• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4258 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
TheSeahag

FYI: A Monarch to Watch Out For.

I was jobbing as an alt today, and took a few jobs through the notice board. I did some puzzling, had a few laughs and met some new people.

At one point, I took a job with Harlem Hell Fighters. Their monarch, Coolmanfu was at the helm. I was on the boat not 15 seconds before he pressed me with a crew invitation, which I declined. I said in vessel chat "Um, no I don't want to join your crew." I was then promptly planked.

I sent him a tell (still as my alt) telling him that randomly pressing mates into your crew is not cool. He maintained that because I was on his ship, he could pretty much do what he wanted.

I then logged as my main and asked him if he'd been crew-pressing mates in my flag. I probably wouldn't be so peeved now, if he didn't straight-up lie to me and tell me that the person in question had told him "yeah sure" in response to the crew request. I called him on the lie, and he made some deeply confusing threat to the effect of: "my day was coming."

Just to make sure this wasn't a random thing, I jobbed on my greenie alt. Hop on & boom - crew invite. This particular alt got planked when I pointed out that the Captain had been /shout spamming the entire swordfight, and then told his jobbers to "shut up" when we lost.

I added him to the PvP all-star list, but I figured others might like to warn more junior crew-members to at least avoid jobbing with him.
----------------------------------------
Briggs Says, "Dr. Hag is bringing the Prescription for pain!"
[Jul 11, 2006 12:41:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Re: FYI: A Monarch to Watch Out For.

Another valid reason why when im not sailing myself and go pillaging with others, its always with people i know.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Jul 11, 2006 12:52:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

Ive met coolmanfu before and thought he was ok and freindly. Then 3 days later in his flags public statement that he will roll over the ocean like he rolled over me (vova). I was offline and a few flag mates went to pvp his flag. There was no battle since they sat at a point and wouldent move (smart move). He claims that line is from a real song but since vova is my RL name and ive never heard it I doubt it really exists but I can be wrong, Just weird way to act for someone who was trying to" befreind "me.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Jul 11, 2006 3:26:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

Damn. I was expecting this thread to be about me.

Ah, well. Maybe next time. Meanwhile I'll look into following Suty with the wardec fun.
Blackfletch

How many small shot does it take to sink a Grand Frigate? One.
[Jul 11, 2006 3:45:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

You should also watch out for another monarch, Stuyvesant. He runs a really mean flag full of hardcore pillagers and puzzlers called Black Sheep Brigade. They've been known to declare war on a flag because something's spelled wrong in their statement, or because they insult great pieces of literature with their stupidity! I don't understand, I just want to play the game nice!

He's a really mean guy, honestly, I think he's crazy. Sometimes he'll be talking and just start singing in the middle of a conversation. And he swears a lot, it's scary!
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Jul 11, 2006 4:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Some complete stranger wrote: 
You should also watch out for another monarch, Stuyvesant. He runs a really mean flag full of hardcore pillagers and puzzlers called Black Sheep Brigade. They've been known to declare war on a flag because something's spelled wrong in their statement, or because they insult great pieces of literature with their stupidity! I don't understand, I just want to play the game nice!

He's a really mean guy, honestly, I think he's crazy. Sometimes he'll be talking and just start singing in the middle of a conversation. And he swears a lot, it's scary!

Hey don't talk mean about Stuyvesant. If being cultured and having standards with the English language is a crime, then I'll be locked up soon!

Besides, pillies are what I take for a headache :(
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jul 11, 2006 4:38:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

But Stuyvesant is uber cool! He's the King of a flag named after SHEEP! How can you go wrong?
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jul 11, 2006 4:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

By the way, I uber-coolly had already dec'd his butt. A long time back.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 11, 2006 10:21:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

But Stuyvesant is uber cool! He's the King of a flag named after SHEEP! How can you go wrong?
He gets drunk then lets that freak PTG drive botes sink half the fleet?
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jul 11, 2006 11:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

He also writes hilarious posts on other flags' forums. Silly. "Whatever! I'll post where I want!"
/me laughs herself silly every time she sees that

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Jul 12, 2006 10:36:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

You can't hate a king that you can get to do your dirty work for you.... down to flagpressers...er... whatever the term is! Plus, he's the only one I've ever heard swear or sing "Made with Love Furniture" on Shanty Radio. ++Bonus Points there!

<3 Stuyvesant

-Shortyjack
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jul 12, 2006 11:00:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
StillMyst

Oh haha! I've heard him!
/e sings to herself "Made with love furniture! We're on Namath Island!"
/e giggles
Mogget / Midnight
Take my PoE, take my land
Take my brigs and frigates grand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sea from me...

[Jul 15, 2006 4:43:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

ok...finally tarted my mind enough to look this dude up. crew was made may 1 of this year...out of 64 members in crew, 46 are cabin people which strongly shows he or even they press everyone especialy greenies. so...anyway..
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Jul 15, 2006 9:30:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

ok...finally tarted my mind enough to look this dude up. crew was made may 1 of this year...out of 64 members in crew, 46 are cabin people which strongly shows he or even they press everyone especialy greenies. so...anyway..

Yeah, we actually PvP'd him the day that I made the OP. After we relieved him of 38K and change, I explained to him exactly why he was attacked.

Hopefully that will do the trick.
[Jul 16, 2006 8:39:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smdurham

By the way, I uber-coolly had already dec'd his butt. A long time back.

/me pretends to be shocked at this information.
Blarneybelle
SO Phoenix Warriors
Queen Tyr's Own

Leif tells you, "All's bear in love and war"
[Jul 23, 2006 11:33:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Disneybellesmd [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

U are smdurham? Durham roxxorz.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 23, 2006 2:30:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GeckoBlade

Coolmanfu's flag description/info thingy said:

anything you have heard about this flag and dont panic is not true...i am good friends with them, so please keep that in mind (im not going against them in anyway, im backing them on anything they do)

Coolmanfu's crew description/info thingy said:

-insert very long, hard-to-read message Geckoblade does not have the attention span to retype here-

Congratulations Coolmanfu, you are the first recipient of Geckoblade's Immature Captain and/or Monarch Of The Week award.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by GeckoBlade at Jul 23, 2006 3:09:34 PM]
[Jul 23, 2006 3:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

Coolmanfu's flag description/info thingy said:

anything you have heard about this flag and dont panic is not true...i am good friends with them, so please keep that in mind (im not going against them in anyway, im backing them on anything they do)

Um, I don't even know what the heck this means. If someone in the Leone's (sic) reads these forums, can you have him remove this from the flag statement? It confuses me, and I'm *in* DP.

Edit: Format-o-matic.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TheSeahag at Jul 23, 2006 4:15:40 PM]
[Jul 23, 2006 4:14:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhilFine

Yeah, we actually PvP'd him the day that I made the OP. After we relieved him of 38K and change, I explained to him exactly why he was attacked.

Just want to point out, if I was targeting people for pvp, you guys would have a freakin cow.

My attack whomever is green works great. ;)
Kbhunter on Midnight
Famousbrat on Meridian
[Jul 25, 2006 8:47:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

Just want to point out, if I was targeting people for pvp, you guys would have a freakin cow.

My attack whomever is green works great. ;)

Have I been dockpressing again? I really need to stop that.
[Jul 25, 2006 9:16:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Actually, Seahag, I believe KBhunter meant "Green" might rings, not "Green" greenies.

Clarifying.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jul 27, 2006 9:45:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

Actually, Seahag, I believe KBhunter meant "Green" might rings, not "Green" greenies.

Clarifying.

Right, I understood that. I guess what I was insinuating was, based on:

...if I was targeting people for pvp, you guys would have a freakin cow.

that I hadn't done anything to warrant "PvP Targeting," since it seems to be more of an 'enforcement' mechanism. If there are jerks out there who break the rules of decent conduct, I'd personally have no problem with KBhunter or anyone else bringing the noise.

Apropos of that, Coolmanfu ended up apologizing recently in-game and acknowledging that crew pressing is bad form.
[Jul 27, 2006 9:56:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

My bad =)
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jul 27, 2006 10:51:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

My bad =)

No, I totally understand why that earlier post of mine wasn't clear. If I were going around dockpressing though, neither I nor anyone else could turn around and have a cow as KB put it, if we ended up on someone's hit list.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by TheSeahag at Jul 27, 2006 11:10:04 AM]
[Jul 27, 2006 11:09:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rinic

I think he may have tried to dockpress me a while ago when I was crewless >.>
[Jul 27, 2006 1:23:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

I got dock pressed by kingsknights (I didn't typo their name, they did) last night when i stepped foot on Alpha. I've taken to accepting the offer then informing them on their own /crew chat that they suck because they're dock pressers and dock-pressers suck. Sadly, the only person on in the crew last night was the chick that dock pressed me. She didn't say a word. Suty logged on, War Dec issued, kthxbai.

Out of a crew of 59, one was me (Jobbing Pirate) and 49 were cabin people.

I get a real kick out of accepting the dock pressers invites then informing everyone on /jcrew that their practices suck and that they just demonstrated extremely poor form. It gives me warm fuzzies.

Silk,
Tormenting the Dock Pressers right back!
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 27, 2006 5:43:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates