• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1730 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
RebootKid

Where's my pirate? Reply to this Post

Okay, so I got logged onto Midnight, only to discover that I had to re-create my character. Now I know we're starting from scratch, but isn't this a bit much of "scratch"?
[Oct 27, 2003 4:06:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.coldsteelpirates.org    putermd [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

Re: Where's my pirate? Reply to this Post

Booched.

Read the Announcements forum, this was all announced.
----------------------------------------
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

[Oct 27, 2003 4:08:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
lilewyn

Scratch Reply to this Post

It's been known for a while, this is a complete new start.

Ye have nary but the rags on ye back and a foil, just as ye did when starting out on Azure.

Your skills, poe, deeds, maps, posessions, etc... are all reset to zip.

However... you do have some very important things now that ye didn't the first time you started playing: Your friends and crewmates! Don't underestimate the worth of them, as the right friends who've already got experience in the needed skills and willing to lend an ear are worth more than any millions of poe.

Good luck on Midnight, matey. :)
Azure: Yvette, Lilewyn
Midnight: Yvette
Elsewhere: "Hey, you!"
[Oct 27, 2003 4:25:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.threerings.net [Link]  Go to top 
RebootKid

Aye.. that all I knew.
However, I was under the impression, apparently incorrectly, that we kept our name, as well as the hair on our head.

Also, from reading the other forums, it's good to know I've been categorized as a n00b.
For my idiocy, I deserve it
[Oct 27, 2003 7:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.coldsteelpirates.org    putermd [Link]  Go to top 
Telastyn

You do keep your name so far as you're the only one who can recreate a pirate by that name. You'll actually have to create them [perhaps with different hair even...].
[Oct 27, 2003 7:38:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilewyn

This is a bad thing? Reply to this Post

On Azure, you could've had a beard and decided you were tired of it.

Maybe your skin color should've been a shade darker or lighter to match that outfit ye were looking for (or perhaps you just found yourself spending more time indoors or outside?)

Maybe your character changed its hairstyle, shaved it off, or visited a certain doctor in Switzerland? Maybe even changed his or her name?

I think on my alts, I'll be trying out some different hairstyles at least, even if Yvette stays perfectly the same. :)

The cup's half full, mate.
Azure: Yvette, Lilewyn
Midnight: Yvette
Elsewhere: "Hey, you!"
[Oct 27, 2003 8:02:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.threerings.net [Link]  Go to top 
Kilbia

I agree on the cup being half-full:

- My new Kilbia started out in very feminine-looking blue rags; combine that with my red and white stripey pants and I look very patriotic! =)

- Both Kilbia and Mourant were able to *defeat* the intro pirate in swordfighting, which made me very happy. =)

- I was able to snag the name "Martello" for my third character; I wanted it since that's my husband's alter ego. He'd not be able to play much, mind you - he's just colour-blind enough that the sailing puzzle is impossible for him to follow - but I would have been very sad to encounter a Martello in game who was driven by some l33t-speaking goober. =) (To be fair, though, if ye did have that name before, and if ye turn out to be an intelligent human being, I'll be happy to delete and free up that name for ye.)

- I'll be able to pledge all three of my characters to the Flying Cows, if my cap'n will have me.

- I'll be able to better research the wisdom of the advice I received about giving all your account's labour to one pirate.

- I *hope* I'll be better able to keep myself in check when clothes shopping - holding out for the colours I really want and not just buying whatever the island I'm on can make for me, for the sake of not wearing my starting rags and knickers. No guarantees on that - ever since I got a taste for spending money, it's not quite gone away.

- Because I am going into the game knowing a few people, I might be able to coordinate with them on the possibility of chipping in on a cutter instead of fending solely for myself and flooding my crew with yet another sloop.
Fetal Pirate courtesy of http://www.queenofwands.net/
[Oct 27, 2003 11:32:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
doorm

well put kilbia!
Dragonbeard, Senior Officer, Quartermaster of the Rudder lubbers.
Dragonlance, Officer of the Puzzle Pirates Academy.
Dragonblade, Cabin Person (YAR!) of the Orange Revolution
[Oct 27, 2003 11:47:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Doormarci [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Pirate, Crew and Flag names have been saved and only you can recreate your pirate, only a captain can recreate a crew, and only a monarch can recreate a Flag.

At some point this will no longer be true to free up names for others.
[Oct 28, 2003 12:21:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BigW

Artemis wrote: 
Pirate, Crew and Flag names have been saved and only you can recreate your pirate, only a captain can recreate a crew, and only a monarch can recreate a Flag.

At some point this will no longer be true to free up names for others.

A member of my crew recreated the crew himself, then wasn't happy with his pirate and deleted him, leaving the crew without members but still out there. By the time I logged on I could not create the crew and finally had to slightly change the name to do it.
BigW, Captain of The Unmanageables
Explore Ruby - How many vacation days do you have left?
[Oct 28, 2003 2:03:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates