• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 66
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10427 times and has 65 replies Next Thread
Sagittary

Midnight Theater Troupe

Hear ye, hear ye!

I'm interested in sponsoring a theater troupe for Midnight to perform plays for those pirates who want to lounge for a few hours instead of pillaging and getting black eyes. All the nitty-gritty still needs to be worked out, but for those interested in organizing, drop a line here. No actors need apply at the moment; I'm just seeing whom is interested in helping me get everything together as it is a big undertaking.
----------------------------------------
Darkwaters, Captain of the Sagely Swashbucklers, Owner of the Mean Stickleback & the Ignorant Grunion
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

Re: Midnight Theater Troupe

if i can help at all, i'd be happy to. I'm a huge fan of this sort of thing in online games (yet can't stand the stuff in real life!)
[Nov 1, 2003 12:12:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
puzjunky

I'll act in any roles ye need. just send me scripts in advance

-Wendolina
SO of Rudder Rampage
Talons

who was I again?
[Nov 1, 2003 12:40:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    talonsypp [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoMantis

I've always loved acting.

I'm an accurate, quick typer with a flare for role-playing and dramatic speech.

I'd be happy to help or join, please let me know when/if you get this going as I'm very interested in where this could go.
Legionnaire, Imperial Fist Chapter
Prince of Lost Legion
[Nov 1, 2003 2:45:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Sounds interesting. Count me in.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Nov 1, 2003 7:30:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

And I as well.
[Nov 1, 2003 7:31:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

I am in.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Nov 1, 2003 7:34:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
Genavee

I'm in too....

Sounds like fun!
Genavee

Senior Officer of The Sea Dogs
[Nov 1, 2003 8:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

Egads! Yar!
Cryptic

When the fell moon rises and kingdoms fall
There's a time of darkness before cock's call
When the Tide washes in from windward to lee
And she leaves behind her a blood-red sea
[Nov 1, 2003 9:54:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

Ooooo! Me, me!
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Nov 1, 2003 9:56:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RCMasterAA

Sounds good to me! I'll be in!
~~~ Liat ~~~
Sailmaster Extraordinaire
Gets out and pushes

[Nov 1, 2003 12:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jer

I'm in. Definitely!
[size=9]I'm Jericho.
[Nov 1, 2003 1:37:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pp-nest.net/ [Link]  Go to top 
alexg

me! me! me!
-Autumn

Arrr! n' stuff.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://exxquisitecorpse.deviantart.com    exxquisitecorpse [Link]  Go to top 
DrunknBfly

The theatre! The theatre! I am in!

Edited to say: Ooh, I so wanted to have a bard sort of event as well, where people sang songs or told stories. Common sort of traveling performance troupe there. :)
Pierut of Crimson Tide, formerly Looterati, not dead.

Shinrai tells you, "zomg u r an om i meen loot"

[Nov 1, 2003 9:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://magiccheese.pyen.com/    Ravenlarke [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

I'm in.
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Nov 1, 2003 10:53:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

I'm keen :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Nov 2, 2003 6:03:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peneli

Sounds like fun, count me in!
Malachite: Marika
Cobalt: Thingbeard (retired)
Midnight: Nancelot (retired)
[Nov 2, 2003 12:46:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    MiladyEpona [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoMantis

Looks like the idea is very well recieved! Any word on when this thing's going to start?
Prince of Lost Legion
[Nov 2, 2003 1:14:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skipper

Count me in!
[Nov 2, 2003 1:46:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagittary

Well we've got to organize it all first so we know what we're doing. Then we have to get actors and practice everything so it goes off well.

Anyway, it's gotten a good response so...

I guess the first thing is to pick a script and chop it down into a nice little two hour play. Longer than that and it'd probably get too unwieldy for everyone to work around.

Being it that it is that time of the year, how about a piratey version of A Christmas Tale by Charles Dickens?

PS Mostly, right now, I just need organizers. People to work with the script and help figure out how to do certain deeds and adapt the play to Y!PP format.
Darkwaters, Captain of the Sagely Swashbucklers, Owner of the Mean Stickleback & the Ignorant Grunion
[Nov 2, 2003 1:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

I would gladly help ye organize the play. Might I suggest that ye break the play in acts or chapters and not do it at once... two hours is a LOT of time :D. I would help with the script and all, I only need the tale :D. I'll do some parts of it, if only ye give me an example.

For all that organizator goodness, I have a condition. Can ye please make it some time thats good for Europeans. I would love it to be, some morning time in Pacific time (like 5am, 6am) or even better, somewhere about noon (like 10:00, 11:00). Actually, I'll help ye either way, I just wanted to be able to see the show ;).

Even better, I suggest to play the play twice :). I would like to play for those times specified...

[size=9]why am I insisting on those tmes is that my parents only allow me online then...
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Nov 2, 2003 9:55:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Claudia

Well, any successful theater company has the option of taking the show on the road, right? Two performances on different islands at different times, perhaps? With understudies if some cast or crew can't make one of the times?

Regardless, I'm in!
Utena of Revolutionary Crew Utena
[Nov 2, 2003 11:06:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PotatoJones

I'll gladly be part o'any theatrical endeavors.
Potato Jones: Steam-Powered, High-Flying
[Nov 2, 2003 11:08:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    heretogoisaid [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Ooh, I'd do that!

Matt
I took my own advice.
[Nov 2, 2003 11:12:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Sagittary wrote: 
how about a piratey version

/me Breaks out the script to 'Speare!
[Nov 3, 2003 12:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AaronZOOM

Devonin wrote: 
/me Breaks out the script to 'Speare!

Any Monkey Island is good Monkey Island!
-- Riskyboots
[Nov 3, 2003 12:21:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kilbia

It sounds like fun, though I can rarely be on for the lengths of time it'd take to produce anything.

If I think about it, though, I'll be happy to chop down and piratize some scripts, or perhaps cobble some out of stories. (After all, what better author to bring to life than Edgar Allen POE? =)
Fetal Pirate courtesy of http://www.queenofwands.net/
[Nov 3, 2003 2:13:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoMantis

I think that two hours may be a bit long if played in one session. Many people have trouble freeing up that much time in a block.(Not to mention 56K users who may be holding up a phone line!)

I also volunteer to help organize. We'll need to find some good locations to perform, costumes, and how to make sure everyone knows which character is which...

Also, perhaps consider a Monty Python skit as a small comedic play to put on before the show or for smaller performances. With the right one I think it could work out rather well as they're mostly dialouge.
Prince of Lost Legion
[Nov 3, 2003 2:32:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

You can do emotes for non-verbal elements.

I am against any Monty Python retreads.

ACTOR 1: Knock knock!
ACTOR 2: Who's there?
ACTOR 1: Ni! Ni!

(audience's sympathy laughter turns to screams of horror as the actors are impaled with Rusty, Bloody Spikes (tm)).

It's not that they weren't funny, but come on . . . do something that's new to most people. You should probably avoid any performance where your audience will likely know your lines better than you.
[Nov 3, 2003 2:57:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

which, with this crowd, rules out monty python and monkey island for sure.

Edit: And probably Douglas Adams and Spider Robinson as well
[Nov 3, 2003 3:04:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates