• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3467 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Whitefire

Re: wel if I knew what it was I would say so: Social skills?

To you! Humor is based off of opinion; some people may find a joke funny others may grumble. To say a joke is "old" or not funny is a matter of opinion. I was actually referred to this thread because I was told it was funny. Whitefire, to say a joke is, "Not funny" just because you don't like it is a self-centered point of view. Obviously the people posted the greenie speak posts because they thought it was somewhat humorous. To me it seems like you are saying this to CYA, in which case I find your avatar is fitting.

When you say a joke over, and over, and over, and over and over, it loses it's humor. This "joke" pops up everytime someone with less than acceptable syntax and grammar posts. While at one point it may have been a carefully wielded joke that would pprovide not only humor but also a point, it's now a bludgeon that people carry around these forums and use for a cheap smile wiithout any regard to the situation. It's a thoughtlesss, brainless attempt at humor that I'm sure you kids like nowadays.

Whitefire
Curious what tone people will read this in.
[Aug 4, 2006 6:06:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

What bothers me is people who find a kind of action deplorable and then commit themselves to that same action. I know that the sole reason behind acting that way is to mock someone they perceive as weak. If you're going to pick a fight with someone, at least have the decency to pick a fight with someone you think can fight back, like Whitey or myself.
[Aug 4, 2006 6:49:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

What bothers me is people who find a kind of action deplorable and then commit themselves to that same action. I know that the sole reason behind acting that way is to mock someone they perceive as weak. If you're going to pick a fight with someone, at least have the decency to pick a fight with someone you think can fight back, like Whitey or myself.
Hey, Shur, Ship Decay sucks!

/em rolls for initiative
----------------------------------------
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Aug 4, 2006 6:51:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

To you! Humor is based off of opinion; some people may find a joke funny others may grumble. To say a joke is "old" or not funny is a matter of opinion. I was actually referred to this thread because I was told it was funny. Whitefire, to say a joke is, "Not funny" just because you don't like it is a self-centered point of view. Obviously the people posted the greenie speak posts because they thought it was somewhat humorous. To me it seems like you are saying this to CYA, in which case I find your avatar is fitting.

When you say a joke over, and over, and over, and over and over, it loses it's humor. This "joke" pops up everytime someone with less than acceptable syntax and grammar posts. While at one point it may have been a carefully wielded joke that would pprovide not only humor but also a point, it's now a bludgeon that people carry around these forums and use for a cheap smile wiithout any regard to the situation. It's a thoughtlesss, brainless attempt at humor that I'm sure you kids like nowadays.

Whitefire
Curious what tone people will read this in.

HAY WHITEY! sense u rn't in fondu-go ne moar, wud u liek 2 jone mai cru? k?
[Aug 4, 2006 8:03:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Because you want to be Alec1000?
[Aug 5, 2006 12:52:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates