• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 68278 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
Queanie

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

I'm pleased to see that the 'Cnossos Tartage Whine' has remained a popular vintage. It's acidic bite is tempered by a long palate with gentle flourishes of pheonix and Sexi.
----------------------------------------
Jezabella
Supposedly retired, but recently seen skulking around on various botes
[Jun 23, 2008 7:44:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

I was just hitting the seas today when a random jobber suddenly offered Chateau de can i join ur crew as SO accompanied by the i hav gud (solid/able) stats cheese and i m trustworthy and deserve access to all ur crews unlocked ships even though we only fought one battle together fish. When I politely refused he left in a huff. He probably doesn't think much of my tastes.

In the following blockade we all got passed a round of Cabernet i did lots of work staring at the deck why dint i get paid pay me 5k naoz accompanied by i job 4 uther side cheese. The initial taste is horribly bitter mixture of sloth and avarice, but it then blooms into a wonderful aftertaste of schadenfreude and superiority.

With the spelling on each of these labels I'm pretty sure they must have been produced by the Majestrate Vineyards. =P
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tlz_allen at Jun 24, 2008 11:37:36 AM]
[Jun 24, 2008 11:37:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
muddler224

The truly most fine whine must be the one distilled on a ringer controlled island, aged in a war chest, and cooled on ice ocean, to finally become...

the vintage subscription aged "1264"
--
90% of teens today would die if Myspace or Facebook had a system failure and was destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
[Jun 25, 2008 2:55:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yahoo.com/    kookookoo2005@yahoo.com    why do i need one    same as above [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Lately Thier has been a rise in a new blend of Omgz You sunk me in atlantis! in the Viridian Vinyards, very bitter indeed
Nunny
[Jun 26, 2008 5:37:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candyman222

Lately Thier has been a rise in a new blend of Omgz You sunk me in atlantis! in the Viridian Vinyards, very bitter indeed

I can solve that! Get rid of atlantis!
Captainrich of Mutiny
Lord of Sea Change
Viridian Ocean <3
[Jun 26, 2008 7:41:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
briggs

Personally I find the particular version of I ned poez, i r pour aged on the docks of Alpha Island to be rather dry, but to a refined, wealthy taster, the bouquet is particularly sweet.
Briggs
Owner and Manager of Alpha Docks
[Jun 27, 2008 2:59:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

This season's stock of Poker is worse than Foraging is worse than... is in stock now. Easily identifiable by the text on the label going around in a full circle.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jul 19, 2008 3:18:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Baddmark

Privacy Inn (No added Greenies) is a fine house whine available at select Cobalt locations.
[Jul 20, 2008 9:05:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Ahh 'My Free Box Wine isn't Psychic and Gorgeous'.
A challenge to plan a meal around, My Free Box Whine is a truly random selection. Is this box Sirah? Is it Zin? Is it Port? Who Knows! What we do know is that unless it is the rarest of viands, and specifically to the drinker's individual taste, there are going to be complaints about this gift.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[Oct 16, 2008 11:22:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
TuucciZ

There's been a lot of hiss about the very nectar of the gods, completely black wine, which has leaked to someone's undeserving mouth (or shoulder).
Tuuc on Sage. Yes, I'm back.
Nemo wrote: 
I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone who didn't post in this thread.

[Oct 16, 2008 11:32:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
King_Nick

It seems that this year, the Atlantis chest division sux vintage whine is returning. Everyone who believed that the was no stock left after the initial delivery ran dry is in for a disappointment.

Discerning palates soon find this whine dreary and repetitive, especially if it is served with I topped the duty report the entire trip and high-end rewards only for top puzzlers cheeses on undeserving lazers crackers. The most common variety on the shelves seems to be the Familiar brand, but I have also seen versions with titles like Atlantean clothing and Atlantean furniture. Don't be fooled, these are exactly the same whine with a different label.

I've tried to alleviate the bitterness with some if you don't like it, then don't go fruit juice, but so far these whines seem immune to tampering (and reason).

Personally, I wouldn't offer a bottle like this even to my enemies, but it seems to be doing the rounds again.

/me sighs

plz consider stopping your ugly posts and uneeded suggesetions.

[Oct 25, 2008 3:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Ah, it's been aging nicely for quite the time now, but I believe we currently have quite the stock of Blog Post Cabernet Sauvignon. This whine is aged carefully under the supervision of The Spyglass, where the environment is quite simply perfection when it comes to whine, imparting highly acidic notes that smooth to an entertaining finish. Simply magnificent!

Of recent note are our 2008 vintage Foraging Shall Ruin Ye and Ored was Better, Snakes Suck! Be on the look out for years to come!
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Nov 13, 2008 10:17:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

We can now truly have RED whine. I anticipate it will be a rough start to the vintage, due to being so very young. May it mellow well over the years.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[Jun 27, 2009 1:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

The Labor section of the vinyards has rebotted an older flavour for 2009: Increase the labor amount or the Oceans will die! It's good, and it's supply only seems to be increasing.

If I were to recommend other flavors from there, try a bitter Expert distilling is too hard, or a fizzy Alts are taking up all of the expert places.

Enjoy both at dinner parties, eaten alongside a block of Shopkeepers are tricking pirates with high expert pay that the shopkeeps never use.
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Jun 28, 2009 2:22:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Ahh, but a new special reserve will be coming soon to quiet those who hate those flavors.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jun 28, 2009 3:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

The lovely Savvy Hats Are No Special If Everybody Can Get One seems to be of recent note. I highly recommend you seek it out.

Serve with Ice.
[Jun 29, 2009 1:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

The lovely Savvy Hats Are No Special If Everybody Can Get One seems to be of recent note. I highly recommend you seek it out.

Serve with Ice.

That would make it an Eiswhine?
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jun 29, 2009 2:01:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

That would make it an Eiswhine?

To be served together with Apple Inc.'s bacon entrée: iSwine.
[Jun 29, 2009 2:18:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laeinea

I seem to have stumbled across a full bodied case of It's Not FAIR that anyone not ranked ULT won a familiar! cabernet savignon, deep and rich with a hint of jealousy to add a touch of spice to the after taste.

Also sitting in that dark cobwebby corner was a lone bottle of A Top Fine Performance Takes No Skill To Achieve! So It Should Not Be Considered a Competition! Shiraz which went amazingly well with Parrot steaks and Turtle soup.

;)
Odila
Cobalt
~... Which, if I was some ugly lizard, I'd be getting all up in my virginity....~ (Brought to you by the letter A and OdorofFrodo.)

Bologna on the hood works better than slashing tires.

[Jun 30, 2009 2:50:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

This year's vintage of Subscription Oceans Don't Have Enough Labor is predictably bitter with muddled undertones about whose origins the vintners have many theories. Despite its harsh taste today, this whine only gets worse with age.

The coming vintage from Blue Ocean Vinyards is sure to be different as it will be produced in special reserve (labor) barrels. Whether this will improve the characteristics of the whine remains to be seen.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at Jun 30, 2009 12:15:39 PM]
[Jun 30, 2009 12:12:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

I've seen a new whine on the market lately called The New Oceans Will Kill Mine!
Jolyma

[Jun 30, 2009 2:00:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HeadSpins

I've been wondering where the old Sailing Whine was... Has it completely gone? Or is there a new whine to replace it... On other news, I've heard through the bird, that the word on the street is, there are new whines in town! One of em is Banker Boutique , quite prestigious as a whine, actually.
[Jun 30, 2009 8:10:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starsapphire

I ran across a dusty old bottle of Modders Win Everything from the Missing Liz Whinery. Sip with caution, because this may cause certain feelings of "the good old days were better". Of course this feeling could be enhanced with a young red Poker Free Ocean that just came out recently. Enjoy with a light They Brought Back Pillaging cheese.
Falmari on all Oceans

In water they had great delight, and those that came at last to the western shores were enamoured of the sea.
[Jul 4, 2009 12:28:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanglan

I seem to have stumbled across a full bodied case of It's Not FAIR that anyone not ranked ULT won a familiar! cabernet savignon, deep and rich with a hint of jealousy to add a touch of spice to the after taste.

Also sitting in that dark cobwebby corner was a lone bottle of A Top Fine Performance Takes No Skill To Achieve! So It Should Not Be Considered a Competition! Shiraz which went amazingly well with Parrot steaks and Turtle soup.

;)

Ooooh! Those would make a lovely tasting trio with a slightly sour All I Ever Win is Parrots I found being handed out on the deck of a war brig last week. I sampled the other whines contributed to that discussion, but they all seemed to have run to vinegar.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shanglan at Jul 8, 2009 12:22:15 AM]
[Jul 8, 2009 12:21:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Modders Win Everything from the Missing Liz Whinery

Oh, man, I've got to taste that. Anyone got an address to a whine shop that sells it?

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 8, 2009 6:23:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Every new release seems to come with new features as well as fresh barrels full of Three Rings Has No Idea How to Run a Business, from the popular Game Design Whinery.

It's a miracle of modern science - this blend consistently ferments in under a day!
[Aug 5, 2009 8:14:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

Every new release seems to come with new features as well as fresh barrels full of Three Rings Has No Idea How to Run a Business, from the popular Game Design Whinery.

It's a miracle of modern science - this blend consistently ferments in under a day!

But why should I shell out my money for this when I already have (New Feature) is ruining the game? They taste fairly similar.
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Aug 5, 2009 5:28:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Three Rings Has No Idea How to Run a Business is directly derived from (New Feature) is ruining the game, if you would believe such a finey blend can be made even fineier! The process is near the same, but in this case some extra grapes of wrath are added to the mix. This whine demands to be drank immediately, and any moment of delay in the process increases its acidity tenfold!

It requires your undivided attention, always. To look elsewhere for a second is irresponsible. To give time to another whine is unacceptable. To forget to tell this whine that it is the best, most important whine... it's simply bad business!
[Aug 6, 2009 9:44:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Another derived whine from the same whinery which adds its own distinctive flavour is the Update of [Old Feature] is ruining the game. This seems to be rather popular lately and drinks well with a seasonal plate of Dubs Are Too High.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 8, 2009 9:20:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

but in this case some extra grapes of wrath are added to the mix.

They tasted sour to me.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Aug 8, 2009 11:38:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates