• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 68296 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
StuManchu

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

The limited holiday edition of You Should Come Back is especially high-gravity this year. Traces of sarcasm are subtly interposed with sexy tannins and it finishes with an ego inflating chocolate overtone. Warning: also makes for a nasty hangover.

The same vineyard released Why Aren't You Back earlier this year, but the Scorn, Disbelief and General Disappointment grape blend just doesn't do it for me.
----------------------------------------
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Dec 28, 2007 7:50:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Aged only 5 months since its creation, the You Stole My Station in Atlantis whine has hit this holiday season. Actually, as much as this has played out and as quickly as it was put on the table, it may be more like a malt liquor.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Dec 28, 2007 8:10:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
TrowzersSays

Just released today is the special 2008 pressing of Du Moar Doodels, which is perfect with a side of Pleez pleez pleez cheese.

It's a light-hearted vintage, but still very demanding on the palate. Though disappointing that it is in such limited numbers, overall it is a good natured and full bodied beverage to be enjoyed by everyone. Hopefully there will be another pressing this time next year. This reviewer hopes that consumer demand did not put too much pressure on the manufacturers.
Trowzers on Sage...

[Jan 1, 2008 1:54:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Limited Edition bottles of I can't find the Lucky Dip OMs have started to surface, along with murmurs of Why am I not placing in any Daily Doodles being made avaliable. Catch them while you can, they'll not be around come Janurary.

As expected, both of these vintages have been discontinued. Expect to see another small batch available next year.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Jan 1, 2008 10:08:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

For the past several months, there's been a surfeit of Ice is my home ocean from the I don't understand the word 'testing' vineyards.

This would be a mellow vintage if it were rarer. In large quantities, however, it becomes both fruity and nutty. I encourage the vineyard to throttle back on production.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jan 1, 2008 1:36:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Octobeard

There has been a recent overproduction of the The ringers are ruining the game! vintage, often coming with the Poker, Atlantis, and Conspiracy cheese. Each new batch is the same as the last, making it become quickly monotonous.
PogoBeta wrote: 
NO GODMOGGING

[Jan 12, 2008 4:48:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chaoticjosh

whilst very common, i find it alway pleasant to sit down with some LUCKER!, with it's sweet, tarty taste and golden colour. you just can't go wrong.
Chaoticjosh on Hunter Ocean, I'm always bored, so send me a /tell if you wanna have fun.

My avatar was made by Xjellybeanx
[Jan 15, 2008 10:25:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TuucciZ

whilst very common, i find it alway pleasant to sit down with some LUCKER!, with it's sweet, tarty taste and golden colour. you just can't go wrong.

The wine in question is popular among newer wine tasters, but more experienced tasters can sense the bitter sidetaste and therefore don't endorse it.
Tuuc on Sage. Yes, I'm back.
Nemo wrote: 
I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone who didn't post in this thread.

[Jan 15, 2008 10:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Another brand of the "You Stole My Station" whine from the blockade lazzer's vinyeard. Cheap, never subtle nor very tasteful ... a lot like Colt 45 Malt Liquor.

And while I'm at it, a good cheese with some whines is the "I feel like pillaging after Atlantis and risking all our treasure cause I'm too damn arrogant to think otherwise." Like its purveyors, it comes in a block(head) style package.
TlzAllen
[Mar 29, 2008 1:48:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Now it's had a few weeks on display in the liquor store, Try a bottle of "Not another new ship!" from Stuckinourways vineyard.

It likely has a curious and challenging flavour, not unlike that of "Who changed the AI?" and "The game USED to let me do that!".

Sadly, no-one can tell us just how sparkling or refreshing it may be, as almost everyone with any authority on the matter refuses to even open the bottle, let alone taste it. Although most of them have still bought a bottle, because the label looks nice on the shelf alongside the offerings from Lon Gan Dow yards of recent times.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Mar 29, 2008 3:58:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
geeky_kitty

Czaro thus spoke:
Ah. You just can´t go wrong with a bottle of Go Skellies! accompanied with I was in the last X frays, I want my p0ez bac! cheese.

A white I have seen passed around at the frays, which my palette is attuned to, and I often enjoy, is The New Skellies System Sucks (refined and relabled from the whinery that made Skelly randomization is unfair). The base note is still quite bitter, and it has a jealous top note. It ages rather gracefully though -- never gets old or rancid, but keeps its pungency.

I am running low on Bring(eth) Back(eth) the Piggies of the Cobalt Whineries. It was a limited-run of tasty blush, which Kirin residents have enjoyed. I heard there was a similar limited-run beer on Kirin, but we're talking whine here, right? ;}

Back to the whines...

Competing ocean whineries have been producing a flavorful red that has been growing in popularity: X Ocean/Players Pwns All Other Oceans/Players. (Some markets, such as the one Flamez911 is in, have seen this labeled as My ocean is better than yours.) It is often enjoyed at bakeoffs. Many pirates prefer the more distinct and direct taste of Cross-oceaners and Alts Don't Belong Here, while others enjoy the subtleness of I Wish I Had A(n) Monkey/Parrot/Octo.

It has been a while since I've last enjoyed a wedge of Join My Crew? followed with a glass of U Can B FO! Similarly, I've ignored all requests to enjoy Can I B Yer Roomate, and, by the same whinery, Maek Me Managr!

A good, pedestrian cheese, with which many of these whines can be enjoyed: postcount++. :D After too much whine, one also might enjoy the Alt+F4, though I find it to be too blue.

geek. o_^
*never without a few bottles of Mute, and a brick of LOL*
Geekers
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Geekers
[Mar 31, 2008 12:51:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geekers.org    oOgeekersOo [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

In my 16 months of living on Cobalt I've come across many different whines. I would have to say that one of the most memorable for me would have to be the Can I...? series. The most common varieties seem to be the Gun, Nav, and Bilge varieties, with Sail and Carp being quite rare. As expected, the common varieties (Gun, Nav, Bilge) have a taste not unlike soap, whereas the rare varieties (Sail and Carp) are generally sweeter; although some bottles might taste a bit sour, most commanding officers would appreciate them.

Also worth mentioning are the cousin pressings of the Can I...? series, the I suck at... series. It generally comes in three varieties: Sail, Carp, and Bilge. These taste quite bitter compared to the Can I...? series, regardless of the variety, and both Station up or I plank your booty and Do you want us to sink? make for good cheeses to go with this whine. Just try your best is also acceptable.

A distant relative is the Anyone wanna trade stations? whine, which is of similar taste.

Finally, the can i see inside ur house i mite buy it whine, of which I've found many bottles in my cellar ever since I got my row house back in December of 2007. It is a highly potent and acrid whine, and only the Look it up on YPPedia cheese can make it palatable. If I somehow manage to consume too much of it, a nice swig of Mute can clear things up in a jiffy.
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Apr 19, 2008 11:57:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Ahh yes. I THOUGHT there was still a bottle of Blockade Pay Is Unfair. A fantastic value, this blended wine combines the best of many Ruining The Game vineyards such as Poker, Cross Ocean Alt Politics, Multi-Clienting, etc. It goes very well with a tart, sharp Forum Griefing Cheese.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Perlandria at Apr 20, 2008 12:38:46 AM]
[Apr 20, 2008 12:37:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Ahh yes. I THOUGHT there was still a bottle of Blockade Pay Is Unfair. A fantastic value, this blended wine combines the best of many Ruining The Game vineyards such as Poker, Cross Ocean Alt Politics, Multi-Clienting, etc. It goes very well with a tart, sharp Forum Griefing Cheese.
That series of Wine tends to be decreasing in popularity by the lower class of pirates but has gained popularity amoungst the ruling classes.
Nunny
[Apr 20, 2008 12:50:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dulcinea2168

Just last night I came across a new pressing of an old vintage, in the family of "I'm so bad at these puzzles and my life is so awful you can't possibly know or understand so you should just let me win or don't notice when I'm a poor sport and leave when I'm losing after saying rude things to the other players at the table" whines.

True to form, this whine lacks the full balance between body and bouquet necessary for a good finish. Being overly sour (and refermented to boot), this whine is best stored in some long forgotten corner of your cellar until the relatives you can't avoid in any way possible come to call.
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

[Apr 20, 2008 12:45:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gamegirl2168 [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Just last night I came across a new pressing of an old vintage, in the family of "I'm so bad at these puzzles and my life is so awful you can't possibly know or understand so you should just let me win or don't notice when I'm a poor sport and leave when I'm losing after saying rude things to the other players at the table" whines.

With a name like that, I'm pretty sure this whine comes with a 6-panel, foldout label. =P
TlzAllen
[Apr 20, 2008 7:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Another edition of the Parlour Table Hopping whine came out today. You know the one, where people insist on being on top of the listings for challenges and jump ahead of ANYONE who comes on after them. When spun in the glass and drank, this particular vintage comes with an aftertaste of "I do what I WANT when I WANT" which just seemed a little bitter at best.
TlzAllen
[Apr 23, 2008 1:16:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Patato6

I've always enjoyed the rather bitter Oh noz! You 2 are from the same crew and are playing spades together, you must be colluding!, although I've only come across it once, with some I wasn't paying any attention to my cards, I was to busy reporting them cheese.
... Needs 10 dubloons to make a crew.
[Apr 23, 2008 7:13:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

I've always enjoyed the rather bitter Oh noz! You 2 are from the same crew and are playing spades together, you must be colluding!, although I've only come across it once, with some I wasn't paying any attention to my cards, I was to busy reporting them cheese.

Ah, a lesser known but just as bitter variety comes in the same flavor, but with poker instead of spades.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Apr 24, 2008 4:05:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

Geekers wrote: 
I am running low on Bring(eth) Back(eth) the Piggies of the Cobalt Whineries. It was a limited-run of tasty blush, which Kirin residents have enjoyed.

I still harbor this whine closely in my heart of hearts :D
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Apr 25, 2008 9:52:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furare

I had a taste of R U single? the other night. A relative of the be my gf pressing, this whine left me somewhat at a loss for what to do. On Runescape I would have been able to pair it with the my bf is lvl 100 and will pwn u noob cheese, but this being the far more civilised world of YPP I went to the fridge for some Mute instead.

On Viridian at the moment two (possibly related) varieties are making the rounds: What? 200 poe per seg? X paid 2k! and Why is the blockade scene so dead? Some people appear to enjoy indulging in both varieties, sometimes at the same time...

Oh, and I was recently introduced to ur an alt i report u by someone who appeared to be enjoying it with the cheese of Liberal Use of Profanities, which I'm afraid tastes a little sour. However, I confess to being a fan of Misflip!, which I find helps sweeten the sour taste of Incompetence.
Amonet on Obsidian. Dracina everywhere else.

Now only mostly retired.

[Apr 25, 2008 11:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Not to long ago i was unlucky enough to get a taste of the Slightly off series of You beats me in Pvp i blackspot you Even after its over it leaves a foul taste in your mouth. The only solution to get rid of this awful taste is to follow it up with a jug of Complain.
Nunny
[Apr 25, 2008 3:26:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

... You beats me in Pvp i blackspot you ...

Isn't that one of those brands that come in the gallon bottle with the screw top? Kinda like Boons Farm use to?

o.O
TlzAllen
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tlz_allen at Apr 25, 2008 8:25:12 PM]
[Apr 25, 2008 4:31:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Maby i only found a bottle not to long ago.
Nunny
[Apr 25, 2008 4:49:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Stock up while you can, they're surely not going to last until the next release. Cases of the bittersweet Information Page Housing Details have been unceremoniously shipped from ICE, leaving some Pirates distinctly nervous and sour-faced.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Jun 18, 2008 5:38:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Stock up while you can, they're surely not going to last until the next release. Cases of the bittersweet Information Page Housing Details have been unceremoniously shipped from ICE, leaving some Pirates distinctly nervous and sour-faced.

Best served after dinner with some "Experience Trophies? You must be" Crackers, lightly spread with "I can't believe they're not Better!".
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jun 18, 2008 6:44:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

After a long absence from the market, The Pillaging AI Changed Again has experienced a limited re-release. After savouring a sip or two, the palate's confusion settles down to recognize a familiar old flavour.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jun 20, 2008 10:53:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
strider_ani

Not to long ago I got a Who wants to go on an Adventure with me!?. It starts of with a lovely warming taste of excitement and promise, but by the end it dies down to a bland aftertaste which has a hint of what it used to be.
I also sold a few You're a lucker. Your scupper face. which was just the batch I made that over-fermented so it's just viniger.
Rolf on Cobalt
Perrin on Hunter
Captain of Checkmate on Cobalt
[Jun 21, 2008 12:12:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhoaleper

I was just hitting the seas today when a random jobber suddenly offered Chateau de can i join ur crew as SO accompanied by the i hav gud (solid/able) stats cheese and i m trustworthy and deserve access to all ur crews unlocked ships even though we only fought one battle together fish. When I politely refused he left in a huff. He probably doesn't think much of my tastes.

In the following blockade we all got passed a round of Cabernet i did lots of work staring at the deck why dint i get paid pay me 5k naoz accompanied by i job 4 uther side cheese. The initial taste is horribly bitter mixture of sloth and avarice, but it then blooms into a wonderful aftertaste of schadenfreude and superiority.
Spheniscine on Obsidian
Was Rhoaleper in all dub oceans, but based in Viridian
[Edit 9 times, last edit by Rhoaleper at Jun 22, 2008 6:25:04 PM]
[Jun 22, 2008 6:02:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tosy

The "I don't care if I've posted in the wrong forum" seems to be making a come back.At this rate we'll only need one generic vineyard for all our fine whines.
Sevre/Serafax.

Retired.

[Jun 23, 2008 2:28:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates