• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 68266 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
Demonyaj

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

A definite hard sell is the opaque black bottle emblazoned Random Bump. You know you're getting something, and sometimes something really strong, but you haven't a clue if it's red or white, and whatever it was, it never really improved with age.
----------------------------------------
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jun 9, 2006 1:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blinkkid

Although not as common as it used to be, I can still be tempted into a glass of When Do We Port. It's best enjoyed right after When Do We Get Paid.
Blinkkidmutt, has no home and can be found everywhere.

Amarilla tells you, "I'm so cool, I'm puzzling and planking"

~Avatar by Pazy~
[Jun 9, 2006 1:29:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drusilla

I wouldn't call myself a whine snob, but When Do We Port and When Do We Get Paid are not only cheap but also apallingly common. Someone is offering it at nearly every party, and it seems to me the host is the only one who enjoys it.

But as long as we're talking sparkling whine, give me a I'm an OM and I'll Ban You instead.
Avast! Jesus were a leopard.
[Jun 9, 2006 1:33:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    drusilla_ypp    raspberryjamdeg [Link]  Go to top 
daleenmarine

The simplicity of listening to /jcrew for payment info is what makes the I didn't get paid a noteworthy blockade whine.
Served best with the Quartermaster program performing payments, but also compliments the payment ship method.
HuskerMike wrote: 
It feels like you're on a jihad against me.

Antix wrote: 
And if he turns out to be an innocent lets not remember that fact at all.

[Jun 9, 2006 1:33:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starstx33

Lemme Be an Alpha tester a very young vintage, sadly no longer has the growing conditions for it to be properly produced. I blame global warming and open betas. Its questionable flavor and weak strength were made up for by its trendy labeling.
Caspian: Dodging metaphorical bullets since 1984
New and improved: Caspianne coming to a Malachite near you!
[Jun 9, 2006 1:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    starstx33 [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

One of the most prolific whineries, Looterati Conspiracy, has produced numerous vintages. One of the more memorable whines that they have produced is This Familiar Contest Is Rigged. It is a dry, full-bodied red that seems mild in the beginning, but hits you with a strong blast of tart fruitiness in the middle and then actually peters out in the end to leave no lingering aftertaste. It is best served during creative forum contests.

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lorkiria at Jun 9, 2006 1:55:12 PM]
[Jun 9, 2006 1:47:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Let's not forget the always-fitting What's The Fastest Way To Make Poe? whine, and it's bottom-shelf cousin, It's Too Hard To Make Poez In This Game. The first goes with nearly anything, but in true screwtop style, the second has an unpleasant aftertaste, despite the nearly identical bouquet.
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Jun 9, 2006 1:48:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateMikey

I forgot about this old chest in the attic. The label is hard to read, but I think I have one small bottle of Cnossos Island Sucks. A small taste reveals a barren bouquet, with a rocky finish.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PirateMikey at Jun 9, 2006 1:55:43 PM]
[Jun 9, 2006 1:53:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

I will have none of your inferior American products

If I'm looking for something spectacular to pour into my glass, it would have to be a Chateauneuf du Manatee
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Jun 9, 2006 2:08:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

My personal favourite is the dubs r 2 much whine, taken in small quantities, it is simply exquisite.
Although, admittedly this wine is produced by the ringers and it you don't buy it their kids will go hungry.
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jondigger20 at Jun 9, 2006 2:12:58 PM]
[Jun 9, 2006 2:08:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

I'm fond of the My Roommate Stole From Me whine, a little rarer, but it has a nice blush to it.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Jun 9, 2006 2:20:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lbm

In almost any store nowadays you can pick up a bottle of any variety of the But we are not dock-pressing label. There is the original Stand on the dock and random job/crew invite, But we are not dock-pressing whine, the newer Go pillaging and after EVERY battle send crew invites to ALL jobbers, But we are not dock-pressing whine, and the ever growing We have 300 Cabin People in our crew (out of 400 crew members) but we are not dock-pressing whine. Each bottle contains whatever could be scraped from the bottom of the barrel, so every one is extremely tarty with a vile after-taste. Popular with Greenie Captains and pirates suffering from Big Crew Envy.

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by lbm at Jun 9, 2006 3:03:32 PM]
[Jun 9, 2006 2:49:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

As rare as they are these days, it's difficult to forget a good sip of My brother is a lawyer and he'll sue you unless you unban me.

Now there's a classic vintage. If you have any left, I'll trade you for my last unopened bottle of NO GODMODDING !JEEZ I HATE THIS.

I wouldn't call myself a whine snob, but When Do We Port and When Do We Get Paid are not only cheap but also apallingly common. Someone is offering it at nearly every party, and it seems to me the host is the only one who enjoys it.

You can add the undistinguished and usually very young Can I Gun to that sad list.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Edit 2 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Jun 9, 2006 3:08:11 PM]
[Jun 9, 2006 3:02:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cloakdeath

I have gotten used to this whine. But the flavour does impress me, everytime.
Yes, "how do u larf" and "happy robert rofl" are quite good.

Also - "can i borrour grand fig plz1" is better (for me) in small amounts.
Cloak'

~Chief Art Director of Blended Sky~
[Jun 9, 2006 3:13:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newgrounds.com    Cloakdeath [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

I can't believe nobody's mentioned one of my favorite tarty reds: Greeter Society whine. Greeterati Vinyards puts out a good vintage anually, often with lighter tones, nearing pink. This year's batch was so tart it knocked someone's beard right off the forums.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jun 9, 2006 3:30:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

If ye are looking for a decent sort of Vin Ordinaire, the I blame .... whines are hard to beat. They come in a wide variety of styles and flavours and ye can be sure to find one on the shelf to suit any occasion. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish the red whines from the whites and rose tinted ones are almost never made.
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Jun 9, 2006 6:37:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Metallus

This seems to be an especially good season for I miss chatting with Cleaver and Nemo and Petitioning sucks, I want to be able to talk to OMs again. The first is a rather bitter whine enjoyed by only the most experienced whine enthusiasts. However, it's simple to make, and I've actually been known to press a version of it myself (though, I have generally only shared it with my crew) in the past few months. The latter has a bit more ambitious flavor, and will go straight to your head if you take in too much at once.
Metallus - SO - Ironside - Bigups Notorious Fandango!
[Jun 9, 2006 9:08:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://metall.us [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

If you do not feel properly rewarded for your hard work, I recommend Pillaging Payouts are broken since the update. Tis best sipped while pillaging a dark blue route with greenies.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Jun 9, 2006 9:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Can I add person trying to still manufactuer a feud with me so people listen to them on the radio even though I've never spoken to them in game whine or is that a little too much of a personal blend?
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 9, 2006 10:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

If that's an acceptable vintage, then I propose to add Everything's about me, which is a rather bitter blend of vanity and arrogance.
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Jun 9, 2006 10:21:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

I'm not really sure about that, Rome, but I do see that Midnight Whinyards has produced a wonderful new blend of Blockades Are Griefing whine for 2006. I hear it's unique to that particular whinyard.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jun 9, 2006 10:22:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Well Llama, you generally end up drinking that whine when your buddy drank up all the I blame someone, often by name, for things that are actually due to my personal shortcomings. Next time leave a little for me! I hear it's great with scapegoaty cheese.

And chavez I think you need a cup of coffee (=
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jun 10, 2006 2:21:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Kharnor

I've always enjoyed a glass or two of Lucker after a rousing swordfight or rumble against a Renowned with one tenth of my experience. It's a whine with a bit of a sour kick to it, but it has a sweet, ego-boosting aftertaste.
Kharnor, perpetual junior officer of the Lost Lot
[Jun 10, 2006 6:07:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

Ahh, Rome, so sweet of you to bring your own vintage of Messiah Complex to fix all the bitter whines being thrown around today.

Perhaps I can offer you, instead, a nice white Let it go. It's fresh, it's refined, it's brings out everything you've come to expect from a game.
[Jun 10, 2006 6:45:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
Swazzorama

My personal favorite is Why is my name green, but one of the annoying aspects is that you must drink it right away, for aging it will only cause the rich flavor to die.
Swazzy

Hunter

"The only thing we should fear is Swazzy..."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Swazzorama at Jun 10, 2006 7:18:04 AM]
[Jun 10, 2006 7:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

By the way, don't we need some cheese to go with all these whines?

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jun 10, 2006 8:23:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Antique

Cheese, huh? Would crosses on crowns are offensive be considered cheese, or does that qualify as a whine?
Antique of Cerulean!
[Jun 10, 2006 8:28:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
surasshu

Ah, cheese! I do love me some cheese. 4 instas in a 0-damage brig swordfight, I really like that one. It has a strange smell, kind of like Gunning with severe lag, but slightly less pugnant and the flavour really carries a long way.

As for my favourite whine, there can be no doubt that the finest whine I have ever taste is Mind-reading imps. Not too bitter, not too sweet, a perfect blend of flavours, and a beautiful colour (yes, I consider the colour to be very important for a red whine). It illuminates any party. Also, if I have fish, I like my white whine to be Bnav rankings are booched (a rich, dry variation on the mundane ratings are booched). Finally, the simple and cheap but oh-so wonderful: Misflip. Probably best value-for-money, that one.
Midnight, Surasshu. Pwner of sails and SF.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by surasshu at Jun 10, 2006 9:25:51 AM]
[Jun 10, 2006 9:09:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.surasshu-sound.com    surasshu [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

Last night, after I had a few martinis, I decided to try an exotic blend of 4 grapes that the whinyard calls No Breakers. It was fruity and delicious, but didn't really leave me satisfiyed.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by HuskyTed at Jun 10, 2006 9:49:27 AM]
[Jun 10, 2006 9:45:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

May I offer I'm por, plez gif me poez in the cheese department. This, when new, is a fromage of poor taste but when slightly more mature tends to be decidedly sour. It comes wrapped in ragged cloth to prevent mold and will often be piled 3 deep. The connoiseur of truly fine cheese will treat this offering with the amusement and contempt it deserves.
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Jun 10, 2006 10:18:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates