• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1369 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
tw11st38r

Controlling NPPs Reply to this Post

Problem: I can't see my NPPS!
1. I hired some NPPS, and when they got on the boat, they stood behind the mainsail mast, and I couldn't assign them to duty stations.
-- One possible solution, on the Vessel panel, click on the NPP and assign duty stations from there.

Plus that solution would be helpful so I don't have to walk all over to the boat to deal with me NPPs.

ARRR

Blackdeath
[May 1, 2003 2:34:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

deport! Reply to this Post

A trick I learned for this is to deport or set sail. The npps will then move around and ye can usually find them - although once on me brig an npp hid out for quite a while before I found him (apparently) hanging from the railing of the upper deck!
----------------------------------------
[May 1, 2003 5:49:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: Controlling NPPs Reply to this Post

I would love to see that feature too, clicking on NPPs in the vessels view to assign a different station to them.
I do alot of trade runs with minimum amount of NPPs on, and I often have to run all over the ship to move NPPs around. This feature would be like yelling out the orders to your crewmen, quite realistic I think.

And yes I use the set sail as well, even if it takes NPPs some time to have to run from deck up in the crows nest, back to deck and then down into the hull to find the bilge pump ;)
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[May 1, 2003 8:08:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I think I suggested that somewhere else . . . even better to have it work for PPs as well from the vessel menu. Instead of forcing them, though, it simply sends a /tell with their new orders.
[May 1, 2003 9:35:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Hiding NPP's Reply to this Post

Yesterday, Patient Emily wouldn't come down from the crows nest (because she knew I wanted to fire her?)...she was up there for hours. We put into ports, set sail, sea battled, everything...but she was still lurking up there going on about the fresh sea air incessantly.

Going straight into the view when you enter the crows nest is great, but it means you can't click on her to fire her. In the end she only left when we had been back on Alpha for ages and all players had left the ship for a while.

Being able to get at the npp's to fire/move jobs from a menu would be distinctly helpful in cases like these; until then, anyone who sees her, kick her for me please!
[May 19, 2003 12:40:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Until fixed I got a tip to be able to click on her in the crows nest.
If you are in the crows nest when starting a sea battle swordfight, and you exit the fight early you will see the old view up in the crows nest, so you can get to that evasive NPP.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[May 19, 2003 2:58:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Good one! I'll remember that.

Especially since I had to log off & leave another one on the Childish Guppy again earlier...they like the fresh sea air up there alright.
[May 19, 2003 9:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates