• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 71
Posts: 71   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18303 times and has 70 replies Next Thread
Shaoli

[Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commissions Closed. Reply to this Post

Offering portraits and their avatar versions for dubloons/Hunter poe. I only take an order once I have one completed, so that there will never be backlog.

That said, samples below:

That's the general size of the image you'll be getting, but of course I'll PM you with a resized version for the forum.

How to Order

If I have the slot open, please post a description or a LINK (I would prefer not to have to wait for pages full of images to load) to a screenshot of your character, and describe as far as you are able a pose, general facial features/shape/demeanor, how old your character would appear to be, expression, eye color, and any variations from what might be in the screenshot, including whether or not you want earrings.

Alternatively, you can PM me if you're shy, but please post to indicate that you're taking the commission spot, so that no one else will attempt to order when I have nothing open. >.>

I need to request that, if there are no spots open, that no one PMs or posts requesting to be "next." I'd love to accomodate everyone, but this results in there being a queue regardless. I'll burn out, and things won't get done. Please wait for an open spot.

Prices and Payment

I'm only taking payment both in Dubloons and PoE (Hunter only). Prices are determined by complexity, but I will try to offer a stable one-price deal. Payment is to be made in full once the lineart is complete, and a watermarked sample sent to you via PM.

Single-Character Avatar : Base price 35 Dbs (Any) or 25k PoE (Hunter)

Two-Character Avatar : Base price 60 Dbs (Any) or 42k PoE (Hunter)

Add-ons
Weapons: 2-3 dbs each
Familiars: 3-5 dbs each
General layout and pose, other objects, time-consuming clothes: 0-5 dbs, depending on complexity

Availabile for Purchase
(pm/post with a descriptor to see if you'll need to pay anything extra for your order.)

None.

Work In Progress

Demonyaj

Completed Avatars

----------------------------------------
Go here if you're wondering about my avatar.
[Edit 29 times, last edit by Shaoli at Sep 4, 2006 10:51:32 AM]
[Jul 18, 2006 12:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commission in Progress. Reply to this Post

Moved from the Bazaar.
[Jul 18, 2006 12:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RuckFules

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commission in Progress. Reply to this Post

Does this mean your ready to make some new Av's =)
Thegame on Cobalt

Yes, i'm a Shrew
[Jul 19, 2006 11:59:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Well, I suppose that due to my running into a minor problem while almost finished with Demonyaj's lineart, I could take your order to have something to work on while I sort his out. ><

Will get ahold of you shortly.
[Jul 20, 2006 7:55:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RuckFules

Geez thanks a lot shaoli, but i really didn't want to hurry you >:)
Thegame on Cobalt

Yes, i'm a Shrew
[Jul 21, 2006 4:55:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xFinniganx

Great avatars.

I'll order one soonish I hope. I have more poe going out then in at the time.
[Jul 22, 2006 7:01:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli Reply to this Post

RF doesn't seem to have responded to my PMs in a couple of days. I'm opening his slot for commission. When he returns, he'll be next in line.

EDIT: He lives! Commissions closed for now.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shaoli at Jul 22, 2006 12:22:00 PM]
[Jul 22, 2006 11:08:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RuckFules

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commissions in Progress Reply to this Post

yayyyy i'm still alive! ^_^
Thegame on Cobalt

Yes, i'm a Shrew
[Jul 22, 2006 12:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xFinniganx

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commissions in Progress Reply to this Post

I'd like to be next in line. I'll get you info and PM you it along with clothing screenies.
[Jul 24, 2006 3:51:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

What did you have running in the background when you were working on Demon's avatar? Also, what size do you normally work at? I know some avatar artists will work these huge 2000 x 2000 pictures like it was a magazine proof or something. I don't use Flash MX, but PSP is another memory hog, like most graphics programs. I won't run anything else when I'm working on a big file.

I say try rebooting first. Unless you have all kinds of things auto-starting like AIM and Skype, you should have enough memory after a fresh reboot to open and shrink the file slightly. Even making the original 50 pixels smaller will save memory.

Also, is it bad that I have no idea what the Finder is? You can make your virtual memory paging file bigger in System Properties. This will help increase your memory by letting your hard drive do part of the physical memory's work.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Jul 24, 2006 6:23:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Benzene, thanks for the suggestions, but the file itself is only 8mb and all that you've described, including changing the size of the paging file, is something I've already tried.

I didn't mention it earlier, but the instructions on that error message were for a Mac. Here's the fun part about my problem: I'm running on WinXP.

I'm thinking the file got corrupted while I was working on it. Flash MX has some issues when it comes to its virtual workspace. I might have clicked something odd while doing nothing more than trying to draw a straight line.

I have a copy of the half-complete lineart screencapped for a draft preview, I should be able to work from there, although it will be more troublesome. Didn't actually lose all the art, which is a relief.

-

Finnigan, please let me direct you to my first post, and what I've had to ask of people regarding commission queues. This situation has caused a massive delay and I made one exception so that my work output wouldn't stop completely. I cannot take an order until I'm free to ensure I can give the next person my full attention. Thank you.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shaoli at Jul 24, 2006 12:06:15 PM]
[Jul 24, 2006 12:05:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Lineart for Ruckfules complete.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/Shaostash/ruckdraft.jpg
[Jul 25, 2006 10:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commission Open Reply to this Post

New avatar in gallery. One commission slot now open. Please post to indicate reservation.

Here's the larger portrait:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/Shaostash/rfportrait.jpg
[Jul 26, 2006 4:34:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teklanika

I would like one, pretty please! I will PM ye with all the details.

*squeee!*
Teklanika - Midnight
Made of Fail/Folie Circulaire

Avvie by the lovely and talented Pixieboot
[Jul 26, 2006 4:40:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    teklanika23 [Link]  Go to top 
SeanaMO

Damn you Teklanika! ;-)
Ceylon
SO of The Forsaken
Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
[Jul 26, 2006 4:59:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Thank you. Commissions closed for now. ><
[Jul 26, 2006 5:07:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RuckFules

Thousands of thanks Shaoli, I love your artwork! =)
Your av's rock!

Ajstyles (Hunter) fka Therock (Viridian)
Thegame on Cobalt

Yes, i'm a Shrew
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RuckFules at Jul 27, 2006 8:11:16 AM]
[Jul 27, 2006 7:31:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Pleasure doin' business.

Lineart draft for Teklanika complete:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/Shaostash/tekdraft.jpg
[Jul 29, 2006 3:18:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gov_Marley

are commissions back open? If so I would love to be next. Your artwork is great! =)
Ladyturner but Please Call me LT

Just me

Cobalt
[Jul 29, 2006 9:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Not open yet. I'm also looking into a slight change in prices.

I salute the reference of your chosen username, by the way.
[Jul 30, 2006 1:24:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gov_Marley

hehe thanks ill just have to keep a watch on this forum alot

Just me

Cobalt
[Jul 30, 2006 2:04:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Absolutely love the artwork, especially the lineart on that last one that you're working on. No way I can come up with the poe though, especially on an ocean I don't play on... let me know if you ever come to cobalt:P

Satin
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jul 30, 2006 2:34:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

I've just received the go-ahead for completion from my previous commissioner, so I will be opening one slot for commission.

This will also be the last commission I take at a 30 dubloon base fee. Prices will be raised to 35 dubloons as a base fee after.
[Jul 30, 2006 3:56:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

New avatar added to gallery.

[Jul 30, 2006 8:12:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gov_Marley

Me please! I will PM you.

Just me

Cobalt
[Jul 30, 2006 8:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Right-o. Commissions now closed.
[Jul 30, 2006 9:00:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
teklanika

It's wonderful and brilliant, as I've told ye many times now!

*bounce-squee*

hurray! Best 34 dubs ever spent... :D

Thank ye yet again, Shaoli!
Teklanika - Midnight
Made of Fail/Folie Circulaire

Avvie by the lovely and talented Pixieboot
[Edit 1 times, last edit by teklanika at Jul 30, 2006 10:14:29 PM]
[Jul 30, 2006 10:02:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    teklanika23 [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commissions Closed. Reply to this Post

Lineart draft for LT complete.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/Shaostash/ltdraft.jpg
[Aug 1, 2006 4:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaits

Re: [Dubloon Oceans] Avatar Art by Shaoli -- Commissions Closed. Reply to this Post

These are amazing!

*Goes to make more money on Hunter*
Viridian - Anabanana - Officer and Poet of RLS Legacy under the flag Pay for Play
Hunter - Kaits - Officer and Poet of Pitch Black under the flag of The Eye

Oringinalsexy says, "anabanana who do you think you are? Hypnos?"

[Aug 1, 2006 10:11:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GeckoBlade

Oh, How I wish I was rich enough to afford these...
[Aug 1, 2006 10:19:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 71   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates