• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3225 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Talisker

KCWT Intent: I gotta get drunk!

Last week, we were doing the weekly 'Babylon For a Day' Cocktail Party. We nanced about in our finest finery, drinking fancy cocktails and oppressing the masses. Redthepirate called for a cosmo, and sadly, we didn't have the ingredients. What should we do? Blockade!

Join us this Sunday for this next stop in KCWT!
The planned time is 9 am*!

Jobbing contacts will be posted right here soon!
Come play with Fandango in The Blockade for the Mixers!

* This might change, if so the time will likely be at 12:00 PM on Sunday. No crazy moving this to Saturday this time. We've got an auction to run. To that end, many NF members have said they'll blockade against NF in certain circumstances. Want to lessen our jobber pool? Consider showing up to the auction and buying yourself a Dango!
----------------------------------------
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jul 19, 2006 12:39:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

Re: KCWT Intent: I gotta get drunk!

This has gotta be the cutest thing I've read today. Don't know why, but it is.
Edit: awww I'm running a real life event this Sunday... we'll watch ;-)

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Erfan at Jul 19, 2006 12:51:15 PM]
[Jul 19, 2006 12:50:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
windex_777

And everyone knows a drunk Red equals a topless fun Red.
~Redthepirate

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~Will Rogers
[Jul 19, 2006 4:17:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smdurham

And everyone knows a drunk Red equals a topless fun Red.

Aww you had me at topless.
Blarneybelle
SO Phoenix Warriors
Queen Tyr's Own

Leif tells you, "All's bear in love and war"
[Jul 21, 2006 7:55:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Disneybellesmd [Link]  Go to top 
zindy

Reminder

orignal post
Ketchy Cubby World Tour Rules: wrote: 

HOW TO PLAY KETCHY CUBBY:

Fandango hosts an event, during an actively contested blockade, called "Ketchy Cubby," which is Midnight-Patois for "rastafarian pyramid sloop tag." Here are the rules for Ketchy Cubby:

Everyone in the ocean is invited to bring their own unaligned sloop team.

They register with the Fandango Ketchy Cubby referee, for the prizes. Check the Notorious Fandango flag statement for the referee's name, prior to the start.

They deport, sail out, put 1 CB into a defending vessel, and port, sending a /tell to the Fandango referee saying "1"

Then they deport, sail out, put 2 CBs into a defending vessel, and port, sending a /tell to the Fandango referee saying "2"

Your third time out, you need 3 hits. Etceteras. It's a pyramid game - you can't skip a number.

Your ending point total is the last number you were successfully able to score. Because it's a Fandango game, only hits on the defending flag count.

Any number of jobbers may be on the sloop, but the prize just goes to the registered participant (who can then split the proceeds how he sees fit). If your sloop gets sunk, go grab another sloop. Your score from your previous successful trip out still stands.

SPECIAL RULES FOR THE KETCHY CUBBY WORLD TOUR:

Entrants may enter by name, but they are encouraged to enter BY SPONSOR. Yes, you can steer the '#28 Kargach Ford,' but we highly encourage you to take sponsorship from flags, shops, or other game entities. (like the '#11 Shanty Raidio Cadillac' for instance) If you'd like to work out sponsorship deals with those entities, that's on your own prerogative. Why do this? Once you enter a team, that team can enter future World Tour events under the same name, even with different drivers.

Scoring by round:

The top sloop for each round will receive a flat 5000 poe prize.

Scoring by blockade:

The total hits for the whole blockade will be tallied up at the end, to determine your 'NASCAR' point standing.

Finish Points
1st 180
2nd 170
3rd 165
4th 160
5th 155
6th 150
7th 146
8th 142
9th 138
10th 134

and so on. See here for the complete list:
http://nascar.about.com/od/standings/a/nascarpoints.htm

Byes:

Obviously nobody can be at every blockade for KCWT. So what happens if you miss a round? Never fear! You get a bye! This works just like a 'drop test' does in college, where you get a crappy score and want to drop it off the list. We've decided that we will offer byes equal to 50% of the total number of races, but might reduce the number of buys applied to determine tiebreakers in the standings. So if there are 6 races, that's 3 byes and 3 credits.

Sinking ?!!

NF is offering a unique opportunity for this edition of Ketchy Cubby World Tour. We'd love for this round of the game to be sinking, so much so that we're willing to pull out of the blockade if the defender can arrange a sinking war between another contender. (read: MEOW) Yes, that's right - you're guaranteed to keep your island if you make the blockade sinking. Modified rules for Ketchy Cubby will be posted for the sinking board.

Grand Prize:

We're still arguing about this, but it'll likely be either a war frigate, a grand frigate, naked pictures of Redthepirate, or to be Fandango Monarch for the whole weekend, including the ability to drop a warchest and run a blockade. (a 1.5 million poe value) Stay tuned, this will be announced in the next week.

Don't forget to bring your sloops to cranberry!!

Referee for this blockade is Sabata - find her before the blockade / round begins to be jobbed in.
The winner is Notorious Fandango. - and puff! and gone ;)

certified ZombDango . notorious.
[Jul 22, 2006 11:54:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate+Sabata [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Argh -- I will not be able to play this Sunday. However, I have set up a couple people who will be driving for my team instead. Good luck to all the other entrants, since I won't be there to ruin yer day!

Treat my drivers with the utmost disrespect for me, k? ;)
Chrisspy
[Jul 22, 2006 1:09:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anhinga

Cranberry Clambake and Cocktails! Dancing till dawn and festivities galore! Prizes and Tourneys! and our favorite party game - Dunk the Dingos! Come for the Blockade and stay for the barbeque!

Ahoy from Trans-Atlantic Empire and Cranberry, the Midnight Ocean animal kingdom!

We love Cranberry, we like keeping the island lovely and uncluttered, with creatures frolicking, and all that happy stuff. And what's more, we welcome visitors of all species, have a free range policy, and make a mean cosmopolitan (sidecar always included). We do, however, plan to make it difficult for Fandango to set up permanent digs here.

We welcome Ketchy Cubby players, and have fun and poe in store for all who care to join us in defending fair Cranberry.

When: 9 am pirate time, Sunday, July 23, 2006, jobbing will commence at 8:30 am pirate time
Cranberry jobbing contacts: Cranaid and Delerious
We'll be paying 500 per round and have post-blockade tourneys planned with over 50,000 PoE in prizes.
Additional post forthcoming with details on tourneys in this thread.

We hope you will join us.

Hinga

Mice of Vengeance
Trans-Atlantic Empire

[Edit 1 times, last edit by anhinga at Jul 22, 2006 3:00:29 PM]
[Jul 22, 2006 2:56:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    snake_bird [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Dude, how can pirates be against the consumption of alcohol?
[Jul 22, 2006 6:06:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SarahEBack

We are in no way against the consumption of alcohol, but we are against the Dingos taking our Cranberry to make cosmos.

I repeat, TAE loves chuggin' the sauce.
Pinkie
Governor, Cranberry Island
Princess, Trans-Atlantic Empire
Senior Officer, Mice of Vengeance
Former Jockey, Shanty Raidio
Hawt, All day everyday everywhere

Haaaaaaaaaaay Peaches!!!
May I talk to you for a minute about Pirate Jesus?
[Jul 22, 2006 7:55:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/saraheback [Link]  Go to top 
zindy

jobbing for the KCWT at Cranberry NOW !! find sabata

[Jul 23, 2006 8:54:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate+Sabata [Link]  Go to top 
Squeak22

So is there anyone even playing KC? I don't see any sloops doing it.
Squeakbeard,
The Pirate King
ex-ex-ex-King of Dark Judgement(Merged into CT)
Proud owner of "Pequod"
[Jul 23, 2006 9:31:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zindy

So is there anyone even playing KC? I don't see any sloops doing it.

Yes!

[Jul 23, 2006 10:31:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate+Sabata [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

How can pirates be in the favor of cosmos? Will you be ending the blockade by going shopping for cute shoes and talking about boys?
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[Jul 23, 2006 11:05:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lbm

Thank ye NF fer the fun and fine sinkage! Party at the Llama Lub Inn! Drinks are on the Mice. :D

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lbm at Jul 24, 2006 8:23:32 PM]
[Jul 23, 2006 11:59:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zindy

Shame on everone who missed it!

Round 1 we had only one contender - Noisivitca, for Team "barnacle for brains" brought in 1 point.
Winner of round 1 and 5k (obviously) Noisivicta, barnacle for brains

Round 2 a second pirate took part - Deadloche made 2 points. Noisivicta againe made 1
Winner of round 2 and 5k Dreadloche

after round 2 TAE decided to declare war back on us and the blockade went sinking. Unfortunately both teams got sunk. Dreadloche managed to organize one more sloop and hurried in again, he even put a shot into one defending ship 40 seconds before the round ended. He didnt make it back to the shore in time - so no score.

As the referee - and the one who paed the round price from her pocket - i decided that round 3 goes to Dreadloche.

For the blockade scoring we have a tie - each party made 2 points. Id say thats 175 points for each. But last decission on this is on Looseweed.

Thanks for beeing in the contest, i hope you had fun and come again!
Thanks to freegle for keeping the ocean up to date via Shanty Rad I O

[Jul 23, 2006 1:07:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate+Sabata [Link]  Go to top 
windex_777

How can pirates be in the favor of cosmos? Will you be ending the blockade by going shopping for cute shoes and talking about boys?

I like shoes.

And boys.

Ok, it's a date. We'll shoe shop and girl talk this week!
~Redthepirate

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~Will Rogers
[Jul 24, 2006 10:36:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

How can pirates be in the favor of cosmos?

The king approves.

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jul 24, 2006 10:49:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

We are moved to tears by the size of this thing.
[Jul 24, 2006 10:58:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates