• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3140 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Rmarsbar

Balls or Brains [22nd July 10am]

Ah, the age old question.. do you go for the balls or go for the brains? Well, as long as you're grand-master or higher in gunning, I can give you both (baby)!

Gunning events aren't perfect, so here's a gunning event with a twist! Balls or Brains challenges people's gunning skills along side their ability to conjure up simple nothing-related-to answers.

Date: Saturday 22nd July 10am pst / 6pm bst

The Setup:

>The event would be run on a war brig in sea battle for 25 people, lasting about 2 and a half hours.
>Before each competitor, guns are shot. Board is then checked and any non-dirty guns are loaded, then shot, to make them dirty.
>As soon as the clock is started and the phrase GO! shouted, the competitor has 3 minutes to take their gun and start loading. After each gun is loaded a simple trivia question must be answered before the competitor can load the next gun - not adhering to this will mean mwah mwah mwaaaaah for their score. Competitors don't have to leave the puzzle to answer a question; they can use p or esc to answer, then carry on gunning by pressing esc again or clicking back on the board.
>An incorrect or passed question loses the competitor half a point, but as said before the questions must be answered.
>During each competitor's round, after a random cannon load, they are given a "supermegahahaha" question, worth 3 points, and pretty hard.
>When the 3 minutes are up, STOP! will be shouted, mainly for the judge's benefit. The winner will be the competitor with the most points, or in the event of a tie, there will be a "slightly-harder-but-still-simple-trivia showdown"!
>There will be nice tiddly bits with extra prizes in between gunners, so no slackin' on your yackin' all the time.

The Nity-Gritty Rules:
Jobbing starts 30 minutes before event

Grandmaster gunners or higher

Each gun loaded is one point. Each question answered correctly is one point.

Silence, including duty station leaving, must be maintained whilst a competitor guns, because of the whole question-asking aspect of the game, y'know?

"Slightly-harder-but-still-simple-trivia showdown" is a quickfire of 7 questions, whoever gets the most right by beating their oppoenent to the answer wins.

Other Notes:
Questions will be said aloud in vessel chat - both Q and A

Judge's decision is final, if unquestioned at time of 'ruling'

Prizes - Courtesy of Superlemon Krakatoa
1st prize: Governor for a day, with portrait and first choice of other prize:

2nd to 8th choice of:

War Frigate from Akaterini renamed to Smoking Barrelfish
War Brig from Oldin
Yellow/lime painted sloop renamed Little Bang
Choice of outfit (no black/gold)
Choice of sword (no black/white)
Choice of mug (no black/white)
Choice of bludgeon (no black/white)
Yellow/Lime Clawfoot Tub

Plea
I am stuck in school right up until this happens, so please please please pm me here (forum account Rmarsbar) or email me at Rmarzbarr@gmail.com with your 'trivia' questions - hard or easy, they're all good!

EDIT: Also, some trinkets, but I bet y'all got tired of them by now.
----------------------------------------
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Rmarsbar at Jul 22, 2006 4:45:57 AM]
[Jul 11, 2006 12:56:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Re: Balls or Brains [22nd July 10am]

any chance that you can enter a little late? My ocl match is at 10 that day
[Jul 11, 2006 4:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thews

perhaps i missed it, but how does one sign up for this event?
[Jul 16, 2006 12:48:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

No preregistration required.

Jobbing starts at 9.30am PST (type /info in game for current PST time) Saturday.

Later joining.... maybe, and sending me trivia might sway me...
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jul 16, 2006 9:28:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Prizes updated. There will be no broadcast, but I'll post here when we start jobbing for any forum lurkers who want to join in.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jul 22, 2006 4:52:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Jobbing has begun

/tell Rmarzbarr for a job.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jul 22, 2006 9:30:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

/me hugggles the superlemons so much for this event! It was GREAT!
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Jul 22, 2006 11:45:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Follow up:

With a grand 6 contestants, we still had fun!

After gunning, the scores were

Raquaetta, Drilly - 13 points
Bridalgirl, Patkat - 12 points
Oppy - 11 points

Raquaetta and Bridalgirl got the tiebreakers, so the prizes they chose were....

Raquaetta - Governor for a day - 1st place ribbon - War Frig renamed Smoking Barrelfish
Drilly - 2nd place ribbon - war brig
Bridalgirl - Sloop renamed Little Bang - 3rd place ribbon
Patkat - Tub
Oppy - choice of sword

Even with the small turnout, I and my minions had a great time running this event, and lookout for us in the future! :)

EDIT: Not grand... war!
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rmarsbar at Jul 22, 2006 11:48:07 AM]
[Jul 22, 2006 11:46:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
happymonkeys

Thanks mates fer the event, it was a *lot* of fun!
<3s for the brilliant prizes, the riddles, the quick copy/pasting... probably some more too, hehe.

Do this again, you guys!
--Raquaetta, Midnight
Avatars still in the works...having a bit of a creative block heh..
[Jul 22, 2006 11:51:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

Raq your avatar is the cutest thing I've ever seen!
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Jul 22, 2006 12:04:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Argemone

If you ever do this again, you will definately have at least one more - damn holidays!
Ligeia (Ly-Gee-Ah), Midnight Cerulean
Going Down,
Universe A
[Jul 26, 2006 2:30:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates