• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 121
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10057 times and has 120 replies Next Thread
scabard

Help us save Terra Island

We are starting a fund with 1 million POE in it to try and restore Terra Island to the Jewel it is supposed to be in the Viridian. We are also trying to rectify and repair some of the damage done by us (SX).

Any donations will be welcome and we will highly appreciate it. We want to dust a lot of shoppes and lower taxes on the island, so that I will once again be restored to its former glory. I want to plant trees on Terra and make it the oasis it was meant to be.

All donations can be given to Kalani, Myself or Allirra and We would like anyone donating funds to this project to post a reply to this post so that we can keep tabs on the ppl donating money to the Island's restoration

We might have made a slow start but we are certainly in this for the long haul.

Scabard
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by scabard at Jul 12, 2006 2:06:45 AM]
[Jul 12, 2006 12:58:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Re: Help us save Terra Island

*+*+*+*+

I will donate 200k and 25 % of my coffers from all pillages.

Shop owners start sending us your offers on your shoppes, and please make them reasonable =)

*+*+*+*+
*+*+*Princess of Star Explorers*+*+*

"Nothing is forever, cept memories...."

[Jul 12, 2006 2:04:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

We screwed it up, so now donate money to help us fix it, please. +*+**+*++*+*+*+*.

So, you are saying, that after the ocean trusting you guys to get the job done the first time, you completely booched it, by keeping taxes high and putting on new shoppes, and that you need more money to get back on track? You've had your chance, leave the island, go back to Dendrite, and let someone who is actually competent take it and run it.

Donate to the "Make Terra Free of Idiots" campaign. Hopefully, we get enough money to just buy the damn thing and take it off their hands before they wreak anymore havoc with the economy.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Jul 12, 2006 5:39:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

We screwed it up, so now donate money to help us fix it, please. +*+**+*++*+*+*+*.
Wow, Des, you totally beat me to this one. Terra doesn't need saving (in my personal opinion), nor does it need a flag that, if they do desire to save the unwilling or unable, to ask the rest of the ocean to do what it can't. Go chat up the people who handled the restoration on Mid. Ask for donations when you have a gameplan in place and have placed the effort behind the gameplan, which you haven't quite yet, obviously.

And when you're done restoring it, give it away as a sign of good faith. Okay? ;)
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jul 12, 2006 5:45:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Thank you Des and Demon your point has been heard.

Now lets move on..

*+*+

[Jul 12, 2006 5:52:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lisawilson62

I will donate 25% from my pillages to help the cause..
Sxybby
banned and waiting
Back to do something..
[Jul 12, 2006 5:55:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cwolfy

You will possibly need close to 20 mil at 800k a shoppe to fix it just to get blockaded again to have the new flag move in and sell those new plot again? Good luck with it.

-/-*--/*/--/*/*-* or something like those thing seem to be in the fad in this thread.
[Jul 12, 2006 5:57:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Why are people actually giving money? "We made our millions selling shoppes, now help us delete those shoppes so our PR can recover."

I respect you guys at SX, but stick to a track. First its liberating SX, then it's further paving it, now its paving it while liberating it?

Please donate 1mil for my own personal funds, I could cause more excitement with it then dusting shoppes.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Jul 12, 2006 6:41:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Thank you Moler for your input too, SX didnt make a dime nor a million.

We move on.

[Jul 12, 2006 7:12:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

You know, you can get an absolute emotional read on Kalani by the length of her post glitter. Right now she's pissed at us.

The truth hurts.
[Jul 12, 2006 7:16:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Not at all Pissed , in fact I expected nothing less from you ...

Back to the topic..

*+*+

[Jul 12, 2006 7:22:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joris

Very admirable idea considering you (SX) are at the moment constructing a 12th shipyard on Terra.

I'l be nice though, I own 4 shoppes on Terra, and will sell them seperately for:
Distillery: 800K
Weavery: 650K
Apothecary: 950K
Tailor: 1.4 M

Buy them all for 3.5 M (that saves you 300K)

Prices not negotiable, if you don't like them, tough. I am not trying to get rid of them, just offering you some shoppes to possibly buy out to dust.
Belgica
Teh Poke faktor candidate 07/07
[Jul 12, 2006 7:24:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lisawilson62

you know what why dont yous try and help this flag instead of slamming them?

or if you have nothing constructive to say dont bother posting it,,

Scabard Kalani and the flag are trying their best keep up the good work mates..
Sxybby
banned and waiting
Back to do something..
[Jul 12, 2006 7:30:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scabard

Thank you very much......I will make sure I get the POE together and I will definately take you up on that

I highly appreciate you offer
[Jul 12, 2006 7:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

you know what why dont yous try and help this flag instead of slamming them?

Scabard Kalani and the flag are trying their best keep up the good work mates..

Welcome to the forums. Slamming folks is what we do here.

Shutting up isn't one of our collective strong suits. That's why we are here. On the forums.

If Scabard, Kalani, and SX really want to make Terra purdy again, they should sell their blockade fleet. It's one or the other, folks, what's it gonna be?

I may just be a loud drunken hobo banging on pots and pans (see another Terra thread, post by- you guessed it - "*+*+*+"), but let's call a spade a spade here. You guys have no idea how to fix the island. You have no plans drawn up. You haven't talked to the people that rebuilt Cnossos on Middy. Zero preperation = SX makes a mockery of itself, again.

On that note, I am more than willing to buy your blockade fleet at extremely low prices. Brigs 5k, Frigs 10. Contact me.

Des,

Also, note that Belgica is being nice. He needs money like the rest of us need skin rashes. Random statement of the day.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by juventus1 at Jul 12, 2006 7:54:10 AM]
[Jul 12, 2006 7:53:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

You may slam people, Des, I try not to. Precision always seems to work far better.

I don't see the point of blindly throwing poe at a flag big and strong enough to take Terra in the first place, to be honest, when I haven't a clue where my poe is going. Go forth and brig pillage or something. This is just glorified begging until you have some plans in place and some accountability.

With hugs, DY
[Jul 12, 2006 8:02:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scabard

We have indeed tried to contact the person that rebuilt Cnossos, and we are dispaching carrier pigeons as we speak. I have been in contact with people that know him and hence the silence about it. We intend to deliver on promises
[Edit 1 times, last edit by scabard at Jul 12, 2006 8:07:20 AM]
[Jul 12, 2006 8:05:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joris

If you do intend to sell your blockade fleet, or just some of it, I can make a relatively decent offer. It's not what you would pay at an SY, but i make them at 85K, so I will offer you 95K per frig. I don't buy war brigs, sorry.

If you do intend to buy the shoppes, just tell me when and they are yours for the prices listed above. Good luck.
Belgica
[Jul 12, 2006 8:22:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scabard

This is not a thread to sell our war fleet.....Our efforts to restore terra will be null and void if we fix it and someone just blockades terra and wins, and then destroys it again. Once again, this thread is intended to ask for co-operation (Not Begging), to help us restore terra. There might be some pleasant surprises to ppl who contribute.

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive
[Jul 12, 2006 8:44:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

You're basically saying all Twiggy did was bad. He made a decision as monarch and stuck to it. Now you are pubically saying his decision was bad and it needs rectifying. This seems like an internal problem, not something the ocean needs.

Loyalty++
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Jul 12, 2006 9:33:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Nay we are not - Moler =)

Back to our initial question now mates.....

[Jul 12, 2006 9:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lisawilson62

[quote][quote]you know what why dont yous try and help this flag instead of slamming them?

Scabard Kalani and the flag are trying their best keep up the good work mates..[/quote]

Welcome to the forums. Slamming folks is what we do here.

Shutting up isn't one of our collective strong suits. That's why we are here. On the forums.

If Scabard, Kalani, and SX really want to make Terra purdy again, they should sell their blockade fleet. It's one or the other, folks, what's it gonna be?

Des,

i appreciate your welcome mate why should they sell their blockade fleet when they are trying to make the island a better place..

selling our ships would leave us unable to defend it when it is a better place and believe me i have no doubt it will be a much better place..

:D sxybby
Sxybby
banned and waiting
Back to do something..
[Jul 12, 2006 9:41:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

I think "saving Terra Island" should be "solved"/"done" by the flag itself and not by any non-flagmembers.

Understandable that SX has, mainly, not much to do with the bad condition (in yours eyes) of Terra Island. This doesn't mean that you have to get PoE/help from others not even related to SX. Do it yourself.

SX is too poor to fix it themself?
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Jul 12, 2006 9:44:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lisawilson62

It wasnt SX that ruined this isle in the first place and surely others would want to help make this isle better?
Sxybby
banned and waiting
Back to do something..
[Jul 12, 2006 9:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Everyone is entitled to their opinion........

Thank you Saltake !

You dont want to help ? No wucking forries...

You do.......? Great ...Talk to us !

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jewel27 at Jul 12, 2006 11:19:38 AM]
[Jul 12, 2006 9:51:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

True SX did not start the ruining of Terra but to post a thread asking people to donate money to "Save Terra" while they are building yet another shoppe there (of which both the OP and Kalani are managers) looks like a nice money-making scheme: "Give us money so we can dust the shoppes that we are building..."
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Jul 12, 2006 9:52:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

I wasn't monarch or govenor which equaled the liberation plan.

I became monarch and govenor and implemented what i wanted to do, and stuck with it.

I no longer fill those roles.

There really are no inconsistancies here or broken promises, just a whole lot of change in leadership. But i do not intend on returning to those roles.

The person who built that shipyard isn't even in the flag anymore.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Jul 12, 2006 9:54:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joris

This is not a thread to sell our war fleet.....Our efforts to restore terra will be null and void if we fix it and someone just blockades terra and wins, and then destroys it again. Once again, this thread is intended to ask for co-operation (Not Begging), to help us restore terra. There might be some pleasant surprises to ppl who contribute.

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive

Hence why the words

If you do intend to
were used.

No one said you need to sell the whole fleet, but assuming you have a decent size fleet maybe you could cut a frig out here or there. I'm offering to help in a way that I feel comfortable doing. I feel comfortable selling my shoppes to be dusted, and I feel comfortable paying a relatively good price for ships that might not be needed, the sale poe of which can be used to buy out my shoppes.
Belgica
[Jul 12, 2006 11:01:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

Jewel wrote: 
<blahblah>

Thank you Saltlake !

<blahblah>

Please...drop the second "l". I am ... NO ... lake.
/me sighs.

EDIT. Let's spell: S A L T A K E.
:)

Twiggy wrote: 
The person who built that shipyard isn't even in the flag anymore.

Get him(/her) back and let him(/her) pay and suffer.
/me laughs evily and ends with a shrug.
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Saltake at Jul 12, 2006 11:16:30 AM]
[Jul 12, 2006 11:15:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jewel27

Oh done Saltake.

....all fixed!

*+*+*+

[Jul 12, 2006 11:20:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates