• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4575 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
NewMadHatter

Skellie hunters! Attention!

I noticed there is a entire thread devoted to people hunting skellies on the islands. Skellie hunters, hmm, island skellies are to easy these days in my book. The real skellies are aboard the black ship. I know it can be beat. A maxed grand frigate 159 players grandmaster and up, not exactly easy to fill out for a suicide mission but if you think of it there is nothing to lose, as long as we dont have the ship stocked with nothing but a bit of rum. I want to be one of the first to say we have done the "impossible". Anyone else interisted? Let me know here. Please post seriously with comments or suggestions, feel free to critic but only seriously.
Captain Unitnine
----------------------------------------
Unitnine on Viridian
Captain of the crew "Axe Gang"
King of the flag "Devils Destroyers"
[Jul 26, 2006 11:00:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Re: Skellie hunters! Attention!

You wouldn't be the first, just the first on this current version of the black ship.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Jul 26, 2006 11:40:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

I noticed there is a entire thread devoted to people hunting skellies on the islands. Skellie hunters, hmm, island skellies are to easy these days in my book. The real skellies are aboard the black ship. I know it can be beat. A maxed grand frigate 159 players grandmaster and up, not exactly easy to fill out for a suicide mission but if you think of it there is nothing to lose, as long as we dont have the ship stocked with nothing but a bit of rum. I want to be one of the first to say we have done the "impossible". Anyone else interisted? Let me know here. Please post seriously with comments or suggestions, feel free to critic but only seriously.
Captain Unitnine

Had same idea, exact idea to be fully correct. Click.
Just scratch the idea like I did. :)
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Jul 26, 2006 12:19:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NewMadHatter

You wouldn't be the first, just the first on this current version of the black ship.

When they defeated it, it hardly counted seeing as there were only 8 skellies.
Unitnine on Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by NewMadHatter at Jul 26, 2006 12:57:13 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 12:56:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Toppyhopp

i'd be happy to give it a go, if a bunch of greenies can defeat 5-6 skellies without teaming, then i'm sure we could defeat the whole lot. (i hardly play on viridian, so my standing is only able, is that still ok?)
Toppyhopp

Now Avaliable in all Flavours.
[Jul 26, 2006 1:03:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NewMadHatter

perhaps, i will be willing to take pirates of all ranks xcept i will take higher ranks over lower.
Unitnine on Viridian
[Jul 26, 2006 1:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chewonka

If you will do it, then count me in, however, take in consideration with the ones you job, the swords they use ;)

_____

Chewonka
SO of the crew Dragons Breath

Lets cook that Pollo!
[Jul 26, 2006 9:30:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

Count me in mate.
Benzene265 said

I can't see anyone naming their pirate Ghyslaine, but I certainly hope that if there is a Japanese Rhodin someday, he or she remains blonde and well-tanned.

[Jul 27, 2006 2:08:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Since this is Parley - not events, I can freely say this.

You're an idiot. The idea isn't original, not even close to. It's been done before, multiple times and you know what, response is still the same now as it was then.

THE BLACKSHIP IS A PUNISHMENT.

That's right, a punishment. You're not SUPPOSED to be able to beat it, you're not supposed to SEE it if you play fairly. There's nothing on it for you to win ANYWAY, and if you do happen to beat it, then the devs will only do the exact same thing they did every OTHER time it was beaten.

Make it harder to beat. Make it WORSE.

Get a life, and get your event out of Parley if you don't want to feel the burn.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jul 27, 2006 2:13:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

You're an idiot. The idea isn't original, not even close to. It's been done before, multiple times and you know what, response is still the same now as it was then.

That's right, a punishment. You're not SUPPOSED to be able to beat it, you're not supposed to SEE it if you play fairly. There's nothing on it for you to win ANYWAY, and if you do happen to beat it, then the devs will only do the exact same thing they did every OTHER time it was beaten.

Get a life, and get your event out of Parley if you don't want to feel the burn.

Aw cmon Rose..

It'll be fun
Benzene265 said

I can't see anyone naming their pirate Ghyslaine, but I certainly hope that if there is a Japanese Rhodin someday, he or she remains blonde and well-tanned.

[Jul 27, 2006 3:48:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
Ivanovsky

Aw cmon Rose..

It'll be fun

She's right though
Ivanovsky, semi-retired pirate
Former Captain of Scourges of Seven Seas
Former Prince of New World Order
Former Prince of Dragon Lords
Proud pirate of the Viridian Ocean
[Jul 27, 2006 4:04:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

Aw cmon Rose..

It'll be fun

She's right though

Awww c'mon Ivan it'll be fun.
Benzene265 said

[Jul 27, 2006 4:16:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Mosteel, shut up and stop being an idiot. Phoe just got through explaining that it's not supposed to be enjoyable.

I heartily endorse whoever's idea it was in GD to make the Blackship battle 50 turns long, no disengages, just sit there, and stare at the screen. Then lose all your commods/money. And maybe drop all your stats to Able, too.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jul 27, 2006 5:54:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Aw cmon Rose..

It'll be fun

The name's not Rose. It's Phoenix. Says so right there at the bottom of all of my posts.

And no, it will NOT be "fun" losing everything on the ship bar 5 rum is NEVER "fun" especially when you come out of it with max damage and bilge.

I know what'd be "fun" though. You go get yourself blackshipped, with an active war on your flag. Then I'll come along and sink your grandfrigate. Doeesn't THAT sound like fun?

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jul 27, 2006 6:59:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NewMadHatter

Um hmm.... darling your obviously missing the point entirely. That fact that I am not supposed to is exactly why I am doing it, I have done everything else a milion bilion times, this is all thats left. And I hope they make it harder! I would like to see how. Anyways, you need a life my friend, prowling around the parley to make rude comment to those who have done you no harm. By the way, a intelligent reader would have read the fact that we would only have a bit of rum on the ship and nothing else. AND WHY WOULD WE DO THIS IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR!? Desmagicus it won't be 50 turns long, they max you and instantly grapple you. Agh, put thought into your posts for god sakes.
Unitnine on Viridian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by NewMadHatter at Jul 27, 2006 7:14:25 AM]
[Jul 27, 2006 7:09:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jewel944

Aw cmon Rose..

It'll be fun

The name's not Rose. It's Phoenix. Says so right there at the bottom of all of my posts.

And no, it will NOT be "fun" losing everything on the ship bar 5 rum is NEVER "fun" especially when you come out of it with max damage and bilge.

I know what'd be "fun" though. You go get yourself blackshipped, with an active war on your flag. Then I'll come along and sink your grandfrigate. Doeesn't THAT sound like fun?

That does sound like fun .
Jewelangel of Viridian

Oceanus broadcasts, "Cause even Pirates need hugs!"

[Jul 27, 2006 7:15:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Don't call me darling. I'm not now and never will be ANYONE'S "darling". Perhaps you could stop being so bloody patronising, since after all you were the twit who posted an "EVENT" in Parley. Deal with the flames. Or buy a flame retardant suit. Or get out of Parley.

There's a reward for skellie hunters - there isn't for getting blackshipped. Capice?

[tangent] Can someone tell me why it always seems to be those hovering around Renowned SF that always want to take on the blackship? Anyone ever notice that those with Ult or Leg tend to not bother because they know it's futile and a complete waste of time?[/tangent]

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Jul 27, 2006 7:22:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

First of all everyone has a right to talk their mind here.

The first person you see doesn't become an idiot because you've had a rough day and don't have the energy nor the heart to fight El Paollo Diablo.

This is a challenge.

And challenges are what we should crave.
It is nothing other than the challenge that has attracted me to this thread.
And also dire interest.

And if beating the Black Ship does make the ship even stronger the next time, I am all for it.

The next fleet can try to beat them.

If you play this game just to buy belt with brace and to play some puzzles, then do that.

Don't dismiss other's ideas as idiotic or stupid.
Benzene265 said

[Jul 27, 2006 8:48:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
Inuki

The black ship is a punishment, pure and simple. It is not a challenge. Challenges are designed to be beatable - EPD is not, to the best of the Ringers' ability.

Want a challenge? Try running a flag, or memming the ocean, or otherwise doing something productive. Try the familiar events - or design your own and see if you can get a familiar to give away in it. Make an island in the editor and submit it to the Beat the Champs thread. Draw a portrait background and submit to that thread. Write a song parody. Teach a greenie how to use the trade interface.

There's plenty of challenges out there, if you're creative and determined enough.

I'm ready to lobby for liberal use of the banstick on people who propose blackship hunts. Obviously they want to be punished, right? Is there any logical reason they should not be punished to the full extent of the Ringers' ability?
Now in a special Hunter flavor.
[Jul 27, 2006 10:14:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    inuki42    Inuki42 [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

Look mate if you don't wanna come no prob , but why are you intended on spoiling others people's fun.

The EPD is a challenge. if i map memm who know me? noone.

If i win some tourneys, wh oknkow me? a little amount.

But if i am ablew to take down the EPD, well atleast i have done ,,,as u say the impossible,,,
Benzene265 said

[Jul 27, 2006 10:35:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
Kraggard

I guess people missed it the first time, but here is my idea.

Basically make fighting the black ship anything BUT fun in any way shape or form.

I think it would stop a lot of this "blackship hunting" nonsense.
Avatar used by permission of Scupperer
erfan wrote: 
It's not his, honey. He's posting pictures of other guys' snakes to make himself feel better because his isn't as impressive.

[Jul 27, 2006 7:13:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NewMadHatter

Once again, been there done that the only thing I have not done is defeat the black ship. It's not supposed to be beatable and all this critisism only makes me want to fight it more. Pheonix or Rose or whoever you are I think you for your input but I would be pleased if you would like to stay out of my thread from now on?
Unitnine on Viridian
[Jul 28, 2006 7:26:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

IT'S NOT YOUR THREAD! READ THE FORUM RULES! THREADS ARE NOT YOUR PROPERTY! READ THE WIKI! BLACKSHIP IS UNBEATABLE! GO AHEAD AND TRY IT, BUT DON'T WASTE OUR TIME HERE IN PARLEY BY MAKING A THREAD!

Thank you.

Des,
enough of this blasted nonsense.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jul 28, 2006 9:28:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

Well well some people never learn to mind their language and control their temper.

Juventus if you oppose this thread plz don't post the same things again and again.
Benzene265 said

[Jul 28, 2006 10:15:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
Inuki

And this is why I would heartily support bansticking people who are persistent in the face of all logic and facts on this issue - so the rest of us don't have to feel like we're bashing our heads into a brick wall.

If you people interested in trying for the blackship would listen to sense, no one would be getting upset here. Reread the thread. Let the logic sink in past the childish, stubborn "I'm going to do it because they're telling me not to!" reaction.

Wasting the time of everyone involved, for no reason other than childish pique, is irresponsible, immature, and stupid. Without any other evidence, the rest of us will be forced to conclude that you, also, are irresponsible, immature, and stupid, as opposed to just your actions.

I think you're all better than this, but you seem determined to prove me wrong.
Now in a special Hunter flavor.
[Jul 28, 2006 2:21:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    inuki42    Inuki42 [Link]  Go to top 
NewMadHatter

IT'S NOT YOUR THREAD! READ THE FORUM RULES! THREADS ARE NOT YOUR PROPERTY! READ THE WIKI! BLACKSHIP IS UNBEATABLE! GO AHEAD AND TRY IT, BUT DON'T WASTE OUR TIME HERE IN PARLEY BY MAKING A THREAD!

Thank you.

Des,
enough of this blasted nonsense.

I'm not wasting your time, you are by checking the thread, reading it and posting in it. People are allowed to express what they want to as long as it does not infringe upon another I have read the forum rules and there is also not to be un-needed flaming.
Unitnine on Viridian
[Jul 28, 2006 5:32:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

Let the logic sink in past the childish, stubborn "I'm going to do it because they're telling me not to!" reaction.

Actually i want to do this because of my stubborn

"I am going to do because i want to" reaction
Benzene265 said

[Jul 28, 2006 7:56:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

I know this belongs in game design, but it's pertinent. So many people think it would be revolutionary to be the "first" ones to take down EPD.

I propose that an encounter with the Black Ship causes an automatic standing reduction in Bnav for the navver, and an automatic reduction in Swordfight standing regardless of the outcome of the fight.

(Also that, in the event a loaded GF or whatever managed to win the SF, the player GF would still lose goods, and maybe even individually-held money, like back when banks were open)
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jul 28, 2006 8:16:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

To the OP:

I'm not going to try particularly hard to dissuade you from attempting this--after all, it IS your supplies that will be lost, not mine.

However, let me put things in perspective. You're going to go into battle with 0-max damage. That's 0 on the Black Ship, and you'll be maxxed. You will face 100 skellies, and your 159 people will effectively be 79 pirates because of the damage.

Now, it's conceivably possible, if you had the top 159 ultimate SFers on the ocean, that you MIGHT POSSIBLY beat the ship. If you have anyone aboard who does not have the following skills, however, then you will lose:

1) Instakill expert. Will not drop any strikes that are not instakills, or will team such that the team will send sequential strikes that prevent the skellie from countering.
2) Teaming expert. Will never make any drops on an unteamed enemy.
3) Stalling expert (okay, that's easy)

Oh, and as for the "immediate grappling after they max you" thing... No, that doesn't happen. They like to keep shooting you until several minutes after your bilge has filled to the top... THEN they grapple you. Barrels of laughs for the damage control team after the battle is over, especially on a GF.

In any case, in the unlikely event you DO win the battle, it will probably be the last time anyone ever will, because my guess is OOO will either allow your max damage to fill all but the very top 3 lines of your SF board (like it used to), or will simply plop 150 skellies on the ship instead of 100.

In any case, have fun. Don't post on the job board though, because average jobbers won't understand what's going on. Especially the greenies.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jul 29, 2006 12:01:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

You know, I heard it's easier to win if you have at least 5 units of Gold ore or 10 units of Kraken's blood on board. >_> <_<
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Jul 29, 2006 1:02:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates