• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1355 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Pythos

Partial media download works! Reply to this Post

I'd just like to thank the devs and inform modem users everywhere!

I just pulled down the Midnight patch, and it started off with 23 minutes of media download, which I thought would be followed by the full 90 minute pull down. But imagine my surprise when after 23 minutes, the client started normally! I was so excited, I even closed it and restarted to make sure there was no more media, and sure enough, there was not.

The days of 90-120 patch downloads may be behind us I think, so thanks to all the devs that fixed that problem (watch now I speak too soon and it happens again, but at least this time, it finally worked)

Jeridus - Mad Mutineers
'The absolute best pirate in Midnight!' - Jeridus' Mom
----------------------------------------
Jeridus - Mad Mutineers
YPP's Original Two Fisted Tailor
[Oct 26, 2003 11:10:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DragonRage

Re: Partial media download works! Reply to this Post

I dunno, the one I just got (it just finished) was a 46 minute one followed by a ~180 minute one...

Perhaps I was downloading the patch that fixes the partial download, and all subsequent ones will be partial?

*shrugs* Either way, I'm set for Midnight. ^^
Like, up in Canada, it's cold as a bastard! Out in Seattle, it rains like bastard! Down in Texas, it's muggy as a bastard!
[Oct 26, 2003 11:52:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Preacher+of+Pie [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

DragonRage wrote: 
I dunno, the one I just got (it just finished) was a 46 minute one followed by a ~180 minute one...

Perhaps I was downloading the patch that fixes the partial download, and all subsequent ones will be partial?

*shrugs* Either way, I'm set for Midnight. ^^

I'm in the former catagory with much thanks to the devs. I even closed the client and reopened to check and went under More Options and Midnight is there. Perhaps you missed the last patch and had to download it as well as the new one? Just a thought.
Lilymorgan
No One Important of the flag No One Cares Who I Am Anymore
[Oct 27, 2003 12:55:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
Raz

didnt work for me.. i got the 19 minute one.. then a 120 minute one. ARRRG
[Oct 27, 2003 1:02:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

Now I'm wondering. Several people have said that, but ALL I've gotten is the 20 min one.
Lilymorgan
[Oct 27, 2003 1:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
TheCosmicChz

Same here, dinna work =(

Well at least it worked for some'a you people that it didn't before.

*drums fingers* Bless the ringers for putting the update up early so I can be ready for noon tho =)
--Dcurd :
Not the cap'n of Dcurd's crew
Stick-wielder of questionable sanity-or something
[Oct 27, 2003 2:06:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    NotSoDreadDcurd [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

Cleaver just e-mailed me back. You download the 20 min one. If it booches then it reverts back to the 180 form and that's where the second one is from. Guess some of you booched! :(
Lilymorgan
[Oct 27, 2003 2:10:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
Raz

*sniff* i always booch everything important *sniff*
[Oct 27, 2003 2:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

If it's any consolation you aren't alone, and those of us who DID download the 20 min one haven't actually used it yet. We may booch it yet! (But God I hope not...)
Lilymorgan
[Oct 27, 2003 2:22:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
lilewyn

Blame it on the rum... Reply to this Post

The_Vixen wrote: 
Cleaver just e-mailed me back. You download the 20 min one. If it booches then it reverts back to the 180 form and that's where the second one is from. Guess some of you booched! :(

Arr! What puzzle do we have tae play to minimize the download? I thought I'd been Excellent in all o' them! (Well, except the nav the other day, but I went to get a pint of rum! Arr!)
Azure: Yvette, Lilewyn
Midnight: Yvette
Elsewhere: "Hey, you!"
[Oct 27, 2003 5:09:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.threerings.net [Link]  Go to top 
Wrenn

Is there someway to retry the 20min one?

This is getting VERY frustrating doing multiple hr downloads EVERY DAY. If there is one thing that will get me to stop playing this is it.
-Ag
Cap'n - Moose of Doom - Cobalt
[Oct 28, 2003 5:46:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates