• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14710 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
crazejw

Escape's Avatars (Reworked)- Payment accepted on all oceans

I just made this first avatar and image for example purposes. This is about how the avatars will look, but of course tailored to your pirate and interests, etc. If you'd like one, please pm or post here. Also, if anyone would like to purchase this avatar, feel free to let me know.

* You may also request animations in your avatars if preferred *

----------------------------------------
Joe, from the Emerald Shore
[Edit 12 times, last edit by crazejw at Jul 20, 2006 10:20:50 AM]
[Jul 12, 2006 10:04:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smashman2004

Re: Escape's Avatars (Reworked)- Payment accepted on all oceans

hey how much?
[Jul 14, 2006 7:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crazejw

Not sure of price. I don't want to go too high to scare away potential customers, but it's a lot of work, so I'd like a fair amount. I'd hope around 25k each at least, but items are acceptable also
[Edit 1 times, last edit by crazejw at Jul 14, 2006 9:36:59 AM]
[Jul 14, 2006 7:40:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
whoknew1

Not sure of price. I don't want to go too high to scare away potential customers, but it's a lot of work, so I'd like a fair amount. I'd hope around 25k each at least, but items are acceptable also

Whoa! Slow down there: I could buy a ship for 25K. Id say a reasonable price would be like 3K.
flatulating about movies is like dancing with an architect
[Jul 16, 2006 2:04:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaalvoet

Whoa! Slow down there: I could buy a ship for 25K. Id say a reasonable price would be like 3K.

You're looking for discount paint edited screen shots. I'd say 25k is just right for this level of work.
The Infamous Feline Pirate
Kitt on Cobalt

Rehio says, "Yes, O Mistress"
[Jul 16, 2006 2:19:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    PinkxLimonade [Link]  Go to top 
Shmeernov

I don't think they're worth 25k... Whoknew is right... we could buy a painted sloop with that kinda cash... 3k seems a bit low for that kinda work however, the work isn't just originally drawn... its taken from a portrait which was done by the game... I'd think about 5-10k is fair depending on the difficulty...

I am interested in buying one of these avatars but as I stated earlier, I don't wanna pay 25k. Seeing as I am on an Apple that cannot draw or edit graphics, I can't edit my own pictures or draw them myself.
[Shmeernov of Viridian] Retired Captain
[Wraessi of Hunter] Marooned Pirate
Thorn is a Fruitcake! | Visit Grave Dagger [Aimuari Island]
[Jul 17, 2006 6:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crazejw

First of all, it's originally drawn and nothing is taken from portraits. Second, 5-10k for hours of drawing and coloring just isn't worth it for me. As with everyone's avatars on the forums, skill comes with each new avatar, as you can see with any of the top sellers. If you think it's too much, please don't clutter my thread with negative comments.
[Jul 17, 2006 6:16:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Just chiming in to say I think you've got the pricing about right.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 17, 2006 6:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I love my new avatar! I think it was worth every last poe, probably a lot more!

/me feels lucky to have commissioned one before the price rises.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at Jul 17, 2006 7:17:09 PM]
[Jul 17, 2006 7:13:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

I see no problem with your pricing, someone people are just cheapskates.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Jul 17, 2006 8:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
query

Shmeernov wrote: 
I don't think they're worth 25k... Whoknew is right... we could buy a painted sloop with that kinda cash... 3k seems a bit low for that kinda work however, the work isn't just originally drawn... its taken from a portrait which was done by the game... I'd think about 5-10k is fair depending on the difficulty...

I am interested in buying one of these avatars but as I stated earlier, I don't wanna pay 25k. Seeing as I am on an Apple that cannot draw or edit graphics, I can't edit my own pictures or draw them myself.

You've never had/seen a portrait done by the game, have you mate?

Edit to remove my silly question that was answered in the thread title!

I shall send you a PM. =]
If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Edit 1 times, last edit by query at Jul 18, 2006 12:36:21 AM]
[Jul 18, 2006 12:34:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
windex_777

If you don't like the price, don't buy them. Simple as that. Otherwise, shhhh.

Pricing seems fair to me as well.
~Redthepirate

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~Will Rogers
[Jul 18, 2006 7:37:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

I love my new avatar! I think it was worth every last poe, probably a lot more!

/me feels lucky to have commissioned one before the price rises.

OK, yeah that is pretty spiffy, Polly.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jul 18, 2006 10:01:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peanutswench

/me lubs me new avatar.

Money well spent! After two years with my Dori avatar, it's good to have a change.
Peanutswench
------
[Jul 19, 2006 10:23:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
query

Worth every bit of PoE I paid. Thanks, Escape!
If I weren't such a refined lady, I'd beat the crap out of you. ~ Doris Wodsworth/Washington/Waverley/Wilgus

[Jul 19, 2006 2:21:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.riddlersrealm.com [Link]  Go to top 
Irelay

Harr, I love me new avatar! And as Escape's first repeat customer, I can say his avatars have dramatically increased in quality! Way to go :)

Heartilyendorse++
Irelay l Otherwhen l Water Sleeps
Mightnight Ocean pirate since August '04
[Jul 19, 2006 2:49:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

Yarr!
Cohog
[Jul 20, 2006 8:08:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
elsquido

I saw Polly's avatar and had to come post in this thread to say it's perfect. Spot-on perfect. Escape, fine work here! If anything it's underpriced for what I'd pay.
Squido!
Rotating avatars by Arshiss, Dian, Empanado, KingPriam, Raquaetta, SCURVYSOO, Shortyjack, Squido.
[Jul 23, 2006 3:37:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates