• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2658 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
killerdiller

What is the #1 crew on Midnight and who is the Capt?

Just wondering cause I have never been on Midnight. Does the #1 crew change a bunch or have they been there for a while?
----------------------------------------
Willelmus
Former Capt of Serial Pillagers
Royal and Bnavver
Art of War
[Aug 1, 2006 3:18:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: What is the #1 crew on Midnight and who is the Capt?

We tend to value crews by quality rather than by fame rankings.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 1, 2006 3:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Well, by quality, its my crew! And Im the cap'n!
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Aug 1, 2006 3:42:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killerdiller

ok then in your opinion who is the #1 and which crew has the highest fame rating on Midnight.
Willelmus
Former Capt of Serial Pillagers
Royal and Bnavver
Art of War
[Aug 1, 2006 4:38:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drusilla

Cupcake Inquisition: "We've Got Quiglin!"
I just so happen to be the captain. >.>
Avast! Jesus were a leopard.
[Aug 1, 2006 4:48:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    drusilla_ypp    raspberryjamdeg [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Midnight crew fame lists can be found here.

There are a lot of quality crews with an excellent reputation.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 1, 2006 4:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elsquido

Every Midnighter should be able to post their own crew name here and feel like they're telling the truth (based on whatever qualities they think are worth ranking to get a #1 out of). If that's not the case, consider looking for another crew.

Note: Every Midnighter except my crewmates will be wrong, but that's another story ;)
Squido!
Rotating avatars by Arshiss, Dian, Empanado, KingPriam, Raquaetta, SCURVYSOO, Shortyjack, Squido.
[Aug 1, 2006 4:59:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mariciram

Sweetie's right, fame does not show who the *best* crew is. Both Don't ask to port and Klingon Warriors have been in the #1 spot for long stretches recently. (although, I must say those Datp mates are truly the best *winks*)

The best crew is one you have fun in, and one where you're friends with the mates in it. I think in another thread someone said the crew to join is the one whose members would be on your hearty list if they weren't all crewmates already--this is very true.

If you're looking for the best crew (for you), do some searching, job with the various crews, chat up their officers, and see which one fits you best. There are *many* great crews and flags on Midnight. Good luck finding one that suits you!
Marici
[Aug 1, 2006 5:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rbbarker

Well, by quality, its my crew! And Im the cap'n!

Peglegpaul...I trust this man. He has a throne with a foot bath for Pete's sake!!!
Baldo
now retired
[Aug 2, 2006 5:38:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DavidJames

Squido wrote: 
Note: Every Midnighter except my crewmates will be wrong, but that's another story ;)

Now now, Squid. We both know that the Marauders have a pretty good reputation as well. =P
Sanpedro,

Seething.
[Aug 2, 2006 5:53:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Feegle

Squido wrote: 

Now now, Squid. We both know that the Marauders have a pretty good reputation as well. =P

I'm glad we're finally being recognized oceanwide.
- Feegs

Senior Officer of the Ransack Marauders, Midnight Ocean
Disciple of Artemis
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Feegle at Aug 2, 2006 6:30:12 AM]
[Aug 2, 2006 6:30:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://feegle.mathninja.com    jeffmahood    FeeglePoet [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Squido wrote: 

I'm glad we're finally being recognized oceanwide.

Yeah, these guys are pretty good.

They do lose out a bit in the Leifiness category though.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Aug 2, 2006 6:57:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

WILLEY'S COYOTIES is the #1 crew. At least in my mind.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by drc500free at Aug 2, 2006 7:12:57 AM]
[Aug 2, 2006 7:12:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

Cupcake Inquisition: "We've Got Quiglin!"
I just so happen to be the captain. >.>

You cannot argue with this.
[Aug 2, 2006 7:45:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

I can say that the Phoeys get enough Leif-ness right now - if he was any more, I may vomit.
Bendeall (Bo, if you know me)

Captain, Phoenicians. Related to teh BSBizzle.

Somewhat hostile, and not very helpful

http://boomytunes.serverroom.us:7660

Tune in, Rock out. Sometimes.
[Aug 2, 2006 7:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

I can say that the Phoeys get enough Leif-ness right now - if he was any more, I may vomit.

You take that back!!!!
[Aug 2, 2006 7:48:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

WILLEY'S COYOTIES is the #1 crew. At least in my mind.

I personaly have allways loved the coyoties. Their my faveorite animal, and they're really fun to pvp to. kthx.

Edit: this needed to be added:
Dictionary.com wrote: 
No entry found for coyoties.
Did you mean cooties?

Chrisspy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Aug 2, 2006 12:55:19 PM]
[Aug 2, 2006 12:53:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

I'ma go ahead and assert that Stuyvesant is both the #1 crew AND Captain on Midnight.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Aug 2, 2006 1:43:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

You're no captain. And I will NOT take what I said about Leif back. I think i'd weigh about 10 pounds if he was in my crew, i'd just be up-chucking all day long.
Bendeall (Bo, if you know me)

Captain, Phoenicians. Related to teh BSBizzle.

Somewhat hostile, and not very helpful

http://boomytunes.serverroom.us:7660

Tune in, Rock out. Sometimes.
[Aug 2, 2006 1:47:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

Crew Awesomeness Index = (Fame * (Percentage of Day There is a Pillage) * Officers/(Cabin People)) + (sum(SO Humor) * sum(SO Bnav Standing))^(Captain's Enthusiasm) + (Pirates Ranked Pirate) + 1 Per Shoppe - 10 Per Mate That Plays Poker in Inns

Crews with Special Unique Qualities get bonuses.
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Grayside at Aug 2, 2006 1:59:14 PM]
[Aug 2, 2006 1:53:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Crew Awesomeness Index = (Fame * (Percentage of Day There is a Pillage) * Officers/(Cabin People)) + (sum(SO Humor) * sum(SO Bnav Standing))^(Captain's Enthusiasm) + (Pirates Ranked Pirate) + 1 Per Shoppe - 10 Per Mate That Plays Poker in Inns

Well gee, I think that puts my crew pretty far into the negatives. *sniff*
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Aug 2, 2006 2:42:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

7*.20*34/31+(133+31)^7+15+2-2+1=3.19x10^15

percentage of day there is a pillage found very technically. Took the avg duration of battles over the last week and found the average of those (9 min and 49 sec) then found the average # of battles per day (21) so that makes us in battle on average 4 hrs and 45 min every day, or about 20% (which is low... our 2 main pillagers, me and hubby been packing to move, lol)

Since SO humor and SO bnav standing were kinda put together, i did them on a 7 point scale, 7 being ult, 0 being able. Yes, they all received Ultimate in humor because they make me pee my pants multiple times a day. Bnav wasn't as great... too many lazy booties that have yet to do much bnav since the stat came... sheesh.

The +1 at the end for special bonuses is because if you watch our crew chat 99% of the time you would probably think we are on crack.

Now, I would like to propose some additions to the formula. One is to take the final answer and divide it by 10 for every mate in crew that spends time at the forums, especially parley, lol. Also, divide by 10 again for wasting the time to be such a dork to even compute these silly numbers. With those additions our new CAI (Crew Awesomeness Index) is 3.19x10^13

Edit, one of my smart SO's told me we should take off for crew mates that frequently are muted by multiple officers, so I'm going to go ahead and divide by 10 4 times for 4 of those pesky ones that have managed not to be expeled yet.
New score= 3.19x10^9

:)
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by tarajayne at Aug 2, 2006 5:57:45 PM]
[Aug 2, 2006 5:16:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cutepoe

Not from Midnight but i do visit ocasionally:D. There was this one specific crew i really remembered. I think a great crew is one with a strong capn and cheerful mates ps loyal ones not ones who steal from the stock >=P... can't quite remember the name that crew began with a...
<<<D@nce£ova>>>
[Aug 2, 2006 5:27:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lbm

Not from Midnight but i do visit ocasionally:D. There was this one specific crew i really remembered. I think a great crew is one with a strong capn and cheerful mates ps loyal ones not ones who steal from the stock >=P... can't quite remember the name that crew began with a...

Mmmmmice? Mice of Vengeance! yarrr! Okay, probably not... but they are a great crew and Mousebeard is an awesome mate! (When he's not hoarding all the cheese and cookies) And I know I am biased. *wink*

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Aug 2, 2006 5:56:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Y'all seriously THIS BORED?

There's already been one of these.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Aug 3, 2006 12:45:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kah_less

#1 crew for each of us really depends on what you are looking from the game. Some like to play the parlor games, other are merchants then you have the hard core pillagers.

I am honored by the mates of my crew and the fun atmosphere they provide each time i loggon, so to me obviously the Warriors is the #1 crew in the ocean (not only in fame but as people also). Others will probably hate my crew and go somewher else, it's all a matter of opinion.
[Aug 3, 2006 7:29:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

Fannon wrote: 

Well gee, I think that puts my crew pretty far into the negatives. *sniff*

Yeah, bored still.

White Wynds Special Qualities:

+10 for Tiny on Purpose
+3.5 for a Royal
+Pie, Cake, & Two Cookies for CT

That's gotta be.. something.. I was jobbed there once and it was certainly at least a 1. Shur spoke words to me. Multiple ones.

Hm.. cookies.
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grayside at Aug 3, 2006 12:53:38 PM]
[Aug 3, 2006 12:52:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

Phoenix Warriors! Lots of licking-action. =P

*goes back to sleep*

-Celestial
[Art Commissions - Closed][DeviantArt]
[Aug 3, 2006 4:38:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates