• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1761 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Lizzie

problem, wont start client Reply to this Post

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates
Vendor: Three Rings Design, Inc.
Category: Download Error

Missing version field in response from server when accessing resource: (http://www.puzzlepirates.com/yoclient/client/yohoho-boot.jar, 0.33)

I can't run it, this came up as an error message and it wouldnt open the actual client. I'm running XP. I would have searched but I have no idea what its talking about. And before this came up, I was having problems with Java. Any ideas?
----------------------------------------
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Oct 25, 2003 1:59:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

Re: problem, wont start client Reply to this Post

I'm having a problem since the download of the "small patch" which on dial-up is an hour download. It is suggesting I clear my cache but I REALLY don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Did yours start after the patch or before?
Lilymorgan
No One Important of the flag No One Cares Who I Am Anymore
[Oct 25, 2003 2:51:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

After the patch. Its been getting increasingly more and more difficult to kickstart my client into updating; lately I've had to reboot and reinstall both PP and Java more times than you can count. :S
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Oct 25, 2003 2:53:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

I'm having the same problem. Are you on dialup?
Lilymorgan
[Oct 25, 2003 2:54:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Nope, ADSL. It appears to be working now, but of course I might be speaking too soon.
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Oct 25, 2003 2:58:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

Mine is a Bundle Initialization Failure problem. I've rebooted and it's STILL not working.
Lilymorgan
[Oct 25, 2003 2:59:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

That's happening on Nomis's computer. Tried rebooting, didn't work.. cleared the media cache thing it suggests you do, and seems to be d/ling ok now.. dare I speak too soon..
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Oct 25, 2003 3:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

I finished downloading the patch and then it went to try and get the log on screen and nothing. I REALLY hate the idea of clearing the cache and redownloading...411k took an hour and a half!
Lilymorgan
[Oct 25, 2003 3:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
Pythos

I can indeed confirm that clearing the cache and redownloading all the media does in fact clear up the problem of the uninitializing bundles (Running Windows 98)

Jeridus - Owner of Sheepish Looks
'The absolute best tailor in Azure!' - Jeridus' Mom
Jeridus - Mad Mutineers
YPP's Original Two Fisted Tailor
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

Working on that now. We'll see. (I'm running XP)
Lilymorgan
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
lilewyn

I've downloaded the "small patch with no new media to download" and am still off the game.

I'm getting "Bundle(s) failed initialization" and I've cleared the media cache once already tonight and re-downloaded.

What occurs to me is that to fix this, I'm going to have to uninstall the client, delete the .yohoho and deltree the c:\program files\yohoho directory just to make absolutely sure there's no sneaky leftovers that are causing the problem... it takes me about two hours and a little change to download the media over dialup.

Needless to say, as I've got to get up early tomorrow, I'm through with this until at least tomorrow.

Downloading the media twice? Would perhaps the nice admins give us, say, a downloadable package that I could snag off the high-speed at work, take it home on CD, and then run from there so no more two-hour downloads?

'tis a wee bit annoying... but then again, this is a beta.
Azure: Yvette, Lilewyn
Midnight: Yvette
Elsewhere: "Hey, you!"
[Oct 25, 2003 6:41:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.threerings.net [Link]  Go to top 
The_Vixen

Clearing the cache worked for me. You might want to check what programmes are running when you try to start the client. Something might be interferring.
Lilymorgan
[Oct 25, 2003 6:45:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RebelliousBaby79 [Link]  Go to top 
MKSparrow

Great I'm not alone =D
Ok clearing cache for the second time...at least now I know it works
Is it rainning?
[Oct 25, 2003 9:28:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ParaTara

i am having the problem initializing the bundle .. and its still not working - redownloaded it all this morning on dial up. is there something else i need to try or set up - i cant take many more of these 2 hour downloads. =\

ive already tried clearing the cache once ... and i also unistalled the game - reinstalled and tried redownloading .. guess imma try to restart again .. but i dont think clearing the cache is going to work.
Madeline
Captain of Six Leagues Under
[Oct 26, 2003 1:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MKSparrow

Had to clear cache 4 times before i get it to finally work
Is it rainning?
[Oct 26, 2003 1:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilewyn

Game not starting Reply to this Post

I got my email from Cleaver with no requests for information, so I completely uninstalled Puzzle Pirates. I went to delete the program files folder and the .yohoho but they were already deleted (Wow, an uninstall that WORKS!)...

I'm at work at the moment and used the nice commercial DSL to re-download the install program, just in case, but unfortunately can't bring my home PC in to connect to Puzzle Pirates to nab the media download as there's a big chunky firewall/proxy setup in place here.

Which means, I get to home and sit on dialup for another two hours. *cry*

While I'm here, in fact, I think I'll download the latest Sun Java as it's sure to be large also.
Azure: Yvette, Lilewyn
Midnight: Yvette
Elsewhere: "Hey, you!"
[Oct 26, 2003 2:42:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.threerings.net [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates