• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 87
Posts: 87   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8734 times and has 86 replies Next Thread
Erfan

The new crew review

Someone did this in Hunter Parley and I thought it was a neat idea. People post many threads about one particularly bad experience they've had jobbing with a crew. So share your experiences, good or bad, with crews you've jobbed with and give them a rating here. Complain, praise, or just vent away! I'll keep a running list in this first post, so we don't get people ranting about the same people over and over and over... or just because it's juicy information to tally up.

Individual pirates special mention:
Bootcher +1
Springheel +1
Jenfa +1
Radders +1
Bootymoe +1
Bradock +1
Fovevirgo +1
Deanyu +1
Bridalgirl +1
Stuyvesant +1 SO HARD

Says Whitefire: (listed because it's silly)
-1 Squeakbeard, he made me puzzle
-1 Bendeall, he made me puzzle
-1 Sweetiepiepi, she made me puzzle
-1 Looseweed, he made me puzzle
-1 Stuyvesant, he got us shot up

-Klingon Warriors : good=3 bad=0
*Chuttar +3

-Barnacle for Brains : good=2 bad=1
*Chrisspy +2 -1

-Don't ask to port : good=2 bad=0
*Geena +1
*Ravenmoon +1

-Empires Fall : good=1 bad=0
*Sailmaker +1

-Hell Fire for Hire : good=1 bad=0
*Looseweed +1

-Whiplash
: good=3 bad=0
*Treasuresal +3

-Death or Glory
: good=1 bad=0
*Xplosiv +1

-Pheonix Warriors : good=2 bad=0
*Sweetiepiepi +2

-Pirates Alliance : good=1 bad=0
*Rumton +1

-Chicken Sweet Chicken : good=1 bad=0
*Scooper +1

-The Phoenecians : good=1 bad=0
*Evilaurian +1 (right? I don't remember)

-BRC : good=1 bad =2
*Stainedshirt +1 -2

-To Kill a Kipper : good=1 bad=0
*Treasurejoe +1

Sorry, I stopped keeping this up as I "retired" from the forums. By "retired" I mean that I'm only around in a half-assed way until the pictures from my event are up. Thanks for the banter, it's been fun.
----------------------------------------

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Edit 21 times, last edit by Erfan at Aug 25, 2006 2:48:29 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 12:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
Noxi

Re: The new crew review

I don't job that much these days.. but whenever I get a chance, I love to job with Chuttar of the Klingon Warriors. Experienced and professional bunch. I never go home with a small or non-existant booty cut, and usually improve my stats a bit just because it's such a pleasure to sail with 'em.

I also love pillying with my own crew. But.. I'm probably biased on that one. ;)
Computer says no, I won't draw for you. D:
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Noxi at Jul 14, 2006 12:39:03 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 12:38:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Noxi, you seem to be fairly new to the forums, but please note that image signatures are not allowed.

Edited for Linky .
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Talisker at Jul 14, 2006 1:22:08 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 1:18:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Ooo ooo I hope I get lots of negatives from people who can't spell.

Chrisspy,
planking people for "being boring"
Chrisspy
[Jul 14, 2006 2:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

Ooo ooo I hope I get lots of negatives from people who can't spell.

Chrisspy,
planking people for "being boring"

I nominate you as a positive experience just because of this forum post.

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
[Jul 14, 2006 2:41:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
Koalarocker

Actually, that did upset one of my crewmates, rip me to shreds for complaining but he's a good worker. Don't want to start a tart-fest and don't need a reply, just a mention mate. I understand it's in the spirit of fun.

[/derail]

Edited to sound a bit less whiny?
Cannonade/Koalarocker
Occasionally, an avatar artist.

Did you exchange... your walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Koalarocker at Jul 14, 2006 2:50:39 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 2:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

/me gives Chrisspy a cookie for getting both a +1 and a -1 for the same thing.

/me golf claps

[Jul 14, 2006 2:52:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

To avoid this thread becoming about me (and cause trouble), I'll try to post something reasonable:

Geena and Ravenmoon of Don't ask to port. These people are the professionals, as far as I can tell, when it comes to running a pillage, and I always seek them out. It's not just about the battle-nav (although that helps) -- it's the atmosphere they create and the way they handle their jobbers and their attitude about the trip.

[Edit: removed one of the +1's because I don't remember exactly why I liked them, and removed the -1 because I don't feel strongly enough about it to tell the whole story. :)]

[Edit: entirely removed the part that started with "in my defense..." since it defeated the purpose of my post. Thanks for being un-whiny, ye who complains!]

Chrisspy,
not much is left of this post
Chrisspy
[Edit 3 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Jul 14, 2006 6:15:16 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 3:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

No no. You have to give reasons or no points will be given. Stories, tales of good runs filled with good mates (or the opposite), you get the idea.

[Jul 14, 2006 3:52:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
Noxi

Noxi, you seem to be fairly new to the forums, but please note that image signatures are not allowed.

Edited for Linky .

Oh! I apologise. I totally didn't realise.

God. Everyone was probably like.. WHO'S THAT IDIOT WITH THE BIG IMAGE IN THEIR SIGNATURE!? SOMEONE GET OUT THE BLUNT CLEAVER! IT'S SACRIFICIAL LAMB, TIME. XD

Rofl.

Seriously though. I'm sorry. <3 And I can totally understand why that's a rule. :3 Sometimes image signatures can get horrendously big. :3
Computer says no, I won't draw for you. D:
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Noxi at Jul 14, 2006 7:18:16 PM]
[Jul 14, 2006 7:15:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

cute avatar.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jul 15, 2006 12:24:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
StillMyst

Sailmaker of Hell Fire for Hire Empires Fall +1
Awesome tarting, goofiness friendly environment while great bnav. I was carping belowdeck, and didn't realise she was a girl, so I made certain inappropriate remarks regarding cannon fire to the aft of the brigand.

Looseweed of Hell Fire for Hire + 1
Everyone on Midnight should sail on the Merry Aruana at least once in their piratey career. Seriously. Stations nestled between hemp stacks and crates of hemp, a crazy rasta Captain at the wheel, it all spells F-U-N fo shizzle ma nizzle!!

Treasuresal of Whiplash +1
The lovely Sal frequently runs 150k brig pillies, and even hires out seats in the crow's nest. Beware though, often doesn't shave own legs.

Xplosiv of Death or Glory +1
Awesome bnav AND lewd vessel chat. Could a jobber ask for more? Warning: Do not stick out yer tongue without pulling it back in immediately. The crew is known for smearing poo on unsuspecting tongues. And don't fall asleep or go afk... undressing might ensue.

And of course, Bootcher +1, Sweetiepiepi +1, Springheel +1, Jenfa +1, Radders +1
Coz, like DUH.
Mogget / Midnight
Take my PoE, take my land
Take my brigs and frigates grand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sea from me...

[Jul 15, 2006 4:38:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

Chuttar of Klingons +1 again.

Just a good jobbing experience. Yay for making money.
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Jul 15, 2006 10:34:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

The lovely Sal frequently runs 150k brig pillies, and even hires out seats in the crow's nest. Beware though, often doesn't shave own legs.

I <3 Sal, and she does rock with the pillaging.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Erfan at Jul 15, 2006 12:09:58 PM]
[Jul 15, 2006 12:09:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
SeaGod

[Edit 1 times, last edit by SeaGod at Oct 10, 2006 11:17:21 AM]
[Jul 16, 2006 7:08:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

Ummm... does this mean someone else shaves them for her?
how does one apply for that job?

oh and anothe +1 for chuttar, I have never not made good poe on one of his pillages.

::looks at that sentence:: hah... math major, definately
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Jul 16, 2006 1:43:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
msanthrowpe

I was carping belowdeck, and didn't realise she was a girl, so I made certain inappropriate remarks regarding cannon fire to the aft of the brigand.

I would like to heartily endorse heavy remarks made about the aft area of brigands!

(and to say thanks as well :D)
Sailmaker

Death, but no sins.
Rumbullion tells ye, "ok sails I need to log, but remember, the liver is evil... it must be punished!"
[Jul 16, 2006 8:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Only brigands? You discriminating against barbarians? lol
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Jul 16, 2006 9:42:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

That Bednelal or whatever the hell his name is sucks - give him a -1 for me. They have terrible language and don't make any poes.
Bendeall (Bo, if you know me)

Captain, Phoenicians. Related to teh BSBizzle.

Somewhat hostile, and not very helpful

http://boomytunes.serverroom.us:7660

Tune in, Rock out. Sometimes.
[Jul 17, 2006 10:40:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Squeak22

That Bednelal or whatever the hell his name is sucks - give him a -1 for me. They have terrible language and don't make any poes.

Give that Suqekberad a -1 too! He nvr gv poes! I go out with him all but I leave in Battle but he reinvites me and laughs and laghs because the whole ship makes fun of me and he should be banned for this because he's a bad bad man plus he doesn't make any poes at all his fearsome rep is all made based on phoney rep laid down by his BSB friends because they declared war on my flag because I job people off the dock but i don't know what is so wrong with this because eveyrone wants to come pillage and jon my crue with me becasue i am the brestest and I never lose and I don't ever use cbs because that wastes poes but you have to use rum or you can't sf good

/end greenie rant

Ouch! my brain hurts!
Squeakbeard,
The Pirate King
ex-ex-ex-King of Dark Judgement(Merged into CT)
Proud owner of "Pequod"
[Jul 17, 2006 11:04:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PTforever

u suks
Blacksandpr
[Jul 17, 2006 11:05:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

Cheaters. And I know both of you and you're full of it so :P

[Jul 17, 2006 12:16:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
BenjeminR

give them -1's for cheating
Legacee
[Jul 17, 2006 12:35:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

And talking about themselves. Those egotistical bastards.
Bendeall (Bo, if you know me)

Captain, Phoenicians. Related to teh BSBizzle.

Somewhat hostile, and not very helpful

http://boomytunes.serverroom.us:7660

Tune in, Rock out. Sometimes.
[Jul 17, 2006 12:47:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

I'm just disappointed in Pr's answer. Could've elaborated.

[Jul 17, 2006 12:52:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
PTforever

I'm just disappointed in Pr's answer. Could've elaborated.

I'm just suprised I read the forums and to post twice, personal records.
Blacksandpr
[Jul 17, 2006 2:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

<3 I bring out the best in you. That's all it is.

[Jul 17, 2006 2:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

-1 Squeakbeard, he made me puzzle
-1 Bendeall, he made me puzzle
-1 Sweetiepiepi, she made me puzzle
-1 Looseweed, he made me puzzle
-1 Stuyvesant, he got us shot up
[Jul 17, 2006 3:47:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squeak22

Ah, back to the classic spades avatar now. You should go really old-school and do the double wrench one.
Squeakbeard,
The Pirate King
ex-ex-ex-King of Dark Judgement(Merged into CT)
Proud owner of "Pequod"
[Jul 17, 2006 3:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Idly wonders if this thread is the reason she's been getting so many random tells the last few days....
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 17, 2006 4:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 87   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates