a grand ol' time. Who knows? Maybe if some of them dance for me long enough, I won't give them nightmares.....of course, that is a very, very large maybe.
Melaina - Agon's loyal demon cohort lovely assistant

Nightmares: Just another service I offer.

Welcome to Planked. Population: YOU.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TheBlackOne at Aug 7, 2006 10:00:58 PM]
[Aug 7, 2006 10:00:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Agon

This just in: We'll be increasing the pot pools of the various tournaments relative to their evil-ness. That is to say:

- "The Diet Coke of Evil", rumbling (Bare fists, best of 3), will be worth 10k
- "Still Pretty Wimpy", treasure drop (One-minute turns, holes, best of 3), will be worth 20k
- "Playfully Wicked", swordfighting (Sticks, best of 3), will be worth 30k.
- "Downright Masochistic", drinking (Chalices to 3000, best of 1) will be worth 40k.

So... you people coming or what? :)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Agon at Aug 8, 2006 3:20:47 PM]
[Aug 8, 2006 3:18:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Question, what flavour is pink? Is it like chicken or more of a beef or maybe a fruit?
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Aug 9, 2006 11:35:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBlackOne

Schmuck forum poster wrote: 
Question, what flavour is pink? Is it like chicken or more of a beef or maybe a fruit?

Answer: What a silly question! Everyone knows that pink tastes like the souls of babies.
Melaina - Agon's loyal demon cohort lovely assistant

Nightmares: Just another service I offer.

Welcome to Planked. Population: YOU.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TheBlackOne at Aug 9, 2006 1:06:30 PM]
[Aug 9, 2006 12:56:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Agon

Apologies, apologies!

Things have just gone horribly wrong tonight, and I take full responsibility. I didn't expect Hypnos to make the broadcast quite when he did, so I didn't have an /away message up in time, and as a result, a lot of people didn't get the information they requested on the bakeoff or tournaments. I've tried my best to trawl my logs for names and send /tells after the fact, but if I missed you, I'm sorry! It's nothing personal, I was just barraged with over 200 tells in 30 seconds flat, and that take a fair bit of time to mop up afterwards.

The tournament will run on schedule, though, and starts in just over 40 minutes. Good luck!

[Aug 10, 2006 4:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Agon

And congratulations to Sno (or whoever's alt Sno is) for winning the rumble tournament!

Tomorrow night: treasure drop for twice the pot!

[Aug 10, 2006 10:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Banpei

I have what is probably a stupid greenie question. How does one win a gunning board, and what does one do with it?
Went to check the yppedia, and it wasn't helpful.

--Graill on the Midnight Ocean
--Graill on the midnight ocean
Captain of Out for Blood
Prince of Trident
[Aug 11, 2006 8:21:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Agon

It's an assortment of furniture of the type you'd typically find on a gunning board.

[Aug 11, 2006 8:24:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Agon

Oh no! Ye booched it!

I put up a tournament up two hours earlier than I was supposed to. The tragedy! The horror! So tell you what... I'll give away my hat!

Because of a contingency fund, I've got some spare PoE to toss around. I also have a hat. So on schedule (3:30 Pirate Time), I'll be putting up another drinking tournament, same rules, with 20k and my hat as top prize. Jainasolo's also thrown some new clothing at me, and that'll be up for grabs too, since I'm out of gunning board bits and pieces. Sorry, kids!

If you want to get in on the big 40k one, GET TO AN INN! It's still happening, just a wee bit early.

[Aug 13, 2006 1:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates