• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1590 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
micklauer

Midnight Master Marathon - Judges Circle

Midnight Master Marathon - Judges Circle

This here be where the judges (event moderators) will gather and discuss the game. I have a pretty clear idea of how I see this unfolding, however, you have to plan for the unexpected.

Things to Remember!

• First of all, thank you guys for helping. For the sake of the world knowing your greatness, I'm posting a list of my helpers here: Komos, Morpheus, Eleos, Chloris, Blackfletch, Arlith, and Feylind.

• Secondly, do we all have the capability of TeamSpeak? I know most of the people helping do...please let me know if you don't, because I'd rather have that than crew chat.

• Our Job: It's simple. I've arranged the entrants with an alphabetical code. So when we job the contestants we will be able to easily see them listed as I have them in my excel spreadsheet. You'll do /who's on them, sometimes even /vwho's and just check in with their progress over teh course of the event. At the end, you'll take screenshots of their stats, count up their scores, and send them to me.

• Who will you be watching? Roughly 20 people are assigned to a monitor.. There's a good chance a lot of people won't actually show up at all. The 20 pirates you are assigned will correspond alphabetically. Here's an example of how I'd done this...

Example of names and judges (All names of fictional):

ModeratorSam will watch:
    maamama
    mabslim
    macdawg
    madporky
    maeflower
    mafidill
    magfizz
    mahnypot
    maidress
    majpaj
    mbapop
    mbbomb
    mbclip
    mbdonor
    mbeanerhead
    mbflag
    mbgaffer
    mbhelen
    mbionizer
    mbjack

You all see the code? "m" will start everyname, then is followed by "a" (the set of ten), followed by "a" through "j". You get two sets of letters each, making 20.

• If a pirate is aboard a ship and is carping, there is no need to check on them by boarding their ship. If they are on a ship and rumbling, you may want to see what's going on.

That's all I got so far...I'm sure there will be more.

Thanks again guys and gals!

(_K:P
    ----------------------------------------
    Devout follower of Apollo
    d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by micklauer at Jul 21, 2006 12:46:12 PM]
  • [Jul 20, 2006 10:31:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    BlackBeth

Re: Midnight Master Marathon - Judges Circle

Okay, one question... do I need to join the event crew for this, or will jobbing be sufficient? (In other words, will we be using officer chat to coordinate or anything like that?)

(Okay, 2nd question) Similarly, are the contestants required to stay jobbed in the event crew the whole contest? They will need to be in at the beginning and end in order to board the ship, but if they can't leave between times, they cannot job on a ship.

Also, one suggestion. I don't know about the rest of you, but I regularly misspell "Feylind"; typing /who on a bunch of names like "mafadill" will cause me fits. So I am going to make creative mis-use of the Quartermaster program, and use the /wh function in the blockade pay booty panel. That way I can do a /who on any of my 20 pirates with 3 mouseclicks and no typing.

If anyone is interested in doing the same, but isn't familiar with Quartermaster, it can be downloaded here, and I will be happy to give you the 5-min crash course in how to use it for this purpose. Just send me a tell.

-- Fey
    Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
    [Jul 20, 2006 3:41:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
    ms_national

Ok KP question love. Why do the people entering this contest not just JOIN the crew (They are alt characters). That way they are free to job & we still have a watch over them.

Also why am I & Blackfletch both listed as contestants. And WHY am I not listed here? HMM the world may never know
    [Jul 21, 2006 11:38:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    micklauer

Ok KP question love. Why do the people entering this contest not just JOIN the crew (They are alt characters). That way they are free to job & we still have a watch over them.

You and Fey are right. That's what we'll do.

As for making the judges officers...we don't want to worry too much about that...instead...we will all sign on to TeamSpeak...it's easy, it's fast, it won't hurt your computer.

If you don't have a mic, that blows, but you can still hear us and send tells in the TS box...

Let me know if this sounds like a problem for the judges.

kp
    Devout follower of Apollo
    d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by micklauer at Jul 21, 2006 12:45:17 PM]
    [Jul 21, 2006 12:37:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    amyjoba

I've never used Team Speak...I have a microphone....I'm not sure how good it is. Do I need to download anything for Team Speak? (I'm on dial-up so it takes me a while to download stuff, so I can't really do any last minute downloading.)

Hee hee....I sound all green.
    Arlith

[Jul 21, 2006 1:19:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    BlackBeth

Arlith wrote: 
    I've never used Team Speak...I have a microphone....I'm not sure how good it is. Do I need to download anything for Team Speak? (I'm on dial-up so it takes me a while to download stuff, so I can't really do any last minute downloading.)

Hee hee....I sound all green.

Aye, go to www.goteamspeak.com and download the Teamspeak 2 Client (NOT the Server).

KP will have to provide us the server address so we can set it up and log on.

If you have any problems with it, we can go over it after the 5-min crash course on QuarterMaster :-)

-- Fey
    Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
    [Jul 21, 2006 2:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
    ms_national

Send me a message as Adesh & I will set you up on the teamspeak server :-)
    [Jul 21, 2006 3:02:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates