• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 78
Posts: 78   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7798 times and has 77 replies Next Thread
SPIROS

Gifts for the 2,000,000 pirates

What a nice thing to get a gift that is used, and furthermore in "old" condition. This game is turning to a freaking circus and ringers treat us like they are doing us a favour by letting us play by paying. Nobody really cares what pirates think about their updates, new puzzles, new games, new brigands (barbarians). I think that a lock out would be a nice way to show that we don't like to be counted as fools.
----------------------------------------
just a Dreamer
[Jul 20, 2006 4:02:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
t0tal

Re: Gifts for the 2,000,000 pirates

Does that mean I can have your gift ?
Jabez
[Jul 20, 2006 4:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

What a nice thing to get a gift that is used, and furthermore in "old" condition. This game is turning to a freaking circus and ringers treat us like they are doing us a favour by letting us play by paying. Nobody really cares what pirates think about their updates, new puzzles, new games, new brigands (barbarians). I think that a lock out would be a nice way to show that we don't like to be counted as fools.

How dare they give out free stuff of any value at all. How dare they ask for feedback on their updates...

If it's such an inconvenience for you, just block their emails.
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jul 20, 2006 4:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

Your anger is not conveyed well through text.

If you have a complaint, it's best to write it out in a calm and concise manner and present it without bias. Otherwise you end up sounding like a whiny tart. I'm trying to help you express your opinion here, not attack you.

I got an old rapier. It's not fantastic, but it's something I didn't have yesterday. It's not fantastic, neither is it game-breaking. Do you really need to complain when you get a free gift?

Perhaps the Ringers don't treat us like their own flesh-and-blood, but I get treated better in this game than in any other I've played. If any of you have ever played another MMO, you'd know. You get treated as nothing more than a credit card number.
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Jul 20, 2006 4:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

SPOROS wrote: 

What you wrote, that I put in bold, would mean that Three Rings kept us from playing. Do you mean a boycott by the players??

I can't figure out what you are annoyed with, but spout on.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Jul 20, 2006 4:11:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

I think he's angry that he has to pay to play the game, and mommy won't give him the credit card.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Jul 20, 2006 5:30:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Antique

What a nice thing to get a gift, then complain that it's not good enough. This game is turning to a freaking circus because it's overrun by spoiled children. I think that a locking you out would be a nice way to show that we don't like to be surrounded by fools.

Fixed.
Antique of Cerulean!
[Jul 20, 2006 5:30:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I just can't get these e-mails, I have confirmed and reconfirmed my e-mail ) =
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jul 20, 2006 5:42:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Haven't gotten an email yet either, but wouldn't particular care what I got, since its free. People would've complained a lot more if people were getting new weapons or items that are awesome while others got new rags.

Also, I believe by lockout, the OP meant disallowing future players from joining, thus closing the community. Which is ludicrous since they need new players to continue being able to provide a service at all.
[Jul 20, 2006 5:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drabillord

I think the emails don't all come at once? I got mine only a little while ago.
[Jul 20, 2006 6:09:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    wassaf [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

I sort of liked my gift. I received a skull ring set, and to that point I had not yet owned a bludgeon.

Although it was indeed in "old" condition it was fun to experiment with it. I probably wouldn't have bought a bludgeon otherwise so I had a bit of fun at no additional expense. Can't complain about that I suppose.

EDIT: Also, people seem to be unclear about exactly what Spiros is saying. I know him in-game and in his defense, I don't believe that English is his first language. Greek, right mate?

Spiros is a passionate fella. <3
Briggs Says, "Dr. Hag is bringing the Prescription for pain!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TheSeahag at Jul 20, 2006 6:43:43 PM]
[Jul 20, 2006 6:38:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Koalarocker

Just a suggestion, but have you checked bulk/junk mailboxes? I know that the first one I got was sent to mine, so I wasn't directly notified of getting it because it didn't go to my inbox.
Cannonade/Koalarocker
Occasionally, an avatar artist.

Did you exchange... your walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?
[Jul 20, 2006 6:42:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

I really don't understand the point, but shiny things tend to amuse me for hours on end. Look at it twinkle! Teehee!
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Jul 20, 2006 10:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladylockett

:) Hey I admit I got excited .. and ran off straight away in search of my free gift ... I ooooooohed and ahhhhhhhd over the wrapping and thought about sticking it at the end of my bed until morning ... but I was too impatient ..

and you know what I got, Tan Flared trousers .. I'm not knocking it! It was unexpected and appreciated.

lol I even Yayyyed a little.

I have it neatly folded away in my wardrobe .. you never know when they might come in useful.

*edited my bristolian slang ... bad me!
~Rainfall~Sunstone~Rainfail~

wif bubbles and stuff
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ladylockett at Jul 20, 2006 11:51:33 PM]
[Jul 20, 2006 11:49:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    8720334 [Link]  Go to top 
123pringle

Aye, one of my alts free gifts was a pair of old shoes...lol
Tiga - Making a come back
-----------------
Flamer wrote: 
Kudos to Tiga for making the eternal thread.

[Jul 21, 2006 12:06:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

I too kept my box in the hall to gloat over for ........all of half a day before curiosity got to me.

Yayness - a 'good' pair of tan harem pants with blue bits. These are new to me and will do fine.

I do hear someone got a diver's helmet
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Jul 21, 2006 1:14:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SPIROS

To: DARVID

I think he's angry that he has to pay to play the game, and mommy won't give him the credit card.

Who pays for your account? Cleaver?
just a Dreamer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SPIROS at Jul 21, 2006 1:57:47 AM]
[Jul 21, 2006 1:26:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SPIROS

To :Antique of Cobalt
SO of Memento Morri

What a nice thing to get a gift, then complain that it's not good enough. This game is turning to a freaking circus because it's overrun by spoiled children. I think that a locking you out would be a nice way to show that we don't like to be surrounded by fools and smart brains like you.

Now is Fixed.

just a Dreamer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by SPIROS at Jul 21, 2006 1:52:41 AM]
[Jul 21, 2006 1:29:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Birddrz

I got a good condition bone so I'm quite happy
Birddrz
Dock Tart

Puts into port on Turtle Island in the Diamond Archipelago
Ignore my terrible stats I've only just returned from a long YPP-free break.
[Jul 21, 2006 2:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

To :SPIROS
Just a dreamer

Spiros, who may or may not have discovered identifiable quotes, wrote: 
What a nice thing, to get a gift, and then complain that it's not good enough. This game is a freaking circus because it's overrun by spoiled children who are apparently threatened by people who appear to display one of the most essential attributes necessary to play a game with an emphasis on puzzles. I think that a locking you out would be a nice way to show that we don't like to be surrounded by fools, underage players, ingrates, and people who think that having to pay a fee which they agreed to before actually signing up is apparently a great injustice.

Now it is fixed. Can I have a personalized reply where you misquote me? Also, Darvid's post stands. How do you know Cleaver doesn't pay for Darvid's account? Some people pay for their own, especially those over 18. I'm not saying you necessarily don't, because it has been established that you're not best friends with English, so perhaps your response to Darvid was intended differently than it was worded.
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jul 21, 2006 2:41:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

To :SPIROS
Just a dreamer

Spiros, who may or may not have discovered identifiable quotes, wrote: 
What a nice thing, to get a gift, and then complain that it's not good enough. This game is a freaking circus because it's overrun by spoiled children who are apparently threatened by people who appear to display one of the most essential attributes necessary to play a game with an emphasis on puzzles. I think that a locking you out would be a nice way to show that we don't like to be surrounded by fools, underage players, ingrates, and people who think that having to pay a fee which they agreed to before actually signing up is apparently a great injustice.

Now it is fixed. Can I have a personalized reply where you misquote me? Also, Darvid's post stands. How do you know Cleaver doesn't pay for Darvid's account? Some people pay for their own, especially those over 18. I'm not saying you necessarily don't, because it has been established that you're not best friends with English, so perhaps your response to Darvid was intended differently than it was worded.

Oh Cleaver and Darvid have their own means of payment, mate. Not suitable for children such as SPIROS here.
[Jul 21, 2006 3:26:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

I got an old diving helmet. :)

Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jul 21, 2006 5:08:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

I got a saber, and whilst it is not a sword i would use, it will come in very handy for a mate who has just returned to the game and hasnt yet had the chance to make any poe to get a decent blade.

So I am pleased with my gift.

Morgana
BSB
[Jul 21, 2006 5:10:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rbbarker

I got old pants.
Old pants...wrapped up in a box.
I thought it was funny.
It's like getting a present from your uncle who happens to also be a hobo.
Can I have your old shoes?
Baldo
now retired
[Jul 21, 2006 5:28:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Antique

To :Antique of Cobalt
SO of Memento Morri

What a nice thing to get a gift, then complain that it's not good enough. This game is turning to a freaking circus because it's overrun by spoiled children. I think that a locking you out would be a nice way to show that we don't like to be surrounded by fools and smart brains like you.

Now is Fixed.

"Smart brains"????

Is it just me, or has Mr. Spiro booched his attempt at insulting me and given me a compliment instead? I'm generally not insulted by being called "smart." Must be one that only works on the schoolyard at recess.
Antique of Cerulean!
[Jul 21, 2006 6:54:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

*shrugs*

Some days you wake up and there is nothing in your email box that's free...Oh wait, that's every day except yesterday. My bad.
[Jul 21, 2006 7:22:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

I got an old diving helmet. :)

jerk =Þ

I got an old hammer. So I hammered in morning. Then I hammered in the evening. All over this land.
But seriously...maybe now I can actually beat the level 1 rumble challenge.
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[Jul 21, 2006 8:59:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

All I got was a lousy 'gift box' - whatever that is.

:p

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 21, 2006 9:23:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kaykordeath

I got a rock.
tht guy hird me 2 b a om
[Jul 21, 2006 9:58:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amyjoba

I got a rock.

I could never understand why he didn't just throw the rocks at other kids and take their candy. Or at least say "gimme some candy, or I'll throw a rock at you."

(Note: I wasn't a rock thrower, but my brother and I had the monopoly on the horse chesnuts in our neighborhood. We only used them on the kids that were mean to us....or that we didn't like.)
Arlith

[Jul 21, 2006 10:24:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 78   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates