• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 873 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Maerick64

Training

Can someone on midnight train me in one of the games ye can have a tourney on i want to be able to get a familiar or use me skills to get me poe to get an estate and i am very very desprite and im about to give up :(.
----------------------------------------
Do not ask whom the bell tolls for for the bell tolls for the.
[Jul 18, 2006 2:46:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Training

Your likelihood of achieving either of your goals will be better if you go back to pillaging. Although a slower method, you are guaranteed to get there eventually (enough poe to buy an estate or a familiar), whereas in the tournament games, you will likely lose close to as much as you win.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 18, 2006 3:19:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Also keep an eye on the news when you login. Keep another one on the events thread of your ocean. You may be able to win a familiar without actually being good at any puzzles.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jul 18, 2006 3:24:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Familiars are routinely given out for writing, visual art, and other forms of creative expression. There's actually a writing familiar contest ongoing (Oceanwide Events, Oh Nose Where's My Nose), VisArt contests seem to recur at intervals of 2-3 months (in the mean time, you can draw a portrait background, which is still great recognition of your work), and if singing's your thing, I think Scarymuffin's putting together a YPP Idol-type deal. Unsure of the prize, but I strongly suspect he's got the full hog there.

This being said, you should practice your puzzles regardless... familiars look cool, but you meet much cooler people (considering the amount of "Y WNT U LET MI BARROW MUNKIE 4 PORTAIT!!!!" and "will you sell me your octopuss for 500 poe?" tells I imagine you'd get), make actual liquid PoE, and have a lot more fun (unless you're a docktart) when you pillage.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Jul 18, 2006 3:29:01 PM]
[Jul 18, 2006 3:27:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates