• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4960 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
black_beard7

Bounty from Ellipse!

Triggster is still unhappy that Ellipse exploited the forums to help in Ellipse's personal war, but let's not go back to whether this was right or wrong. But I have thought of my own fun (and profitable) event.

Place: Dragons Nest.
Who: Under the crew Memento Mori.
When: Just find Triggster online and send him a tell.
Date: On-going, from now until we get Ellipses PoE.
Why?
1) Ellipse want to give away all there poe!
2) They want PvP as well!
3) To see if they actully give away 3k a time or back down. (Like they imposed the new 40% rule)
4) Viridian Parly is boring.

Rules: PvP the war brig 'HMS Daring' in the waters of DN. Win 3k every time ye defeat Shippster in a sea battle. Ye can engage as many times as ye want!

For the battle to count you have to post a screenshot at some point in SF and the opponent ship in the upper right corner must be visible. You have to post the screenshot in the thread here and send a PM to (Saintdeath).He (might) check the screenshot and the list of recent pvp battles. Then you try to send a lot of tells to saintdeath in-game to collect your prize. If he doesn't reply it's because he's lazy, snubbing you or offline.

Prize:

For every battle you win, you receive a PoE prize.

War brig 'HMS Daring' 3k.

Note again that this event will end if Ellipse remove the bounty.
Also, believe it or not, members of Ellipse cannot participate. AUMGZ!

I reserve the right to withdraw this at any time.
----------------------------------------
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by black_beard7 at Jul 28, 2006 12:30:29 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 8:41:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Re: Bounty from Ellipse!

If you want them to loose PoE, go to war with them and sink their ships to the point that its too expensive to replace. Don't "exploit the forums" so you can accomplish something that your flag is afraid to do directly.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Jul 26, 2006 12:55:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

If you want them to loose PoE, go to war with them and sink their ships to the point that its too expensive to replace. Don't "exploit the forums" so you can accomplish something that your flag is afraid to do directly.

1)We don't want war.

2) Isnt Ellipse's use of the forums exploitation as well, also using other crews to do their work?

3) We don't want war.
Triggster.
[Jul 26, 2006 1:11:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Framling

1)We don't want war.

2) Isnt Ellipse's use of the forums exploitation as well, also using other crews to do their work?

3) We don't want war.

I'm very sorry if you've explained this already, but what is the reason you don't want war? I'm curious.
Framling on Viridian

Lolpirate says, "O.o Your ability to rhyme is unholy."

[Jul 26, 2006 1:15:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    framlingem [Link]  Go to top 
DarkPheonix5

I agree with Moler.

This whole thing is ridiculous.

RiddleMakers and Ellipse need to stop trying to get the entire ocean to fight their own vendetta.

It makes both flags look bad. Both flags for trying to drag the ocean into it, and both flags for "exploiting the forums". If you are upset that Ellipse "exploited the forums" then dont turn around and do the same thing.

If you two have issues, war. That's what war is for.
~ Darkpheonix ~
Virdian Ocean
Senior Officer of Show Stoppers
[Edit 2 times, last edit by DarkPheonix5 at Jul 26, 2006 1:25:15 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 1:20:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

I'm very sorry if you've explained this already, but what is the reason you don't want war? I'm curious.

Having wars is not a flag goal. Some flags are made to be a safe haven as the flag doesn't go to war, we are one of them. Whilst others are made just to war dec anything that looks at them funny. We have had a war before with Requiem, which I guess left a sour taste in our mouths. We don't want them, nor do we need them. If ye want to war dec someone, find them. Yer not getting one here. Owning an island was a flag goal, we achieved that goal.

RiddleMakers and Ellipse need to stop trying to get the entire ocean to fight their own vendetta.

This isnt a RiddleMakers event. This is an event ran by me and me only.
Triggster.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by black_beard7 at Jul 26, 2006 1:32:35 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 1:23:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Wars with Req were fun.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jul 26, 2006 1:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Framling

Having wars is not a flag goal. Some flags are made to be a safe haven as the flag doesn't go to war, we are one of them. Whilst others are made just to war dec anything that looks at them funny. We have had a war before with Requiem, which I guess left a sour taste in our mouths. We don't want them, nor do we need them. If ye want to war dec someone, find them. Yer not getting one here. Owning an island was a flag goal, we achieved that goal.

Thank you for the answer :)
Framling on Viridian

Lolpirate says, "O.o Your ability to rhyme is unholy."

[Jul 26, 2006 1:39:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    framlingem [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Yer original post stated this:

Then you try to send a lot of tells to saintdeath in-game to collect your prize. If he doesn't reply it's because he's lazy, snubbing you or offline.

Yeah. I believe you now. I'll be running right out to do that mate.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jul 26, 2006 1:47:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Riddlemakers don't want war.

They don't want it so badly, they are going to parade around in a grand frigate like a Jets player begging Jesus to make the end zone bigger.

I mean, duh, right? Nothing says self esteem like encouraging anal PVP rank drops.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Jul 26, 2006 2:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

I somehow feel like pointing at "Isn't this an Event?"

And kinda agreed with what Darkphoenix said.
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Jul 26, 2006 2:14:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Riddlemakers don't want war.

I seen IC has sent you a war dec. Why havn't you sent it back?

Before ye start balabbering that this thread isnt about SX so and so. I said that this has nothing to do with the flag. I'm running it.

They don't want it so badly, they are going to parade around in a grand frigate like a Jets player begging Jesus to make the end zone bigger.

I guess thats ice hockey or somthing. Doesn't mean much to me. Although, when someone comes hiting you with a big hockey stick do ye turn and defend yerself or do ye sit there and take it?

I mean, duh, right? Nothing says self esteem like encouraging anal PVP rank drops.

It hardly hurts the PvP rank of Memento Mori when its sailors and a floating crew.
Triggster.
[Jul 26, 2006 2:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kuframan

If you two have issues, war. That's what war is for.

We would love to war, we have had the declaration up for quite a while now. But alas...Riddlemakers would rather not war and have fun...

I guess thats ice hockey or somthing. Doesn't mean much to me. Although, when someone comes hiting you with a big hockey stick do ye turn and defend yerself or do ye sit there and take it?

You mean football?

I hardly consider "using an alt crew to have other flags attack you thereby winning 8k" defending yourself...

So I will say this again. Either declare war back, or stop complaining about "forum exploits", turning the ocean against ye and such.

-Dragonblade

More then a little mad...
Dragonblade
Vanguard
Saintdeath tells you, "Dude, to buy 20 million poe with CC is 4k dollars."
Saintdeath tells you, "That's a lot of beer, man."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kuframan at Jul 26, 2006 2:43:41 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 2:42:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

I hardly consider "using an alt crew to have other flags attack you thereby winning 8k" defending yourself...

It hardly matters. It's still a crew from the flag. When the post was written it included the whole flag.

So I will say this again. Either declare war back, or stop complaining about "forum exploits", turning the ocean against ye and such.

Isnt this what parly is about?
I love it. Muw ha ha.

More then a little mad...

The desired effect.

<3
Triggster.
[Jul 26, 2006 2:46:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Before ye start balabbering that this thread isnt about SX so and so. I said that this has nothing to do with the flag. I'm running it.

I fail to see how, the fact that you, not RM, is running this event makes this thread more about SX.
[Jul 26, 2006 2:50:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DarkPheonix5

We would love to war, we have had the declaration up for quite a while now. But alas...Riddlemakers would rather not war and have fun...

The war comment was more directed toward RiddleMakers. Didnt mean it towards you.
~ Darkpheonix ~
Virdian Ocean
[Jul 26, 2006 2:50:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kuframan

It hardly matters. It's still a crew from the flag. When the post was written it included the whole flag.

It still isn't defending yourself, it is just floating a GF and being pvped. How will that defend you from the mighty wrath of us evil Ellipsoids.

Isnt this what parly is about?
I love it. Muw ha ha.

Usually the people who complain in parley actually try and do something about it in game. So...war please? ktnxbai.
Dragonblade
Vanguard
Saintdeath tells you, "Dude, to buy 20 million poe with CC is 4k dollars."
Saintdeath tells you, "That's a lot of beer, man."
[Jul 26, 2006 2:54:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

We need a war, or blockade, or something....this is just so not right. Or maybe this is normal, and the days of 5 blockades a weekend was abnormal? I dunno.
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jul 26, 2006 3:08:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DarkPheonix5

I fail to see how, the fact that you, not RM, is running this event makes this thread more about SX.

/me agrees
~ Darkpheonix ~
Virdian Ocean
[Jul 26, 2006 3:15:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catzubmsve

We need a war, or blockade, or something....this is just so not right. Or maybe this is normal, and the days of 5 blockades a weekend was abnormal? I dunno.

I have to agree with Des on this one.It's been way too quiet on Viridian lately.A good war or a multi island blockade might liven things up a little bit.

What was the decent multi island blockade??Been so long I forgot =)
Redbrdterry (on all oceans)
Senior Officer of the crew Mermaids Typhoon
Lord of the flag Puzzleholics Anonymous
[Jul 26, 2006 3:44:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sensualtzer    averyrealboy [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Napi III and Prolix 7, 8, or whatever.
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jul 26, 2006 4:07:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cacophoenix

Dragonblade wrote: 

It still isn't defending yourself, it is just floating a GF and being pvped. How will that defend you from the mighty wrath of us evil Ellipsoids.

Maybe he wants you to get blackshipped. :)
Noquarter in Viridian and Hunter.
Timmons in Sage and Midnight.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cacophoenix at Jul 26, 2006 4:14:54 PM]
[Jul 26, 2006 4:11:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Maybe he wants you to get blackshipped. :)

That would be fun.

Labyrinth Moors II.

I think most of ye fail to understand I'm not playing the physical war. I'm playing the political war. Way more fun, its so easy to wind Ellipse's backs up.

As I was saying, this event is nothing more to do with RiddleMakers that it does with SX.
Triggster.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by black_beard7 at Jul 27, 2006 7:32:56 AM]
[Jul 27, 2006 7:27:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

I was siding with the Ellipse first as tey had started the thread earlier..

But now that i found out we are allies of Riddlemakers...

I'll side with this competition instead,
Benzene265 said

I can't see anyone naming their pirate Ghyslaine, but I certainly hope that if there is a Japanese Rhodin someday, he or she remains blonde and well-tanned.

[Jul 29, 2006 10:11:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Thats the stuff.

Also a note to all, it has now been changed to war brig due to the rule chanigng as they dont wanna give out that poe.
Triggster.
[Jul 29, 2006 11:57:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

Not that anyone seems to ahve bothered attacking your floating ships...
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Jul 30, 2006 5:18:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

O rly.
Triggster.
[Jul 30, 2006 7:25:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marco_161091

O rly.

Benzene265 said

I can't see anyone naming their pirate Ghyslaine, but I certainly hope that if there is a Japanese Rhodin someday, he or she remains blonde and well-tanned.

[Jul 31, 2006 1:42:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    marco_161091 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates