• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9112 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
milez13

First in Azure AND first in Midnight

Thats right the Lubbers have done it again. We already defeated the Black Ship!

http://public.fotki.com/booched/i_lubs_azure/blackshp.html
[Oct 27, 2003 10:27:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    milez1305 [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

Re: First in Azure AND first in Midnight

With foils, against skellies with mixed swords, on a large sloop.
----------------------------------------
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

[Oct 27, 2003 10:59:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
Morrigan

Heh, we're the ship you attacked and got black shipped for.

Glad they didn't beat you up, with so few player ships out there it's easy to make a mistake.
~Beryl
Captain of the Pernicious Plunderers
Queen of the Alliterative Aristocracy
Owner- Terran Wear, Gaea
[Oct 27, 2003 11:02:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
milez13

Actually I think Barrenmore atacked a weak ship on purpose to fight the black ship. I seriously thought when he first did it he had went crazy.
[Oct 27, 2003 11:55:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    milez1305 [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoMantis

Man, the Black Ship's really gone downhill...

Soon every brigand and their grandma's are gonna be defeating it.
Legionnaire, Imperial Fist Chapter
Prince of Lost Legion
[Oct 27, 2003 12:28:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sahib

Well, from the looks of it, there WERE only 8 skellies on board at the time...
[Oct 27, 2003 1:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scullywag

The Black Ship always has only 8 skellies aboard. The difference this time is we haven't got black damage blocks all the way up, leaving only 2-3 lines of blocks to work with.

Here's another look: http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~pscully/ypp/blackship.png
Gatsukama of Meridian
Retired: BlackCat and BlackTeeth of Midnight, and Blackteeth of Azure
[Oct 27, 2003 1:28:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
manaweb

Arr

I have not gone crazy. I just wanted to see the new improvements the the developers made. Which were very nice to say the least.

This battle as scullywag pointed out is that I was able to collide early with the Black ship and not be as damaged as normal.

I have beaten the Black ship 4 times now and have not heard or seen anyone elso who has beaten it. My last time was on Halloween while we all were zombies and skellies and the time before that was the first day of Midnight. Maybe it is because of my crusade to get back all that lovely poe I lost early on in the game to it.

The next time will be when I hear that it has been changed again or for a special occasion like, umm, christmas. Boat load of Santa's attacking the Black Ship.

I treid to get Cleaver to give me a Black Ship of me own for Halloween. Request denied.

Why do I do it? you may ask. Because it is there and it be the real challenge of your sea battle nav, but I am happy to take it on if requested to give you guys a chance to see how you will go.
My mana is srinking.
[Nov 12, 2003 5:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

I think quite a few crews have beaten it now...seems all you need to do is go around with twice as many as the skellies or more and intercept blues until you get the Black Ship. Head straight into battle to avoid damage...and the fight is yours.
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Nov 12, 2003 6:05:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lallaria

I really wish the devs would throw 150 skellies (or more!) on the black ship and be done with it. It really rather angers me that it's beatable. It means that people still try to beat it - and kick blue ship butt while doing so.
Lallaria
[size=10]Retired
[Nov 13, 2003 12:04:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Lallaria [Link]  Go to top 
Amberyl

Correct me if I'm wrong: I believe if you pick on a ship that's a true deep blue to you, the Black Ship comes for you immediately. So in theory deliberately trying to draw its ire results in no harm to the blue you're engaging (I don't believe it even slows down due to the attempted intercept).

I've only been unlucky enough to draw it once myself, though, while doing some practice PvP against my own crew.
Amberyl, SO, Cult of the Red Mantis, Looterati
Reading the forums a lot is like camping clue. --homullus
[Nov 13, 2003 12:50:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.black-knight.org/pp/    CyberLWL [Link]  Go to top 
crowsdiamond

Keep in mind, also, that EVERY time Ahab has gone a'huntin' the black ship, if it didn't appear when he attacked a player ship, he disengaged. NOT ONCE did any little blue player ships get demolished. Can't tell if that be true for brigands or no.
~Faile
Once Captain of the Mighty PPA
Once Captain of the Falcon's Fury
Now Unretired and ready to KILL!!

Just point me to what you want dead, an' I'll kill it. Or die trying!
[Nov 13, 2003 12:59:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Crowsdiamond [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

I thought it was "a chance of getting the black ship", but not having tested it myself, I can't say for sure.

And, yeah, an officer on one of my crews was unhappy she only beat the black ship 4 out of 10 the first week of Midnight, so.

crowsdiamond wrote: 
Keep in mind, also, that EVERY time Ahab has gone a'huntin' the black ship, if it didn't appear when he attacked a player ship, he disengaged. NOT ONCE did any little blue player ships get demolished.

It did, however, stop the blue ship from whatever it was doing for his amusement.
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Nov 13, 2003 12:59:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Deep blue player ships appear to blackship you immediately. Deep blue brigands give you a warning the first time.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 13, 2003 2:08:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sarterixa

They really should fix the black ship... before it was extremely difficult because it reacted to what your moves were and waited until you were full up on damage. Now you can intercept it easily while not taking much damage at all, and if your swordfighters were good enough you could almost certainly take the black ship 8v8.

Put it on the list, the black ship should be unbeatable. Put 100 skellies on board or just fix it so that they always do full damage to your ship again.
Sart
Senior Officer of Black Death
[Nov 13, 2003 4:52:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

Um, ARR fought and beat the black ship with some BD people a couple weeks ago if I'm correct in my information so they weren't the first to do it.
Sugarpie
The Violet (er... Violent?) Pirate
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Nov 13, 2003 8:21:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I have beaten the Black ship 4 times now and have not heard or seen anyone elso who has beaten it. My last time was on Halloween while we all were zombies and skellies and the time before that was the first day of Midnight. Maybe it is because of my crusade to get back all that lovely poe I lost early on in the game to it.

Did Nyx's Scions beat it the first day too?
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 13, 2003 8:25:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Chegg

Correction, ARR! did it with BD :)

And nah, we did it probably a week ago max, so we werent the first in Midnight, just to clarify what Sugar said. ~Chegg
[Nov 13, 2003 12:26:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Chegg069    Chegg069 [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I've noticed that unlike what it used to do, it is now possible to intercept the Black Ship before getting your ship stuffed full of iron. If I recall correctly, previously the Black Ship would stuff your hull full of cannonballs, and then intercept you when either your damage meter was at max, or its was. Since it's no longer possible to hit the Black Ship (nice ghost effect BTW), it should end up intercepting when you are at max damage (note that in my experience, it waited until your damage meter was full, not the battle damage, which filled up sooner).

I'm one of those who doesn't really want the Black Ship to be defeatable. It seems recently that the Black Ship has been made slightly easier to defeat, since ye can collide with it before getting max damage.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 13, 2003 3:19:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Silly me for thinking ARR & BD were part of Nyx's Scions ;)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 13, 2003 5:26:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Chegg

Sugarpie wrote: 
Um, ARR fought and beat the black ship with some BD people a couple weeks ago if I'm correct in my information so they weren't the first to do it.

I was talking about Sugar, 54x.
[Nov 14, 2003 8:00:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Chegg069    Chegg069 [Link]  Go to top 
brokeboy

blast from the past

blast from the past
[Aug 22, 2009 6:38:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

Re: blast from the past

blast from the past

*stab stab stab stab*
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Aug 22, 2009 6:50:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

blast from the past

die die die
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 22, 2009 7:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thefirstdude

I do, however, suspect we have a new record.
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 
Listen to Faulkston. [They're] right, you're wrong.

[Aug 22, 2009 8:57:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtariRaccoon

Necromancy Fail
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[Edit 1 times, last edit by AtariRaccoon at Aug 22, 2009 9:02:31 AM]
[Aug 22, 2009 9:02:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

HAHAHAH I was trying to figure out why they put El Pollo Diablo back to 8 skellies, then I realized how old the thread was. Good times.
Edit: not that I was actually around or anything.

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Erfan at Aug 22, 2009 10:32:04 AM]
[Aug 22, 2009 10:29:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
ohblowme

Wow you must be in Avalon, thus OM'S go you, you beat a black ship, now hush!
Hairless
not Cursedbarney
ty :)
[Aug 22, 2009 5:20:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sarabellek8

Wow, you must be an idiot to have not noticed this took place almost 6 years ago.
Eminent on Midnight
Midnight Serenade
[Aug 22, 2009 7:05:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mwf1985 [Link]  Go to top 
ohblowme

why were you not banned for cheating?
Hairless
not Cursedbarney
ty :)
[Aug 22, 2009 7:13:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates