• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1030 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Architeuthis

Puzzle Links and other Items not showing up on Ship Reply to this Post

I have had this problem in the past and dont know how it got resolved then.

I Log on, Can see the Island fine Job with a ship and only see blue in the main view port but can see my cusor change from cirlce to hand as it mouses over what must be people or links but click on them has no visual effect. I can recover partial visuals when I open Full Chat or other Full screen. But all I see are the deck, People, Yellow move link Arrows, and some scenery items.
I still cant engage any puzzles, with the only exceptions I've found are Drinking and Booty. Which would be fine for a shore leave, but I want to pillage!

I've tried Restarting, Clearing History/Cookies and the Fix for Oct27 patch. to no avail

[edit] I also tried Dueling a swabie but I can not see the game just blue (no blocks visual and no change in my small overview window but I can see blocks forming in opponents small overveiw window) then I get eliminated. Game must be happenning just without me seeing it happen.

What should I try?
Thanks for the help
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Architeuthis at Oct 27, 2003 10:33:05 PM]
[Oct 27, 2003 10:33:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Re: Puzzle Links and other Items not showing up on Ship Reply to this Post

Were you previously able to run PP ok? does your system meet minimum requirements? Sometimes lag can cause the blue screen to stay for quite a while, have you restarted your computer recently?

Try turning off sound if you have not already, this can help reduce lag.
[Oct 27, 2003 11:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Architeuthis

Yes I've been able to run PP fine most of the time and there seemed not to be any lag issue.
As I said, I once had this issue once before and wasn't able to play that day, but it did seem to correct itself once before. I don?t think it was a Developer Intervention that time.
Perhaps if I leave the computer off for a bit and come back it may reset properly? I've heard doing so has corrected some other problems. I will post if it does. But if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
I hate to lose out on pillaging prime time.

[edited some punctuation]
[Oct 27, 2003 11:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stinktoe

What are your specs?

I sometimes run Y!PP on a laptop with a crappy 4Mb onboard graphics chip and have to wait up to a full minute for the graphics to load when I go to a new location.
----------------------------------------
Don Quevegas
Officer of the Yo-Ho Yo-Yos
Flag Looterati
[Oct 27, 2003 11:51:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Architeuthis

My point is that this is Very out of the ordinary and normally I am able to play PP without trouble.
And trying everything I can in game doesn't seem to help. Including the good amount of waiting and window switching.

I am using what I think as a capable computer
with a cable internet connection
using windows 98
with 128 Mb RAM and plenty of harddrive space
Graphics card I believe is: 16Mb 3dfx Voodoo3 3000D AGP

[edit] challenging Drinking seem to work fine.
[Oct 28, 2003 12:03:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything?

Try closing applications running in the background, and keeping other programs you're running at a minimum.

Otherwise I'd say some more RAM could definitely do you some good, but odd that it worked fine before and not now. Did this start happening after a patch?
[Oct 28, 2003 1:03:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Architeuthis

First I waited 2 hrs before going back into the water but that didn't help,

So I uninstalled and Reinstalled and that did the trick.

So Case is Solved

Thanks for the help
[Oct 28, 2003 3:08:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates