• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 30
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2917 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
pirateboy121

Ahoy Midnight 'scribers...semi-RE

Ahoy, I was thinking of joining the Midnight ocean, although I do have many friends on Viridian, I wanted to have some 'competition' if you will. I would like to know why you guys play on Midnight, I can't make up my mind "Leave my friends for a sweet Ocean" or "Stay in Viridian and get bored."
----------------------------------------
Agile, killing the clueless greeters one at a time.
[Jul 18, 2006 12:30:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rimmington [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

Re: Ahoy Midnight 'scribers...semi-RE

There is one thing about midnight. Because most of the elite are adult (I don't say viridian as swarmed with kids, I just mean that there are more elite on viridian that are under-aged. No offense. I'm under-aged as well.), they are more keen on keeping their allies and planning ahead. Because of this, the ocean can get a little boring. I believe there hasn't been a serious war for.... well, at least for 1 month.

However, the adults do give another pro. No spammers. Less trade requests. More chance on a better pillage.
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Jul 18, 2006 12:36:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

However, the adults do give another pro. No spammers. Less trade requests. More chance on a better pillage.

Three great reasons why I'm terrified of making a pirate on Viridian.
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jul 18, 2006 12:44:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pirateboy121

Alrighty thanks for those submits, please, keep posting people. I can't make up my mind which ocean to join!
[Jul 18, 2006 1:00:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rimmington [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Alrighty thanks for those submits, please, keep posting people. I can't make up my mind which ocean to join!

you could always play for a week on one, then try out a different one and see how your progress compares.
Pogo on Midnight

[Jul 18, 2006 1:16:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

You do not have to worry about getting enough dubs for a labour/rank badge.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Jul 18, 2006 1:16:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pirateboy121

Problem is, here at my mom's house, which I'll be here for the summer, they use labtops, so YPP doesn't work. :-(

Thanks for the advice, though.
[Jul 18, 2006 1:22:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rimmington [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

I posted to your other thread; go have a look.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Jul 18, 2006 1:29:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Problem is, here at my mom's house, which I'll be here for the summer, they use labtops, so YPP doesn't work. :-(

Thanks for the advice, though.

Doesn't run on those particular computers? Isn't an option to install?

I believe I know a few people who play on laptops... Certain puzzles are more difficult with a touchpad, but I haven't seen many laptops that don't have a mouse port.

But, um, if the problem is something else entirely, by all means disregard this post >_>
Pogo on Midnight

[Jul 18, 2006 1:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
query

I play on a laptop, and honestly, I fear ever having to play on my PC! I have an IBM with the center mouse button, so it seems a little more intuitive to me (and I'm sure I could play on my PC, it's just old and slow).
If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Jul 18, 2006 2:02:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
windex_777

believe there hasn't been a serious war for.... well, at least for 1 month.

What's your definition of a serious war? We're at war right now and having fun . . . You just gotta hang out with the right people to play the war game ;-)
~Redthepirate

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~Will Rogers
[Jul 18, 2006 7:30:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

I'd second the "no badges for anything" and "most people act like adults" comments, and add that if you're going to run pillages, from my experience even the worst jobbers you'll get on Midnight are about as polite and talented as the average jobber on a dub ocean. Most are far better and make the pillaging easier. (And more fun!)
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Jul 18, 2006 7:38:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

There's always war happening. BSB just voted through a full war dec with... Darkmemory? Just gotsa find it!

And I'll take it further. There's always real war happening. Often, wars are kind of like alliances: between insignifigant flags who will never ever do anything remotely political, just to pres butans and puff up their flag info page with meaningless alliances/wars. Midnight wars? Stuff sinks. And the PVP rocks. Hard.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Jul 18, 2006 8:29:14 AM]
[Jul 18, 2006 8:27:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Night Watch reciprocated a BSB wardec at like 5 AM, lots of wars happening there.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Jul 18, 2006 11:24:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

There's always war happening. BSB just voted through a full war dec with... Darkmemory? Just gotsa find it!

And I'll take it further. There's always real war happening. Often, wars are kind of like alliances: between insignifigant flags who will never ever do anything remotely political, just to pres butans and puff up their flag info page with meaningless alliances/wars. Midnight wars? Stuff sinks. And the PVP rocks. Hard.

True. I meant to say that it wasn't as lively as Viridian. Look at Viridian parley. Full of wardecs.

Also, with a real war I mean, like the Liliputian alliance. That kind of stuff.

[Jul 18, 2006 4:16:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Uh with that kind of a definition, then there's never been a real war anywhere *except* Midnight.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 18, 2006 4:24:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

And that wasn't really a war, it was just kind of a confluence of several blockades. We didn't particularly have it in for Avalon... we DO however have it in for several OTHER flags right now. We sunk three boats yesterday, most we've done in a long time. Cheers to... Wrath of Sithis and The Night Watch for being such hapless targets!
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Jul 19, 2006 9:09:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

Uh with that kind of a definition, then there's never been a real war anywhere *except* Midnight.

What you're looking for are adventu... is the Scallywag War. ;)
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jul 19, 2006 9:15:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

As a Viridianite I strongly advise you to sub.

~wanders back to Viridian Parley glumly~
[Jul 19, 2006 4:20:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pirateboy121

Aghh, my thread has become a "War discussion!" Thanks for the help people!
[Jul 19, 2006 6:35:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rimmington [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Viridians getting stagnent.

Sager's overreact and complain youf for non fluffy political moves.
I've never done anything more then /crew tart on Cobalt.

Midnight has wars and such, but a majority of the ocean seems in an anti-'cade alliance, well from the last time I've been there.

Hunter seems where its at. Plenty of experianced pirates, no islands yet, three near equal alliance webs, it should be fun stuff. It isn't like Sage where islands are bought frequently, but it isn't like Midnight where its pretty hard to get into the political game if you plan on blockading a lot of people. It seems like its a good, fun mix.

I make generalizations based on lack of evidence and biased opinions.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Jul 19, 2006 8:29:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

PTG wrote: 

Ohhh? !!!! I might need to get jobbed if you guys go out hunting him or if there's a pre-arranged PvP....

sum1 giv jahb plzzzzafkzzzzzz

Edit: Stupid /quote tag *grumbles*
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Jul 19, 2006 9:58:16 PM]
[Jul 19, 2006 9:57:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Havin trouble today Maj? I'll give a shout if you're online and we go a-sinkin'. Tuesday night we did three botes, cutter, merch brig, sloop from two different flags! It was awesome boomy times fantastic!

Anyway. Go 'head and subscribe, yon OPish person! It's fun over on midnight if you find the right people (read, not those who return BSB war decs).
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Jul 20, 2006 12:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
whydoirockyo

Oh Suty, you card!
Fallen,
Former Dictator Governor of Turtle

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

[Jul 20, 2006 10:28:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pirateboy121

This has almost, just almost gotten of my topic. /me looks around
[Jul 20, 2006 11:27:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rimmington [Link]  Go to top 
dewdlebug

If I were you - I'd sub, stalk Stuy then pinch Bo and Springy's bum. Oh yeah, and always use the word "pilly" as much as possible ;)
You know what they say about having sex with asians? You scupper them and you'll be horny again after an hour...
[Jul 20, 2006 11:47:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

Heh, "come to our ocean! We're ALWAYS at war!"

Just seems so whacky.

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Jul 20, 2006 12:02:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
pirateboy121

If I were you - I'd sub, stalk Stuy then pinch Bo and Springy's bum. Oh yeah, and always use the word "pilly" as much as possible ;)

I don't get it. >_>
[Jul 20, 2006 12:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rimmington [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

I don't get it. >_>
The last person who used the word "pilly" in front of Suty ended up being loaded into the cannon then fired, butt-first, clear to Cobalt. Suty then defecated upon him for moving to Cobalt.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jul 20, 2006 12:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

The last person who used the word "pilly" in front of Suty ended up being loaded into the cannon then fired, butt-first, clear to Cobalt. Suty then defecated upon him for moving to Cobalt.

<3

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Jul 20, 2006 1:03:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates