• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 105
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10072 times and has 104 replies Next Thread
shunyata

Re: Pearl of Great price

I'm quite inclined to hunt this guy down.. But I don't know his name..
[Aug 3, 2006 5:30:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackthedoboy

you know most people that trie to be a jerk to me add some kind of valid argument. nah why do that? u just said something very stupid. until you bring me proof that jesus is not the messiah, i willl tell people, through hell and/or high waters until i am physically phorced to stop. There is nothing you can say to take me away from this life. there is nothing u can do to keep me from telling the truth. so quit trying.

The more hostile you get, the more you lose your potential converts. Just saying.

Also, if you're trying to make a logical argument here, it's not working. Part of what you're saying here seems to be "My religion is true because you haven't given me proof that it's not." That's not the way it works, unfortunately. If you want to get into truths, then you have to prove yourself that what you believe is true. Otherwise, all religions are automatically true, which is confusing.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that proofs have no place in religion. It's what you believe. Clearly you believe in this, and that's great! You stand up for what you believe. But you're not going to help yourself by talking about truths and proofs.

That's my $0.02, and I'm not spending any more on this thread.

you know most people that trie to be a jerk to me add some kind of valid argument. nah why do that? u just said something very stupid. until you bring me proof that jesus is not the messiah, i willl tell people, through hell and/or high waters until i am physically phorced to stop. There is nothing you can say to take me away from this life. there is nothing u can do to keep me from telling the truth. so quit trying.

The more hostile you get, the more you lose your potential converts. Just saying.

Also, if you're trying to make a logical argument here, it's not working. Part of what you're saying here seems to be "My religion is true because you haven't given me proof that it's not." That's not the way it works, unfortunately. If you want to get into truths, then you have to prove yourself that what you believe is true. Otherwise, all religions are automatically true, which is confusing.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that proofs have no place in religion. It's what you believe. Clearly you believe in this, and that's great! You stand up for what you believe. But you're not going to help yourself by talking about truths and proofs.

Sorry if i get a bit hostile at times, its human nature to do to others what theyve done on to me. trust me im not the only one bein hostile here. however i do apologize for not turning the other cheek like i should have. My point was not that i believe because they havent proved me wrong. my point was that they are making really lame arguments and acting like im an idiot for having beliefs.
----------------------------------------
Jackthedoboy on the sage, Bigjesusfeak on the virdian.
[Aug 3, 2006 8:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackthedoboy

Alright. So Christianity IS the one true religion. Let's just say.
How would you know? From a book?The Bible
Who's the author?Many people who where there to witness the things i talk about
Who knew?who knew what?try to speak in compleat sentences
I could make a religion off of a Comic Book if I wanted to and more people would join my religion than yours.Thats because yer religon would be sugar coated and glossed over with things that people like to hear. People dont like hearing the truth unless it makes them feel good. Its not good to hear that yer going to hell. people dont like knowing that they cant just waltz through life. i dont CARE if people share in my beliefs. My beliefs are truth. hard truth, sometimes sad.
I'd like you to show me some photographic or video proof that Christianity is the one true religion.
You know i cant do that but there is plenty of proof that the bible is true. There is a certain tomb in Israiel, (empty) that is alot like the one described in the bible. Sea shells have been found in dry, landlocked, countries, sometimes at the top of mountains. I used to live in a small town outside Phoenix arizona, and we found sea shellson the dry dirt ground. i dont have time to list many proofs of bible storys, but i can say there is plenty of it.
[Aug 3, 2006 8:39:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackthedoboy

Also, The Pearl of Great Price, is one of the sacred books that Morman's believe in. I just found it odd that you would name a non-demonimational church after a title so closely knit to a demonination.

listen we are not mormon because mormons believe jesus was only a man. The "Pearl of Great Price" is also a parable jesus told in THE BIBLE not some mormon book thats literally been changed 300 times.

must admit, this is funny, but trust me, im callin the kettle black because theres still a difference between the two.Mormons may be similar to christians but are different in twice as many ways
[Aug 3, 2006 8:42:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackthedoboy

I live in the big brown house on the side of the hill, you cant miss it.ill be waiting for you on the front porch.
[Aug 3, 2006 8:44:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Sea shells have been found in dry, landlocked, countries, sometimes at the top of mountains.

Which can be explained with science you know. Land masses moving and such.

Can we get this lockered please? The first post I could deal with, but now he's preaching at us whether we like it or not.

As a Celtic Pagan I find it offensive.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Aug 3, 2006 8:49:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shunyata

I live in the big brown house on the side of the hill, you cant miss it.ill be waiting for you on the front porch.

You have a long name Mr. Porch.
[Aug 3, 2006 9:10:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
r_nevermind

I tend to agree with Phoenix on this one. The first post was fine, but it's gone to the point of offending many people. I vote for lockering.
~Mergen - Captain- Ira Deorum; Queen- Regnum Irae

Cheers to Nordenx (and Framling!) for the avatar!
[Aug 3, 2006 9:58:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Sea shells have been found in dry, landlocked, countries, sometimes at the top of mountains.

Which can be explained with science you know. Land masses moving and such.

Can we get this lockered please? The first post I could deal with, but now he's preaching at us whether we like it or not.

As a Celtic Pagan I find it offensive.

I think part of the problem is that some people refuse to be and let be. And others feel the need to defend the things they believe in.

However, this thread does not force itself to be read.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Aug 3, 2006 11:54:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

its human nature to do to others what theyve done on to me

Didn't someone say to forgive is divine. I think Jesus was his name. I dunno, it may have been from some movie.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Aug 4, 2006 5:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

To err is human, to forgive is divine? I think.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Aug 4, 2006 5:58:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
metalnicka

The OMs are the true Gods here. We have to worship Poseidon or he'll give us bad weather at sea, etc etc.
Panteraa is drinking and might be too busy to respond.
Formerly of Sage Ocean/Free Harmonica Lessons/Tea and Strumpets.
Lovely avatar courtesy of the lovely Tilinka.
[Aug 4, 2006 6:27:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Lies. I'm still waiting for that Storm/Weather update, it's supposedly on The List.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Aug 4, 2006 6:58:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackthedoboy

its human nature to do to others what theyve done on to me

Didn't someone say to forgive is divine. I think Jesus was his name. I dunno, it may have been from some movie.

idk if he said that but either way, yes we need to forgive, thats why i apologized for being so hostile in responce to the pure critisism certain people have given me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jackthedoboy at Aug 4, 2006 7:06:48 AM]
[Aug 4, 2006 7:04:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jackthedoboy

The OMs are the true Gods here. We have to worship Poseidon or he'll give us bad weather at sea, etc etc.

1. You know, you shouldent say that, its blasphemy. 2.Poseidon is just some guy who gets payed to make sure people behave right. 3, you cant get bad weather in Y!PP, unless you mean a buncha those whirlpool things
[Aug 4, 2006 7:10:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates