• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 83
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13041 times and has 82 replies Next Thread
JoseGringo

Re: Rexelita's Sink-A-Thon

Count me in Rexie!

Cheers,

JoseGringo
----------------------------------------
Josegringo
SO of White Rose, Midnight Ocean
[Jul 27, 2006 10:32:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rexie

Sweetness wrote:

Edit: How does August 26th sound?

Sounds like a lovely day for a friend to get married. In Germany. With no net access. :-P

Oi.
August 5th is way too early for those building war brigs for the event.
There's a pirate meet up on the weekend of August 12th.
Another on the weekend of August 19th.
And someone else wants to start holding every-weekend events starting Sept 5th - for the next 7 months.

*sighs*
R3><3L33T4
Jeridus says, "See, I dunno about that, I would think Rexi being evil would be like only relative evil. Like some sort of diabolical kitten"
[Jul 27, 2006 11:05:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Giggle have fun without me. <3
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 27, 2006 11:11:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

If its the 26th have fun without me, its the only weekend in august i couldnt do :(

Cala

PS I demand you make it the 12th ;)

PPS lub you really Rex
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jul 28, 2006 12:40:44 AM]
[Jul 28, 2006 12:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bcsingingmom

The 26th works fine for me as does the 19th for that matter. The 12th I will be driving home from a week at the beach.

Any reason that sunday's are out?

Looking forward to this event... hope we can get a date that will work for most who want to participate.

Awesome work so far Rex!
Seerauber
back from Davy Jones' Locker and now on Obsidian

[Jul 28, 2006 1:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blacklab

Also sounds like a good day for moving to a new apartment.
That was clearly yours.

Labradonis, Lover of Lime, Rock Star of the Dallas Party
[Jul 28, 2006 3:05:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    blacklab1113 [Link]  Go to top 
Quinolin

I'm definitely in, pending the final date of the event.
Blimb.
Senior Officer of the British Bandits, Midnight Ocean
[Jul 28, 2006 5:07:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

I'm game, and pledging one stocked war brig.

edit: name of brig is Absent Gar. it's stocked, in port at Beta. I'll look for you in-game to hand over the deed.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Edit 2 times, last edit by tcarr at Jul 28, 2006 8:17:46 AM]
[Jul 28, 2006 5:32:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spiderprints

I am in. I will get you the deed the next time I see you in game.
Knarf
of Drunken Amore
[Jul 28, 2006 5:51:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Sounds like a lovely day for a cousin to get married. In Israel. With no net access. :-P
fixed.

7 month events can be pushed back a week, no? pwetty pweez?
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Jul 28, 2006 9:07:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teklanika

Errr, not so lovely? Attending an RL pirate gathering with pillaging on a river that day... :(
Teklanika - Midnight
Made of Fail/Folie Circulaire

Avvie by the lovely and talented Pixieboot
[Jul 28, 2006 9:28:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    teklanika23 [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

Sexe Rexe wrote: 
And someone else wants to start holding every-weekend events starting Sept 5th - for the next 7 months.

*blink*

The 26th works for me (though the 19th is out), but I cannot imagine what would be worth scheduling every single weekend for seven months straight. Well, I can, but it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with an online game. ;) However, I can see lots of people having Labor Day plans making the Sept. 3rd Saturday a problem.
Blackfletch

How many small shot does it take to sink a Grand Frigate? One.
[Jul 28, 2006 10:15:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
harlie

Count me in.

~Deanti
aeternus eternus
[Jul 28, 2006 10:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zanered

*sighs*

Rexe:

a) You've known about my 6-7 month event since before you left CT.

b) Sept 5th is not the start date. Registration will be starting in August, and registration is 6 weeks.

You have a larger time frame to throw the sink-a-thon. Also, if the sinkathon happens even later than that (say oct) there is always eclipse, meant for just such events as this on you are throwing. Or, an alternative being we can push back one preseason game, or even try to get OMs to do a sat/sun cade.
http://myspace.com/peter_j_Wacks
http://www.goodreads.com/peterjwacks
http://www.amazon.com/Second-Paradigm-Peter-J-Wacks/dp/1419689517/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241767821&sr=8-1
Happily retired and living like a King on Patagon
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zanered at Jul 28, 2006 12:12:35 PM]
[Jul 28, 2006 12:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zanered

Sexe Rexe wrote: 

*blink*

The 26th works for me (though the 19th is out), but I cannot imagine what would be worth scheduling every single weekend for seven months straight. Well, I can, but it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with an online game. ;) However, I can see lots of people having Labor Day plans making the Sept. 3rd Saturday a problem.

Its not. Each team plays once a month, and rotates. You'll see soon enought what it is.

Rexe Throw me in one on the sinker. I'll gt you a ship name, and pirate name soon.
http://www.amazon.com/Second-Paradigm-Peter-J-Wacks/dp/1419689517/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241767821&sr=8-1
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zanered at Jul 28, 2006 12:17:31 PM]
[Jul 28, 2006 12:15:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rexie

Zane wrote:

*sighs*

Rexe:

a) You've known about my 6-7 month event since before you left CT.

b) Sept 5th is not the start date. Registration will be starting in August, and registration is 6 weeks.

You have a larger time frame to throw the sink-a-thon. Also, if the sinkathon happens even later than that (say oct) there is always eclipse, meant for just such events as this on you are throwing. Or, an alternative being we can push back one preseason game, or even try to get OMs to do a sat/sun cade.

Good golly. I mentioned a one-liner about possibly being interested in Meke and people start threatening to quit the game if I dare to blockade Meke. For how long should anyone expect others to postpone events they wish to host when there is no public information posted?

For my dear friends who are unable to make the August 26th date, I hope you have a rip-roaring good time in real life! Real life is far more important than pixels on a screen which disappear when you turn off the power to your computer. :) I'm going to go with this date because it gives people time enough to save up for the event and it happens before most people return to class. I hope everyone has a great time. If all goes well, I hope to host another Sink-A-Thon. Lots of wonderful mates have graciously invited me to use a variety of islands for my event (thank you so much).
R3><3L33T4
Jeridus says, "See, I dunno about that, I would think Rexi being evil would be like only relative evil. Like some sort of diabolical kitten"
[Jul 28, 2006 12:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rexie

Zane wrote:

Sexe Rexe wrote: 

*blink*

Its not. Each team plays once a month, and rotates. You'll see soon enought what it is.

Rexe Throw me in one on the sinker. I'll gt you a ship name, and pirate name soon.

Cool deal. :)
I hope everything works out groovy for everyone.
R3><3L33T4
[Jul 28, 2006 1:03:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Best of luck to everyone in this first sinkathon, its a real shame i cant make it, but i'll be there for the next!!

Well done Rex for organising an amazing event :D

Cala
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jul 28, 2006 2:28:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mystery09

I'll be joining in on this event, assuming the stupid brig is done by then. Pirate name's in the siggy
Nodachi of Cobalt

Banned.
[Jul 28, 2006 3:29:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melama02

Count me in- brig is on order :)

~Verra~
[Jul 28, 2006 3:41:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rexie

Please direct all future posts to the Official Event Thread.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=711599#711599

Happy sinking!
R3><3L33T4
[Jul 28, 2006 4:16:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SOULJA718

I like it
[Jul 29, 2006 8:48:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zanered

Rexe wrote:Good golly. I mentioned a one-liner about possibly being interested in Meke and people start threatening to quit the game if I dare to blockade Meke. For how long should anyone expect others to postpone events they wish to host when there is no public information posted?

Um.... huh?

In my post above I was trying to say there is a lot more flexibility in my events needs and that the sink-a-thon is a good event which we can make the other event malliable for... How you implied me quitting the game I don't get. I know nothing in game was said by me either. Uh...

Regardless, its a fun event. My ship/Spot will go to Bloedjager for the event. Who am I giving this deed to?
[Jul 30, 2006 10:37:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates