• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2480 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
juventus1

Because A Tiger Can't Change Its Stripes

And to think that I actually made a pact with myself not to be an ass after this blockade. But people apparently can't take compliments, so I'm switching back to insults. Well, just goes to show, a tiger can't change its stripes. Enjoy.

So long and thanks for all three fish,
so sad that it has come to this,
we tried to warn you all but oh dear,

You do not share our intellect,
which might explain your disrespect,
for all the VanGuarders who always beat you,

So long, so long, and thanks for all three fish

Palace furniture's about to be destroyed,
no point in getting all annoyed,
lie back and let your frigates dissolve around you,
despite those one or two small fleets,
we thought that most of you were sweet,
especially tiny greenies
and your pregnant women!

So long so long so long so long
So long so long and thanks for all three fish!

If I had just one last wish,
I'd like a decent blockade,
if we could just change one thing
we would all drink lemonade!

Come on and all,
Man and monster
Side by side in Viridian's jobber pool....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
so long so long so long so long
so long so long, and thanks for all the fissssshhhhh!
----------------------------------------
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by juventus1 at Jul 31, 2006 10:56:58 AM]
[Jul 31, 2006 10:55:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Re: Because A Tiger Can't Change Its Stripes

/em claps

Being right the baddy is always more fun.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Jul 31, 2006 11:14:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Because after all, every family needs an uncle Des to make the entire flag's previous civil efforts look useless.

Get a new hobby. You're the only one complaining.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Jul 31, 2006 11:41:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Wouldn't you be bitter if you couldn't get a decent pvp battle in because the enemy ran away everytime?

7 Pirates from Chosen True on the Sloop 'Sensitive Cod' attacked 64 Pirates from Outrageous on the Grand Frigate 'Little Salmon'.

Outrageous disengaged.

And then came the taunts from your flagmates former flagmates, accompanied by plenty of +*+...you get the idea. Not to mention all the lovely messages you lot left our members in the palace, the bazaars, etc.

So damn straight I'm not going to take it sitting down.

Civil efforts...kinda like you guys offering a truce?

I still think it was a damn fine blockade. I still applaud you guys for your efforts. I still respect some of you, as I always have. And I still think some of you are complete morons, as I always have. So really, chill out, and don't panic.

Des,
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by juventus1 at Jul 31, 2006 12:34:27 PM]
[Jul 31, 2006 12:14:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Jul 31, 2006 12:34:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

You've got to love how your flaggies leave after getting sunk once or twice and are going to come back when the war is over.

You know, you could just expel all crews but an alt crew and restore the flag when the war is over.
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Jul 31, 2006 1:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
r_nevermind

Wouldn't you be bitter if you couldn't get a decent pvp battle in because the enemy ran away everytime?

Des,

Kinda like this one?

and this one..

Calais was navving that one, boys and girls.
~Mergen - Captain- Ira Deorum; Queen- Regnum Irae

Cheers to Nordenx (and Framling!) for the avatar!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by r_nevermind at Jul 31, 2006 1:40:58 PM]
[Jul 31, 2006 1:34:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benDOTc

Wow, and to think, up until now, this had been such a good chapter of the Vanguard - Req/SX conflict. And then someone (or someones -- i certainly am not close enough to either side to know exactly what's going on internally) has gotta come along and barnacle it all up.

As fer the disengages, what the hell do ye have to tart about? Ye can't catch 'em? Just like war's a part of the game, so are disengages.

Less tarting, more glubbing!
Benjideblade, Captain and Wench of Still of the Night
Lord of the flag Sea Change
Viridian Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by benDOTc at Jul 31, 2006 1:53:16 PM]
[Jul 31, 2006 1:50:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.stillofthenight.org    bendotc    bendotc    1926124 [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

As fer the disengages, what the hell do ye have to tart about? Ye can't catch 'em? Just like war's a part of the game, so are disengages.

Less tarting, more glubbing!
Agreed. If you can't finish the job (on either side!), then quit whining and reengage.

And play nice. Whatever happened to the chat circle/handshake after a sink that I remember from back in the day? Seems like more proof this game's changed more than I thought it had.

Sinking is FUN. Have FUN. Stop tarting and have FUN. =P
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jul 31, 2006 1:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TianX9

Ugh. That was really uncalled for.

I support Vanguard, and always have. However, I don't see why you have to stir up trouble when there's so obviously no reason to do so. Sure, the +-+-+-+- people weren't happy with losing, and weren't as graceful as possible about it: That's one thing. But to win ungracefully is truly despicable.
(read: the type of thing I'd expect from a lot of Viridian's ultimate SFers).
[Jul 31, 2006 2:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
r_nevermind

As a matter of fact, I wasn't jobbing on the ship that went after Calais. I was with Antix when he sank Lady Vengeance, instead. He says he had cruddy sailors. I can respect disengaging when he was at a disadvantage.

I love glubbing, it's tons of FUN. I'm always willing to job onto a crew that's going after some glubbage action.

As for the war, SX has offered a truce, OG has left VG until it's over...

Good navving everyone, let's do it some more. The blockade was a heck of a lot of fun, the resulting war will be too...for a week.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by r_nevermind at Jul 31, 2006 2:27:19 PM]
[Jul 31, 2006 2:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Magus_M

I dont believe Vanguard won ungracefully either, I think the problem comes from a certain self-proclaimed forum representative of the flag that just likes to keep throwing stones at their opponents. While the 'pointing and laughing' might be a bit of poor sportsmanship, I think it's only fair that when your opponents have such a huge mouth, you should take the smallest of mistakes and turn it into a tidal wave of humiliation.
MacGreggor, Mostly retired.
-
Scupperer wrote: 
Mac, you got it tough; no one appreciates the hard work and time you put into the game...

-
Jolyma wrote: 
Oh wait....I've been doing Mac's GF's already....

[Jul 31, 2006 2:33:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

I dont believe Vanguard won ungracefully either, I think the problem comes from a certain self-proclaimed forum representative of the flag that just likes to keep throwing stones at their opponents. While the 'pointing and laughing' might be a bit of poor sportsmanship, I think it's only fair that when your opponents have such a huge mouth, you should take the smallest of mistakes and turn it into a tidal wave of humiliation.

Desmagicus. Side-kick of Molerman!
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Jul 31, 2006 2:38:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Read the Terra Palace message that was left. And don't pretend you have if you haven't. Do it. Then try to have any basis for an argument, whatsoever.

EDIT: And until you know the entire story, including what the misinformed, downright stupid people on your side are saying in unsolicited /tells, you are better off staying out of it entirely.

Oh, looky here, Outrageous left SX. Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot. I think you'll be getting along just fine.
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by juventus1 at Jul 31, 2006 3:03:11 PM]
[Jul 31, 2006 2:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Magus_M

Uhm, yeah, people on my side....when's the last time I was a member of Star Explorers?
MacGreggor, Mostly retired.
-
Scupperer wrote: 
Mac, you got it tough; no one appreciates the hard work and time you put into the game...

-
Jolyma wrote: 
Oh wait....I've been doing Mac's GF's already....

[Jul 31, 2006 3:07:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Since when is everything about you, Mac?
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jul 31, 2006 3:12:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
r_nevermind

About the time someone decided you should continue posting, Des.

[Jul 31, 2006 3:21:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

*hugs* Cant we all just get along? =P

I understand Des and his frustrations. Are there rude tells going on? Yes. Are people harassing VG flag members and allies for helping? Yes. Is the main person doing this head of a flag? Yes. Is this the same person that posted the hate messages in the palace? Yes.

Des, I love you hun, always have and always will and I appreciate you for standing up for the flag and letting it be known that there was not a congrats given by many members of SX. But at the same time, there were many members that have been fantastic, so I will give SX and their allies credit for that. Do I think that a certain leader needs to stop harrassing my flag and its allies for helping? Yes, I do, but I am not going to group the whole flag with a handful of people that have been nothing but rude.

People need to understand that there is a lot below the surface that happens and yes this is the place to complain, but at the same time Des isnt totally wrong here. For those of you who think that SX has been perfectly gracious, you are mistaken. In fact, their leader has been the one causing the most problems and being the worst loser I have ever seen. If you want to yell at someone, yell at me, I dont care, I cant handle it. But leave my friends out of this. If they want to come and nav let them. If they want to do a /fb, let them, if they want to job for us when their flag is with the other side, let them. The way this game is structured allows people to develop real friendships and that in my eyes will go deeper than any politics. The day that a certain someone firgures this out, is the day that her flag might be more successful.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Jul 31, 2006 5:17:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Personally the thing that really struck me in this thread was the belittling comments towards the war. I love my flaggies, but when i went 68 turns against Nemor and Jew, i was getting one token a turn at some points.

I even ran at times to lengths that appeared i was disengaging, but nobody sent me /tells confronting me and i always circled back to fight. Long story short, we both ran out of shot.

I haven't seen the messages left in the palace. If somebody could please send me a PM with the messages, i'd much appreciate it. Calais, Ochubb and Bigbertha all know why the truce was offered, and Calais was formally asked not to accept it.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Jul 31, 2006 5:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirugameshi

Some people has a very short memory. When Vanguard (or Calais, whatever, don't get the argument down only cause of wording) decided they wouldn't defend Terra, our nice new ruler of the word (still talking about Calais here) ripped off all the palace's furniture (yeah, that's a well-known and already too much discussed story I know). But what is less-known is that he also left very nifty message all across the palace (don't ask me to write them down here, I didn't want to injure the man and write down something that was (I hope) written when he was drunk), and on the Island notice board.

And as pointed earlier by someone else, once again OG has left their flag for the time of war. The game mechanics allow it. It also allows to disengage. Fair and simple.

In short, Desmagicus, you should start by looking at your own flaw before pointing to other.
-Rubis
+*+*+*Star Ocean Apart+*+*+*
Viridian Ocean
[Jul 31, 2006 9:21:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinthanius

The game mechanics clearly allows for the palace to be deleted and remodeled. To bad I was caught in the middle of remodeling and couldn't finish the job. Also which remarks did I leave in the palace, cause to my memory I didn't leave any.
-Calais
[Jul 31, 2006 10:52:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
r_nevermind

I honestly never saw whether Calais left notes in the palace or not, but, whoever had it last week apparently left little notes for Calais. Now, I don't agree with Vanguard politics, at all, but I think it was tacky and down-right rude to leave nasty little notes in the palace news.

[Aug 1, 2006 10:44:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

The game mechanics clearly allows for the palace to be deleted and remodeled. To bad I was caught in the middle of remodeling and couldn't finish the job. Also which remarks did I leave in the palace, cause to my memory I didn't leave any.

I look forward to seeing the finished job then.
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Aug 1, 2006 1:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates