• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1536 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Toppyhopp

Ships in Midnight

I'm new to midnight, i've been playing on doubloon oceans for over a year, but today i decided to subscribe and play on midnight as well. I was browsing for a sloop, and found some for 15,000poe, is that expensive or are there cheaper ones? i'm used to a sloop being 6,000-8,000poe. So if ye know of anywhere that sells sloops cheaper than that, post it here.
----------------------------------------
Toppyhopp

Now Avaliable in all Flavours.
[Jul 8, 2006 1:13:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Re: Ships in Midnight

I've never heard of someone selling an unpainted, unstocked sloop at a central island for more than 13000 PoE, except in the case of a cool name. Check the bazaar for the best deals.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jul 8, 2006 1:19:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

And if you've only played on doubloon oceans before, remember that you don't need to spend 20 dubs to get a sloop delivered here, nor did the person you're buying it from in the case of a premade. Taking that into account, ships are a LOT cheaper here.
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Jul 8, 2006 1:48:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greeble

12k-13.5k Is what I usually see for sloop prices. (from shops) Labor is paid well here on midnight so prices reflect that.
Hypnos Score: 2.5

Wolfmanm says, "you are my outfit hero, greeble"

[Jul 8, 2006 4:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

just for statistics, not meaning to be an ad:
current price of premade sloops on Beta (unpainted, empty) from my own shipyard is 12,600 poe. order it yerself price is lower, and if you work in the shipyard you can request a discount of 300 poe. but that's if you want a ship at Beta, for Sapphire pillaging.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Jul 8, 2006 4:24:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lbm

Aye, shipyard wages are higher on Midnight, averaging 20 - 25 poe for basic. Sloops range in price from 11k to 13k.

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Jul 8, 2006 5:20:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

This is balanced out by your high wages. It's possible to make 1k a day in wages if you can distill. It's more likely to make 500-700 a day if you find shoppes that always have labor. You can buy a sloop every 3 weeks just selling the 24 hours of labor your account produces each day.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Jul 10, 2006 12:21:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StillMyst

***Midnight Sloop/Cutter Bazaar***

linky! and shameless plug! - Desdinova's Shipbuilding Stall at Constant Planck's on Eta Island can fill any sloop needs you might have, at an excellent price!!

Welcome to Civilization!
Mogget / Midnight
Take my PoE, take my land
Take my brigs and frigates grand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sea from me...

[Jul 12, 2006 5:48:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Really, if you pay more than 12k then you aren't shopping the ocean, you're shopping an island or an arch.

You should be able to get a sloop somewhere in the ocean for a low 11k (11.2 or 11.3k). Though, sometimes the queues are high, so what you save in PoE, you lose in time.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 12, 2006 6:05:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates