• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1878 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Penndalla

Stats

Be thar no way ter see a list o' flags n crews by active size these days? Whar went the political map o' Midnight? Would probably be too shameful ter see the alliance web at this point, eh?
----------------------------------------
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Jul 6, 2006 10:13:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Re: Stats

I only did this because it allowed me to post usefully in two parley threads with the same research. Onward!

"Surprisingly large" and "Surprisingly small" refer to the other thread, which is linkied here. Data is "tabulated July 7, 2006."

After posting this I entirely expect to find a linky from Faulkston showing me where I could have gone to do no work and accomplish this. :)

Top 50 crews sorted by fame on Midnight, July 7, 2006, with Cabin People and Total Active Members listed, as well as % cabin people.

Chrisspy
[Jul 6, 2006 11:44:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackfletch

Be thar no way ter see a list o' flags n crews by active size these days? Whar went the political map o' Midnight? Would probably be too shameful ter see the alliance web at this point, eh?

http://ypp.dweeb.com/maps/midnight.png
Blackfletch

How many small shot does it take to sink a Grand Frigate? One.
[Jul 7, 2006 12:26:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.seraphsnightmare.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Heh I remember when we were getting the fame for Jorvik, the next highest flag on the fame list had 22 people. Total.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 7, 2006 10:31:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

<- Not So Surprisingly awesome.

And Loyalty Haven has freakin 65% Cabin People?? /me hops back online at 3:25 AM to whup up some war... done.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Jul 8, 2006 1:22:03 AM]
[Jul 8, 2006 1:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

I'm curious. Does anyone who know who the largest/famousest crew to have no cabin people is?
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jul 8, 2006 11:39:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Us if Candie would subscribe and we kicked alts out.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 8, 2006 11:41:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Us if Candie would subscribe and we kicked alts out.

So.... not you then..... :P

Wait, what am I doing in Midnight Parley? Stupid Recent Threads button.

Angel,
a Viridianite... and considering subscription because of it.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by TheBeaver at Jul 10, 2006 1:42:48 PM]
[Jul 10, 2006 1:41:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kah_less

Interesting "study"... However the term "surprisingly" well... surprises me. A crew of 100+ mate at the top is not so surprising while a crew of 80 mates is "surprisingly" qualified as being small.

The only crew that may "validate" any claim that the fame system is odd at best is the Phoenicians with being in the top 10 with not even 40 mates in it.

However, I think there are many more factors to consider:
- activity per pirate: do a few mates puzzle until they drop (like it seems in the Phoenicians) or do many mates puzzle less but on a regular basis. At the end, the sum of the puzzling activity is the same.
- Type of pillaging: i know some crews sail lots of sloops with mostly crewmates on board (like mine) and others ferry WBs or WFs with jobbers for the most part.

So at the end, it's a matter of puzzling sum. I will stress more on what crew have been on the top for the longest, which is a sign of an active and dynamic crew in contrast to those who shout up to the top 5 and crash 1 week later because the fame only relies on a few hard core puzzlers.
[Jul 10, 2006 5:29:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

That just goes back to why fame is stupid. Re: my thread about how fame is stupid. And the debates that rage on about fame in general.

Note: Phoeys still nine after 7 days.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Jul 12, 2006 8:15:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

Heh. You got 8th place.

Gratz.
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Jul 13, 2006 8:07:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates