• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3217 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
egc3729

SCAVENGER HUNT!!!

AHOY!
I want to test your skills as a REAL treasure hunting pirates.. well sort of..

On Monday the the 17th of July at 11AM game time (or pirate time) il'l be hosting a scavanger hunt. This is how it will unfold. At 10AM you can start sending me (EGC) tells to enter the event. At 11AM I will post the list of "treasures" you have to find on the wonderfull Midnight Ocean. For example:

1. Something pink that a girl whould wear (u can bring me a pink bandana, or a pink dress)..
2. Something you can use in a sword fight (you could bring me any type of sword or stick)
... etc.

It will all be items fairly easy to find.. and all things that you can buy.

There will be a list of aprox. 10 items (which I think is perfect.., but i'm willing to adjust this minor detail)

I will be posted on the Turtle island dock ,the first 3 poeple to send me a trade offer with all the RIGHT items will win...

1st= half of the money collected: The entrey fee is 500 poe (so if 20 poeple enter the contest, the winner will make 5 000 poe) which I think is reasonable.. and u get to keep all the items obviously!

2nd= male or female outfit (depending on sex, or what you prefer)

3rd = wisk potion.. Eh! better then nothing!

If alot of poeple participate I will make the prizes bigger =).. maybe a sloop.. never know!

NOTE: You can make teams.. it whould be a fun event for your crew =) get the team spirit going
If I don't get your 500 poe entry fee before 11AM you can't participate... sorry =(
HAVE FUN! It's an easy way to win a good amount of poe
And all the money will go towards my flag

IL'L SEE YOU MONDAY!
----------------------------------------
EGC Capt of the Guppy Wackers!!

All art work provided by L&L avatars.

Addicted to clothes? Get some for cheap!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by egc3729 at Jul 13, 2006 1:31:11 PM]
[Jul 13, 2006 1:24:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Re: SCAVENGER HUNT!!!

to clarify: is it a trade request to show you the items collected or give them to you?
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Jul 13, 2006 4:31:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

To answer your question...

It's ONLY a trade request to show them to me.. You do NOT give me the items.. I repeat.. you DO NOT give me the items.. lol

=)

Should of been clearer

EGC

[Jul 13, 2006 6:29:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saltations

Hey Eqe!

Sorry can't go! :( I know I said I could but I have to the dentist! Check up. So sorry again! I really wanted to! =(

Artioctic
[Jul 13, 2006 8:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

Minor details I forgot...

When you pay your entree fee I will job you in my crew. Il'l post the list of crew in a crew tell. This way everyone will get the list of items you have to find at the same time.

Alot more poeple that I thought are interested in this.. so for every 10 poeple that join I will throw in an extra prize.. So your chances of winning are 1 in 10!!! WOW!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by egc3729 at Jul 14, 2006 8:24:47 AM]
[Jul 14, 2006 7:58:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Craigington

This could be a interesting Event.
Sinkers Ltd
[Jul 14, 2006 9:48:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaibaman2004

Sounds fun. Yarrr :-D
Midnight: Hidendra
[Jul 14, 2006 10:56:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidendra_7    Hidendra [Link]  Go to top 
brookieblue

that sounds like alot of fun i just think that the entry might be a little high because not everyone has alot of poe really and most of the people will need more money for buying the items

just my opinion but it is you're event so it doesn't really matter what i think
I'm not dumb or stupid.
I'm blonde, so deal with it.

OH MY GOSH! You HAVE to check out this link! v

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?name=Brookieblue
[Edit 1 times, last edit by brookieblue at Jul 14, 2006 10:58:34 AM]
[Jul 14, 2006 10:58:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

you're not the first person to tell me that it might be a little high. My only concern is that if I lower the entry fee there will be less prizes. I really don't know what to do.
If anyone has an entry fee suggestion don't be shy to post it on this thread. =)

Thank you mates!

Keep in mind that the more the entry fee is high the more prizes there is

[Jul 14, 2006 11:02:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

I think it's a cool event, but I already got a report of one of my crew mates getting a random (must have been at the dock or inn)tell from you about this event...

If you're advertising here, I don't think going around sending random tells is necessary.
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Jul 14, 2006 3:37:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
soldeen

This scavenger hunt looks awesome!...11 a.m. by what time zone though?
Dyelshi (Midnight),

Senior Officer in ACTION PATROL!,
Member of the flag Don't Panic.
[Jul 14, 2006 8:38:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

You may want to come up with some sort of ruling on whether or not mates can help each other find the items.....

Just in case.
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Jul 14, 2006 10:54:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

Ok..

First it's 11 AM game time(PDT).. To know what the game time is..
type ----> /info

And yes pirates are aloud to make teams and help each other.. but if a team wins they have to share the prize and I will only job one of the team mates in my crew so he will have to tell the items to his team mates. Whoever gives me the trade request gets the prize.. i'm not in charge of deciding how the prize is divided

[Edit 1 times, last edit by egc3729 at Jul 15, 2006 7:42:10 AM]
[Jul 15, 2006 7:27:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catennismom

would all your team mates have to pay to play? or would only one person pay 500 or what ever the entry fee is?
Katterina on Midnight
Wanderer of Crews
[Jul 15, 2006 1:09:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

Yes.. only one person in the team whould pay the entry fee.. That's why you whould have to divide the prize if you win.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by egc3729 at Jul 16, 2006 8:33:45 AM]
[Jul 16, 2006 8:11:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

The event was great. Except a few people didn't have the maturity to play the game. lol

But for the poeple who did participate well done! it was great

1st place (sloop) = Dian
2= Beardyblaid
3= Pawz
4=Ike
5=Kimers

[Jul 17, 2006 12:04:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
silverlad

it was a great event tho some are still arguing about it and thanks for teh sloop
Signed,
Silverlas,

Dian of Midnight
[Jul 17, 2006 12:33:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates