• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2031 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
tailspin20

Finding out where you bought items Reply to this Post

Is there a way to find out where you have purchased items that are pending delivery? If not, it would be a helpful addition.
[Oct 29, 2003 3:48:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

Re: Finding out where you bought items Reply to this Post

Check any hold of any ship and it will tell you all your outstanding orders.
----------------------------------------
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Oct 29, 2003 4:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

I think though, it just tells you what store you purchased the item from and not from what island...Ummm, ask around, or hop the ferries and do a quick map check when you get to the island...if it's all inter-arch, I guess you're on your own.

Glad to be little to no help...Quiglin
[Oct 29, 2003 6:11:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
54x

There are so few stores around that it should be easy enough, even if you haven't been on azure for months beforehand...
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Oct 29, 2003 9:15:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
RCMasterAA

quiglin wrote: 
I think though, it just tells you what store you purchased the item from and not from what island...Ummm, ask around, or hop the ferries and do a quick map check when you get to the island...if it's all inter-arch, I guess you're on your own.

Glad to be little to no help...Quiglin

It actually says "you need to be on XXX island to pick that up" or something along those lines.
~~~ Liat ~~~
Sailmaster Extraordinaire
Gets out and pushes

[Oct 29, 2003 9:21:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tailspin20

Thanks much Matey.
[Oct 29, 2003 9:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bakemono

I have a simular question I want to ask...

When I look at the stock of a boat it says: What shop i ordered it from, and all that... and the "delivery" button... But when I push the "delivery" button it either says: "To recieve that order, you'll have to be at Guava Island" or: "Delivery denied", or something...

What does that mean?
"I'm you! I'm your shadow!"
[Nov 8, 2003 4:40:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lallaria

It means that you're A: not at the correct island (they don't have shipping :-P) or B: not an officer or above.

You need to be an officer to do anything with the hold except look at it.
Lallaria
[size=10]Retired
[Nov 8, 2003 4:44:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Lallaria [Link]  Go to top 
Claudia

More to the point, isn't it only trading goods that work with the delivery button in a hold? I'm an officer, and I can take delivery of me rum in the hold, but not of me boots.
Utena of Revolutionary Crew Utena
[Nov 8, 2003 5:02:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bakemono

Lallaria wrote: 
It means that you're A: not at the correct island (they don't have shipping :-P) or B: not an officer or above.

You need to be an officer to do anything with the hold except look at it.

Then how do I get my goods?
"I'm you! I'm your shadow!"
[Nov 8, 2003 5:21:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tabbifli

Bakemono wrote: 
Then how do I get my goods?

Okay, I'm suspecting more fun with goods here.

What did you order, and - if not clothes or a sword - why?

If it's clothes or a sword, you just go to the shoppe and pick it up. It'll helpfully deliver the items right into your inventory, and poof, it's done.

If it's anything else, then I really hope you ordered it to help out your crew, because it's not going to do much for you. When ordering clothes, you do not have to order and supply your own cloth - the recipie is simply displayed for your information. The same is true when ordering cloth, and the materials that requires.

Further, taking the cloth to a tailor simply won't work right now - the OMs are not making deals. Perhaps after tailors are player owned, but even then, it would have to be one of the more rare fabrics to be worthwhile.

Regardless, the way you get non-personal items delivered to your ship is to ask the captain or a senior officer to make you an officer for the express purpose of getting the cloth delivered. The catch here is that you cannot then take those items off the ship - they will have to be sold to be used. The SO then removes your officer rank, and it's all done.

If you did order materials for cloth and such, it is possible for the senior officer or captain to sell them for you, and give you the resulting cash. You may find yourself takng a loss on it, however, and that's just a chance you take.

(note being that this is one of those times when the plea to somehow make the shop ordering interface a little more clear on JUST supply the poe! - and I might come up with a suggestion to back up that plea).
Oro

All But Malice : Forum Space for Independant Crews, Small Flags and Alliances.
[Nov 8, 2003 5:32:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.allbutmalice.org    tabbifli    melissatabbifli [Link]  Go to top 
lcasutton2

This thread seems to relate to ordering item on a ship for the most part. My husband ordered a pair of pants and can't remember what island or shop they are in. As a crew member but not an officer, will the hold tell him where to go to get his item? If not, is there another way to find out where it is?

Talin of Six Leagues Under

and (Forgetful) Gaelin of Dastardly Deviant Devils
[Feb 25, 2004 8:15:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taconizer

lcasutton2 wrote: 
This thread seems to relate to ordering item on a ship for the most part. My husband ordered a pair of pants and can't remember what island or shop they are in. As a crew member but not an officer, will the hold tell him where to go to get his item? If not, is there another way to find out where it is?

I'm pretty sure the hold shows orders to players of any rank.
Taconizer
Hm.
[Feb 25, 2004 9:12:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Taconizer [Link]  Go to top 
jasandrea

Indeed, I recently had a jobbing greenie who was sure that we could all see his "stuff" and couldn't understand why his stuff was in my hold. Any hold will do for order checking purposes.
Jacquilynne
Elder Cod of The Yo-Ho Yo-Yos, Looterati
Ruby Arch: Where the brigands are Ultimate and the players used to be.
[Feb 25, 2004 9:50:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacquilynne [Link]  Go to top 
Lallaria

Taconizer wrote: 
lcasutton2 wrote: 

I'm pretty sure the hold shows orders to players of any rank.

Yup. Just checked on a Navy vessel.

Edit: and may I say, there's a whole lotta goods on this ship. Silly newbies fighting navy...
Lallaria
[size=10]Retired
[Feb 25, 2004 9:50:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Lallaria [Link]  Go to top 
lcasutton2

Thanks guys

Taline of Six Leagues Under
and
Gaelin of Dastardly Deviant Devils
[Feb 25, 2004 10:11:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vang_

Lallaria wrote: 
Edit: and may I say, there's a whole lotta goods on this ship. Silly newbies fighting navy...

Actually, it's not newbies fighting the navy. Navy ships seem to spawn with goods. I highly doubt a large amount of people engaged the Navy with a myriad assortment of rare goods.
[Feb 25, 2004 10:40:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

shhhhhhh

jeez i dislike you people

hush about the navy
[Feb 25, 2004 11:15:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ultima7

I am pretty sure the goods on the Navy ships come from Greenies foraging when they go on these ships. It is not obvious what the forage option does on the hold and greenies don't understand the process.
Argyle
[Feb 25, 2004 11:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Telastyn

I'd wager it's the bots "foraging" goods so that the islands produce 100% [even if it goes to bots, it will eventually make it into the economy] or to disuade campers.

[though the navy ships going out there has only caused more camping...]
[Feb 26, 2004 1:37:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kozmic

I think the bots forage, because I don't think greenies can. But I could be wrong.
[size=10]Kozmic- that one person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Jellybeanz- that other person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Hugglebear- member of XOXOXO Snuggle Pirates
[Feb 26, 2004 4:08:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JeSuisLaChatte [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Greenies could until very recently. I'd be impressed if the bots could forage.

atteSmythe,
not easily impressed

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Feb 26, 2004 4:45:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

greenies cant forage, it must be the bots

and im so glad everyone can know this, i really am
[Feb 26, 2004 5:51:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kozmic

/em snickers

I didn't know it until a few weeks ago, when a little bird told me. ;)
[size=10]Kozmic- that one person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Jellybeanz- that other person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Hugglebear- member of XOXOXO Snuggle Pirates
[Feb 26, 2004 6:18:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JeSuisLaChatte [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates