• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 30
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8175 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Hunter Sailing Bake-off - win a monkey!

Date: June 25th 2006
Time: Jobbing from 2:00pm PDT, bake-off target start 2:30pm PDT.
Event Host: Sungod
Participation limit: 145

Rules:

The event will not be broadcast. Thirty minutes before the event begins, Sungod will start jobbing entrants onto the grand frigate Saucy Sailfish. Send him a /tell for a job any time after 2:00 pm game time (PDT). Please ensure you have DND turned off. It is impossible to see the bottom of the chat screen while jobbing people, and if you have DND turned on, the "that person does not wish to be disturbed" response will not be seen. Once jobbed, please stay on the Saucy Sailfish so that we can keep track of numbers. When you get on board, please follow the instructions of the assisting players, as we will try to fill stations one area at a time.

There will be ONE preliminary round, lasting 30 sea battle turns, taking place on the grand frigate Saucy Sailfish.
All participants will take part at the same time.

When the ship returns to port, the duty report listing will determine who proceeds to the semi-finals. The top 16 puzzlers will progress to the semi-final.

The semi-final round of 16 players will last for30 sea battle turns. All players will participate on the Saucy Sailfish for the semi-final. The top 3 will continue on to the finals.

The final will take place on board the Final Sailfish. The final will last thirty sea battle turns.

Disclaimers:
In the event of lower than expected participation, the number of rounds may be reduced, likewise the number who continue on to the semi-finals and finals may change.

Only one entry per player, please.

Helpers
I have two players who have volunteered to help out. Their primary duties will be shepherding participants to stations, filling cannons to mark time in all rounds, confirming announced results from the duty report, and recording screenshots of duty reports.

Prizes:

Players may choose one prize for their own prize tier or any lower one, but not from a higher one.

1st place
* A monkey in your choice of color, and a fancy ribbon trinket

2nd and 3rd places, your choice of:
* The Sunlit Sailfish grand frigate (just one of these!), and a fancy ribbon trinket
* Sleeping piglet or pig, fancy ribbon trinket
* Sleeping turtle or tortoise, fancy ribbon trinket

4th to 8th place, your choice of:
* a sloop named [adjective] Sailfish (no duplicates of existing ships) and a ribbon trinket
* a silver cross (rare furniture), and a ribbon trinket
* an ancient bust (rare furniture), and a ribbon trinket
* a bronze fish (rare furniture), and a ribbon trinket

9th to 16th place
* a ribbon trinket
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Apollo at Jun 18, 2006 2:35:47 PM]
[Jun 16, 2006 5:04:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

Re: Hunter Sailing Bake-off - win a monkey!

YAAAY! A monkey! Im certainly not good at sailing, but good sportsmanship adds a nice pinch of goodness to any MMOArrrPG (Yes Cleaver that was a cloned statement!).
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

[Jun 16, 2006 8:54:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
twhitsitt

finally, an event to win a monkey!!! I am so there!
Theressa - Viridian | Reade - Hunter;
Princess of Equilibrium - Viridian
Former Princess of Armada de Invincible - Hunter
[Jun 16, 2006 9:52:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Even the Grand Frig is worth trying!!!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jun 16, 2006 9:55:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

Apollo rules for setting this up. That is all.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Jun 16, 2006 10:50:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaalvoet

Bah! You would set this up while we're all on our way back from camping.

Apollo you're breaking my heart!
The Infamous Feline Pirate
Kitt on Cobalt

Rehio says, "Yes, O Mistress"
[Jun 16, 2006 10:59:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    PinkxLimonade [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Cookies for Apollo. Hopefully I can be there, but definitely cookies, either way.
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Jun 16, 2006 2:20:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ebudae

Well, I don't think I'll be good enough to win a prize - but I'm not bad at Sailing myself so I'll give it a go. :)

Note to World Cup fans: The date coincides with the last-16 match between England/Sweden (whoever finish 1st in that group) and Germany/Ecuador (whoever finish 2nd in that group). However, the match should be over by the time the event starts - so there shouldn't be any clash of interests.
Ebudæ

Hephaestus broadcasts, "/me kicks the server."
[Jun 16, 2006 4:10:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

Well, I don't think I'll be good enough to win a prize - but I'm not bad at Sailing myself so I'll give it a go. :)

Note to World Cup fans: The date coincides with the last-16 match between England/Sweden (whoever finish 1st in that group) and Germany/Ecuador (whoever finish 2nd in that group). However, the match should be over by the time the event starts - so there shouldn't be any clash of interests.

Hmmmmm monkey familiar, or england in the world cup??
hmmmmm
hmmmmm
ah, but. hmmmmm
theres always the repeats yea?
this is the only chance i have of a familiar, i will make sure its over in time. lol. either by losing or winning. :P
Drake
Captain of Clueless
Prince & Politician - Castigo Final.
squirt wrote: 
I'll take your word on this one, that he really doesn't mean to pick fights.. He's just.. British

[Jun 16, 2006 4:17:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ebudae

Hmmmmm monkey familiar, or england in the world cup??
hmmmmm
hmmmmm
ah, but. hmmmmm
theres always the repeats yea?
this is the only chance i have of a familiar, i will make sure its over in time. lol. either by losing or winning. :P

The familiar event starts at 14:30 PDT - which is 22:30 British Summer Time. That football match will kick off at 16:00 BST - so it will be over well before the start of the bake-off (even if there is extra time and/or penalties). You will definitely have time to prepare for the bake-off. :)

Also, England will be playing on that day only if they finish top of Group B. If they finish second, they will play their last-16 match one day earlier (June 24) instead. ;)

EDIT: I've just checked the kickoff time for the football match.
Ebudæ

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ebudae at Jun 16, 2006 6:05:53 PM]
[Jun 16, 2006 5:59:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
linhnguyen

Ah, excellent finally a bake-off! Cheers for Apollo!
Doctorwatson on Emerald
[Jun 16, 2006 6:56:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

Can you make a carp bake off please next :P anyway yes i might be there
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Jun 17, 2006 2:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ShinAli

So, so in on this!

I've been waiting for a sailing bake-off on Hunter since it went up.
[Jun 18, 2006 10:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gamefreak1st

YA!!! im good at sailing!!! CANT WAIT ;0- LIKE MY BEARD???
Gamefreakest on HUNTER OCEAN, MY OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!

Future ruler of Hunter Ocean, guess not much to say

Oh yeah u suckz compared to me ;p, i mean it :O

[Jun 19, 2006 12:08:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gamefreaknbr1    gamefreaknbr1 [Link]  Go to top 
Zeusthegreat

Great was about time to start making events on Hunter
Killerpuppet (reworking on deleted pirate)
Viridian Ocean
[Jun 19, 2006 4:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shad_

I'm in... Now all we need is Sailing bakeoffs on Cobalt now I am finally fairly good at the puzzle.
Rawr... Shrike.
[Jun 19, 2006 6:33:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilsmartrat

IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in central time zone. What time would that be here in Texas?
Im not crazy.... Dont believe the others...
[Jun 24, 2006 9:36:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lil_smart_rat [Link]  Go to top 
Ebudae

Jobbing from 16:00 CDT, event starts 16:30 CDT.
Ebudæ

[Jun 24, 2006 9:59:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pash2101

Argh Why are all this events after midnight in my place. Ill still try to be there :)
--------------
Pash
[Jun 24, 2006 11:09:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Guillotine_

Viridian Bake-Off postponed from Friday due to connection issues. Many people unable to log on to Hunter still. Complaints of laggy funny stuff still happening. Massive server migration this weekend.

Might I suggest postponing this event as well, just to be safe?
Guillotine
SO - Odin's Demise - Malachite

Baguette!
[Jun 24, 2006 5:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GribFritz2

Viridian Bake-Off postponed from Friday due to connection issues. Many people unable to log on to Hunter still. Complaints of laggy funny stuff still happening. Massive server migration this weekend.

Might I suggest postponing this event as well, just to be safe?

Just about to ask the same thing. I was booted over and over Friday night. I thought things were better today, but here it is Saturday night and it's happening again. Hate for someone to be in the finals and get a d/c.
[Jun 24, 2006 7:22:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ShinAli

It's working now so I'm going to assume that the tourney is going off as scheduled!
[Jun 25, 2006 9:36:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aristobulus

So, what is this in EST?

I can't seem to find anyone that knows.
Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships
[Jun 25, 2006 9:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BigtheCat500 [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I understand that there was an unrelated problem with Hunter log-ins for some people. However, this isn't related to the server migration, and we're not expecting any further problems.

Unless there is any problem with Hunter between now and the bake-off start, I'm going ahead as scheduled and assume it will all be fine!
[Jun 25, 2006 10:19:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
GribFritz2

Was just booted from the server today. Sunday. Hope you're right.
[Jun 25, 2006 1:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

Was just booted from the server today. Sunday. Hope you're right.

Just because you got booted from the server, does not mean there is a problem with the server. Several people lose connections everyday, without thre being an actual problem with the servers. This often due to problems with your ISP or any number of routers in between your Internet connection and OOO's router.

I have yet to be booted off of Hunter since the ocean started. If Apollo says the server is working correctly, I believe him (as he would know, and Liz or one of the other Devs or OMs would have posted in Announcements).

So, what is this in EST?

I can't seem to find anyone that knows.

EST is three ours ahead of PST, so the event registration starts at 5:00pm for the East Coast.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by TarnumTheRed at Jun 25, 2006 1:29:15 PM]
[Jun 25, 2006 1:28:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nkirbit

I have been noticing a bit of extra connection problems with the Ocean, and a bit of lag. That might be on my end, but I'm not sure.
Endless
[Jun 25, 2006 1:53:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evilbob71

This was an awesome event and I would suggest everyone try at least one bakeoff sometime. It certainly was a challenge and I was more than happy getting one of the many many increds.
Rome wrote:

erm, Rebe, I thank you, I'm not really the person on the "hang you' bandwagon"

[Jun 25, 2006 3:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Great job to all.
1st place going into the first "battle", 3rd place into semi-finals...then majorly booched a board, causing me to lose my sparkles for about 15 seconds...9th place. Just goes to show you, if you're not on the absolute top of your game, you don't have a chance.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jun 25, 2006 4:01:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Congratulations, everyone! I've never seen so many Incredible sailors!

First place, and a monkey, went to Demonyaj.
Second place, choosing the grand frigate Sunlit Sailfish, was Parry.
Third place, choosing a sleeping pig, was Sprngweather.

Velkan was 4th, and chose a Silver Cross.
Squirt was 5th and choose a sloop, the Silly Sailfish.
Thalassa was 6th and chose a sloop, the Flaming Sailfish.
Kargach was 7th and chose a sloop, the Speedy Sailfish.
Sandoking was 8th, and chose a sloop, the Incredible Sailfish.

The other semi-finalists were:
Epimetheus
Contex
Maquereau
Krazykat
Cocchinelle
Sobriquet
Turtlesoupll
Chinadoll

Well done to everyone who participated, and thank you for (with only a couple of exceptions) behaving perfectly throughout! Thank you also to Yaruto and Thunderbird for their excellent assistance. :)

See you at the next one! *grins*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Jun 25, 2006 4:59:18 PM]
[Jun 25, 2006 4:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates